• zelta38 - November 27, 2012 8:53 a.m.

This is just such a stupid record to break, mess up your health, play a game that gets repetitive quick, put yourself through so much all to have your name in the record books and mess up your life and mind for a week on a video game? The book of records should have limits on this nonsense.
  • graydog - November 21, 2012 5:29 p.m.

I think they are full off it you want to break a world record get a kid not an aging adult, for instance when I was a kid and there was no school my parents didn't make me go to sleep I could stay up all I wanted as long as there was no school and at ten years old I spent weeks playing the same video game on my Nintendo with no breaks. I wouldn't even get up to piss, an adult could never have the energy of a kid..
  • ericamitchell4 - November 21, 2012 1:40 p.m.

Now difficult to get a job with good salary, but with this company you can make $58 per hour. All information on this site.. {{{ MEL7.CoM }}}
  • lazer59882 - November 21, 2012 11:25 a.m.

this is why i don't play online games. they're designed to be addictive, and they're endless. as a wise man once said, fuck that shit.
  • ZhugeLiang - November 21, 2012 11:13 a.m.

Now that's the face of a man who's just processed some Five Alarm Chili.
  • BaraChat - November 21, 2012 6:35 a.m.

I played Future Soldier for 2h45 straight (last 3 missions) this saturday evening. I felt bad for losing so much time, and at the same time I was happy I finished it because it was a pretty good game. I usually try not to play more than 60-90 minutes straight, except when I'm VERY bored and alone (which, since I'm married, doesn't happen often). I can't even imagine playing a single game for more than 30 hours in a week, much less 135... I really don't want to judge, but man, that's kinda creepy.
  • Murderapolis612 - November 21, 2012 4:42 a.m.

Oh great a local news story. Where he could have done this for charity and improve people's views of gamers, he instead just looks like an idiot... cool... :/
  • wheresmymonkey - November 21, 2012 2:31 a.m.

A friend of mine managed to play borderlands from start to finish in one sitting. was up for 60 hours. Went a bit mantal by the endo of it. Do i'm guessing if this guy did the same and stored his breaks it would be far from impossible.
  • THE_FORCE - November 20, 2012 8:22 p.m.

He looks like he's just had a power cut while downloading the Wii U's initial fw update.
  • ultraviolet - November 20, 2012 6:37 p.m.

of all the games he could of chosen and he chooses call of duty
  • needles - November 20, 2012 4:24 p.m.

One time after smoking a bunch of dope I jacked of for 5 hours. My are was sore after. I'm not lying either. That meth shit is crazy.
  • needles - November 20, 2012 4:21 p.m.

If you can take breaks than it's not a record. Fuck.
  • talleyXIV - November 20, 2012 12:41 p.m.

Really? He got breaks? Pretty lame and lenient record...
  • Thedigitalg - November 20, 2012 1:08 p.m.

It's probably a safety thing. We hear a lot about marathon gamers having strokes and such like, and I think I remember reading GWR were actually stopping these records because they're dangerous. To be fair, even with the breaks it's still pretty hard to do.
  • Bluemagma - November 20, 2012 11:47 a.m.

Game bored me to sleep in 20 minutes...
  • SentientSquidMachine - November 20, 2012 10:42 a.m.

stock piling breaks to get sleep??? not so special anymore. I'm pretty sure I achieved something like 100 hours per week playing pokemon back in the day.
  • Thedigitalg - November 20, 2012 8:30 a.m.

You know, someone could do this with a job and a girlfriend, and be someone who usually contributes to society. Do you claim someone who goes to Hawaii for a weeks holiday is wasting his time? To paraphrase some guy, "time spent having fun is not time wasted".
  • ObliqueZombie - November 20, 2012 8:27 a.m.

I love the game, I do, but holy shit. Although, I wonder what rank he is....
  • Cyberhero18 - November 20, 2012 8:16 a.m.

Frightening. Truly frightening.