• darkmagshin - August 18, 2010 2:47 a.m.

wow, i was going to buy this game, but now, forget it. why even bother supporting multiple platforms when you are going to play favorites so blatantly. this is ridiculous and a perfect example of lazy programming if i ever saw it.
  • ACanadianMoment - August 18, 2010 2:10 a.m.

I would go and change my order from PS3 to Xbox 360, but I'm too damn lazy.
  • GangsterJew92 - August 18, 2010 1:57 a.m.

I'm glad I own and Xbox 360
  • ShaneCedt - August 18, 2010 1:34 a.m.

Never understood the "speed limiter" of the first game...but wooo playboy nudie pics!
  • MACGRUBER7693 - August 18, 2010 1 a.m.

Whatever you say about the graphics that was the best shadow system I've seen on consoles since uncharted 2.
  • HawtKakez - August 18, 2010 1 a.m.

Ah well, no harm done. I hope they do well.
  • JakeyBaby - August 18, 2010 12:54 a.m.

It's all that texture pop that got me worried. What good is having an immersive experience when you're constantly being reminded you're on a game with smooth suface's oh no wait the textures popped in... It kind of figures, developing on PC first would make it harder to make a PS3 version look as good. It wont effect my decision to buy the game. Just the platform. It just means getting a mouse for my laptop, so I'll be waiting until an attractive Steam price shows up to make it viable.
  • OneToBoner - August 18, 2010 12:49 a.m.

That is too bad for PS3 owners, the game looks great with the cloth physics and details that they will be missing out on. But, worry not, you are not completely alone. Some PC gamers will have to miss out on the physics because it causes huge FPS slowdown, making the game run from around 70 FPS, down to 20, luckily you can tweak the files a bit to make it so just your character has the physics without the FPS drop. A 3.0 Ghz CPU with at least a GTX 285 computer can run the game and full everything pretty well. Can't wait to get this on steam.
  • RebornKusabi - August 18, 2010 12:36 a.m.

Seriously, as a multi-console owner, Sony's really gotta start educating these developers on how to utilize their goddamn brick of a system. I love my PS3 and while the news of Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 has made me giddy, if a developer cannot adequately utilize your stupid-ass system because you refuse to properly explain how it works, there's clearly something wrong here... grass, cloth and blood physics are seriously NOT hard to program and if a developer cannot fully utilize these three common components, there's clearly something wrong here.
  • oufour - August 18, 2010 12:32 a.m.

so there's not as much grass and the pools of blood are smaller. well, this obviously proves how much better the 360 is, i'll go slit my fanboy wrists with my copies of ratchet and clank and infamous.
  • NotBraze - August 18, 2010 12:29 a.m.

Her current job description is "Senior Manager, Interactive Marketing." She was behind BioShock 2's brilliant Something in the Sea viral campaign so it makes sense that 2K moved her over to that as her primary job description. Anyway, just thought I'd help you guys fill in the missing information.
  • NotBraze - August 18, 2010 12:20 a.m.

I'm not sure if you want to update the article, but 2K Elizabeth's real name is Elizabeth Tobey, she's the former community manager over at the 2K Forums (I'm not sure what her job description is now, but she still stops in to answer questions quite a bit). It's interesting though, we all know that BioShock's PS3 release was filled with graphical issues, but I thought 2K had worked that out. I'm just glad I don't typically hang out in that section of the forums, I'm sure it's a nightmare in there right now…
  • ihitthedrum - August 18, 2010 12:04 a.m.

The PS3 isn't necessarily technologically inferior, it's just that the PS3 isn't as easy to develop for as the 360 or PC. OpenGL and the PS3's hard-to-utilize processor are the main reasons.
  • WonsAuto - August 18, 2010 12:04 a.m.

I preordered on the PS3, but I'm less worried about the grass and cloth than I am about the horrible framerate in the demo. This sounds like a copout to me.
  • reeperskull - August 18, 2010 12:01 a.m.

so the exclusive dlc is to make up for there shity port to ps3?
  • grandinquisitor - August 17, 2010 11:59 p.m.

@drewbian I shall call thee Flamebait, for you delight in kicking the hornets' nest!
  • RabidCabbage - August 17, 2010 11:55 p.m.

Excellent news, The Orange Box made me appreciate inferior versions of games on my PS3, and this sounds just as inferior. Whoopee. Probably not the end of the world though. At least there is a PS3 version.
  • drewbian - August 17, 2010 11:55 p.m.

hurrah, proof to the fanboys that ps3 is actually not better than the 360
  • RonnyLive19881 - August 17, 2010 11:55 p.m.

Wow, PS3 fans got the shot end here Lol.
  • JADENkOTOR - August 17, 2010 11:55 p.m.

I have high hopes for this game and will be sure to rent it for the 360 so I can enjoy the more realistic cloth movement that my PS3 can't offer (I really just like the 360 controller better). After all cloth movement is what really gets me off.