• ezequiel-molina - May 29, 2014 4:20 p.m.

Super Paper Mario: Mimi
  • GameManiac - November 21, 2013 9:23 a.m.

I see no Bouldergeist from both Super Mario Galaxy games...
  • CitizenWolfie - November 21, 2013 5 a.m.

Super Mario World's last battle in the clowncopter is my all time favourite as it was my first Mario game and probably the first game I actually finished. All of Yoshi's Island's bosses were excellent but I especially liked the last one against a titanic Bowser. Super Mario 3D Land's last fight was great and I loved how it was multi-tiered. But the last battle against Bowser/Bowser Jnr in NSMBWU was incredible. It came full circle from SMW and fighting Jnr for the clowncopter while Bowser rains fire down on you had me on the edge of my seat. Phanto... Still gives me panic attacks.
  • cJinL - November 21, 2013 2:22 a.m.

The Mario 64 Bowser fight is definitely a top for me. I loved the older games like Super Mario World and Mario 3, but their Bowser fights were just too short and easy to be memorable...
  • Sinosaur - November 20, 2013 5:47 p.m.

So, this is just reminding me the that only Mario games I've ever gone all the way through were Mario Land 3 (which was the first Wario Land) ...and the PC version of Mario is Missing.
  • J-Fid - November 20, 2013 8:49 p.m.

I'm in a similar situation. I just experienced the final battle of Super Mario World this past Saturday (was pretty good too!), and the only other Super Mario game I've beaten was New Super Mario Bros. U.
  • cJinL - November 21, 2013 2:17 a.m.

I was in a similar situation too, but I recently got to playing all the older Mario games and I was surprised to find how quickly I sped through them. If you just take the time, you'll probably be able to experience all the 16 bit and older games in a few days.
  • winner2 - November 20, 2013 5:46 p.m.

F that damn manta ray. I'm glad mecha bowser is on here, I loved that fight. I'm almost surprised you chose Rawk though, I thought the skeleton pirate boss was way cooler.
  • g1rldraco7 - November 20, 2013 1:34 p.m.

Good article, I liked the Gobbleguts battle since when you hit him, he gets red and moves quicker. Ups the difficulty nicely besides those fast run comet levels.
  • shawksta - November 20, 2013 2:40 p.m.

You know who was Hard? Fiery Gobblegut, DAMN he was a piece of shit, shooting goddamn fireballs and leaving fire pits wherever he goes
  • GameManiac - November 21, 2013 9:20 a.m.

And yet those were merciful compared to the Grandmaster Galaxy in SMG2
  • SveedishFeesh - November 20, 2013 1:29 p.m.

Every single freakin' boss from The Thousand Year door is utterly wonderful.
  • Outofmanyone - November 20, 2013 4:37 p.m.

I concur!
  • shawksta - November 20, 2013 12:29 p.m.

Tower Power Pokey was a neat choice especially with the stage, Gooper Blooper though, dat changing music. Mega Hammer was cool, especially since you shared that awesome Moment with Yoshi
  • Vonter - November 20, 2013 11:55 a.m.

No Rollodillo :c. That's like the cutest Mario boss ever, with its huge cheeks, and eyes and soft looking fur body it's like a stuffed animal boss.
  • shawksta - November 20, 2013 12:27 p.m.

Rollodillo and Peewee Piranha were the epitone of cute, heck, Peewee SQUEAKED with every step
  • Vonter - November 20, 2013 12:30 p.m.

I also liked very much the Invincible Tubba Blubba, its kind of a fairy tale story, being a Monster that takes out its heart to become immortal and loving to eat ghosts. It was very surreal.
  • shawksta - November 20, 2013 2:37 p.m.

YEESH dont remind me Poor Tubba, he just wanted the ghosts to stop bothering him, but then Bowser came and game him the deal of a lifetime It was nice seeing the Boo's and Tubba get along in the ending credits while the heart was mad and chasing them XD
  • darksongbird - September 4, 2012 8:04 p.m.

I enjoyed this article a lot. Almost half of the bosses I've seen like Ralph, that gooey thing from Yoshi's Island and King Thwomp (or whatever his name is) I've heard of, but others were totally new to me. It was interesting to read about them and to see that old-school Super Mario Land commercial with crazy ass Wario. :)
  • Nikku7 - August 20, 2012 8:32 p.m.

Seriously, love the list guys, but no Megahammer from Galaxy 2?? That was one of the most fun Mario bosses I've fought in a long time!