We Recommend

• patbateman17 - October 10, 2011 11:52 a.m.

Total bull.
  • patbateman17 - October 10, 2011 11:52 a.m.

Also...why are they adding punctuation to these Captchas??? so confusing.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - October 10, 2011 1:16 p.m.

scroll down to #3. cracked dot com/article_19431_5-mind-blowing-things-crowds-do-better-than-experts.html
  • patbateman17 - October 10, 2011 2:02 p.m.

hahaha...brilliant! Damn reCaptcha making me learn!
  • Scoob - October 10, 2011 2:17 p.m.

The word that is harder to read is the only one you need to type correctly. The other word, you can type whatever you want. The system works as such that if the word that needs translating is typed the same way many times (I've read as little as three times), then it it is deemed correct. The popular go to word for people who want to wreck the system is... well, I can't type it here, but it starts with an "n".
  • DrRock - October 10, 2011 11:45 a.m.

And this is exactly what Mass Effect needed, and I can't wait to play it. /s
  • chrisat928 - October 10, 2011 11:42 a.m.

Not buying.
  • jackthemenace - October 10, 2011 11:41 a.m.

Hopefully not, like, Online versus. Local/online Co-op I could just about handle, but tossing Team Deathmatch in there would be a huge waste of time and resources
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - October 10, 2011 11:37 a.m.

If there were custom character creators for the alien races (you said it doesn't really look like Liara) does that mean that if my Shepard dies I can play as a custom alien? Maybe another Specter? Have they confirmed who players with dead Shepards play as?
  • Fiirestorm21 - October 10, 2011 11:32 a.m.

I think Ken Levine and Irrational Games at large as well as Sony Santa Monica are the only two developers left who seem to grasp that unless you have some incredibly, enormously compelling multiplayer mode with tons of publisher support telling everyone that need to absolutely stop playing Call of Duty and Battlefield and Halo, and play your game instead, then no one is going to give two sh*ts about your multiplayer.
  • Fiirestorm21 - October 10, 2011 11:29 a.m.

Well, BioWare I take this to mean that Mass Effect 3's single player will be absolutely f*cking perfect. Because if it's not, then now we'll know where it probably went wrong. When will developers learn to, in the words of Best Friend Tabitha, STAY THE HELL AWAY from the multiplayer scene when they are making single-player focused games? One game, Resistance 3, was already apparently held back by a divergence of development resources (who knows how much less mannequin animations we would have had to endure if they didn't split their focus into multiplayer?), let's not make it another.
  • AngryScotsman - October 10, 2011 11:15 a.m.

Also, the team on that cover look so creepy. Grunt looks malnourished, Liara looks 5000 years old and Shepard looks like his face is being transmitted onto his head from a million miles away.
  • Longnuts - October 10, 2011 11:13 a.m.

This is terrible news
  • AngryScotsman - October 10, 2011 11:12 a.m.

Okay. I'll probably just concentrate on the single player but it'll be fun to see what they will do with multiplayer. I hope we don't see too many cries that the Mass Effect franchise is somehow ruined because of this, but hey, it's inevitable.
  • TheiiNumberiiJ - October 10, 2011 11:12 a.m.

I'm at least a little interested. It may be good - I hope it is - but I'm not going to be buying it for that anyway.
  • talkraider - October 10, 2011 11:10 a.m.

0.0 I want all of bioware's attention on the single player game
  • NatDaGamer - October 10, 2011 11:09 a.m.

i'm not thrilled about that, mass effect is a single player game for me, I dunno how it's gonna work as a multiplayer. alliance vs geth or something like that maybe?
  • BladedFalcon - October 10, 2011 11:08 a.m.

...Well F*ck