• TrIp13G - May 15, 2009 4:49 a.m.

Charlie...What have you done to the Radar...
  • manaconda - May 15, 2009 3:44 a.m.

is this charlie barratt's birthday? did the editorial staff lose a bet? recaptcha: govern byword
  • mentalityljs - May 15, 2009 2:24 a.m.

Ahhhhh! Dark Crystal or The Labyrinth? Labyrinth. Ash or Michael Douglas? Ash. I hate to say it, but Lucas arts has won me on this one.
  • iggzy880 - May 15, 2009 12:55 a.m.

I find Lucas Arts to be better, and would you just complete the list, I mean Lucas hadn't hit their stride until the 90's. Anyways, they could win in the originality of all Schafer games alone, namely Grim Fandango
  • NipplesTheSuperHippo - May 15, 2009 12:43 a.m.

Word to all ur mothers yo; Labyrinth is the shiz of the niz!
  • JeffK - May 15, 2009 12:10 a.m.

One last thing, from Wikipedia. In 1995, SierraWeb went online (I remember this), but: "SierraWeb was also the first website to utilize chat rooms." I know it has zero to do with the topic, but game. set. match. Half of the miscreants I see posting usually in these threads (thankfully absent here) have Sierra to thank for their sex life.
  • Master_Leep - May 14, 2009 11:25 p.m.

Nostalgia factor went into overdrive.. I'm booting up dos box for some SQ!.. I loved all the sierra titles, The Lucas arts were good too... my fav was full throtle.. but sierra online was my first love.
  • Ramijiman - May 14, 2009 11:15 p.m.

charlie likes gabriel knight so Sierra wins!!! :)
  • Starplatinum - May 14, 2009 11:11 p.m.

Oh man, I can't decide between Gabriel Knight and Monkey Island II!! I loved both games equally!
  • StupidTownColonStupidStateColon - May 14, 2009 11:10 p.m.

Mangelic, that makes the most sense, ever. Charlie is an instant win!
  • solsunforge - May 14, 2009 11:02 p.m.

Well this is a topic i have been waiting for a few years. I own both companies games. I do own 117 sierra titles and I will say that gabriel knight quest for glory and leisure suit are awesome games kings quest series is single handidly better then any other company ever. I have to say the lessons and values I have learnt in sierra adventure games is a part of who I am today. I single handidly got about 35 new people from my high school to buy quest for glory anthology and 10 others to buy quest for glory 5. Dont forget about freddy pharkas oh man sierra wins hands down. There are even fan based sequals in the makings for kings quest and quest for glory. oh laura bow mysterys were awesome to. Monkey islands were great and all but theres only a few sierra adventures id say werent up to the rests standards. Lori cole,cori cole,jane jensen,al lowe,roberta williams,ken williams all top designers and if they still made installments in the series id buy em and reccomend them. Go on ebay and youll find all of the above mentioned games going for high prices(the orginals). If al lowe was working on the new larry games they would be 1000X better and funnier.
  • Mangelic - May 14, 2009 10:48 p.m.

Lucas has zero chance. Think about it. Sierra=Gabriel Knight Gabriel Knight=Charlie Barratt Charlie Barratt=Instant Win Simple as that.
  • JeffK - May 14, 2009 10:44 p.m.

Guys, If this comes out as anything other than Sierra walking away with the thing, you're wrong. And I'm not some Johnny come-lately here, the first game I got with our brand new Tandy in 1985 was King's Quest 1. I basically was guaranteed a Sierra game for my birthday present and one as a Christmas present every year for the next six. Somewhere in my mom's attic is every original game box for basically everything from the glory years, except KQ1, including a Hero's Quest box from before they had to rename it. KQ1 is with me, as when I worked in the gaming industry back before we were bought by a dot-com in 2000 and then shuttered in 2001, Roberta Williams came through and I had her sign it. Lest you think I'm biased, I also had Maniac Mansion, Zack McCracken, one of the Monkey Islands, and something else by LA. At their best, I'll maybe grant that LA equalled Sierra at their best. The problem is just a numbers game. Remembering that you specifically said 'adventure games': LA: Maniac Mansion, ZMatAM, 3 Monkey Island games, the Indiana Jones games, I think 2 of those. Sierra: King's Quest 1-8?, Police Quest 1-3, Space Quest 1-5, Quest for Glory 1-4, Colonel's Bequest 1-2, Black Cauldron. The worst you can say about those games is that one or two aren't up to the standards of the rest. Seriously, though, when it comes to adventure games, you can't touch Sierra. The King's Quest series outranks most other developers' entire library on its own, and then you've got what some argue is even better (no) in Space Quest and Police Quest to back that up. It's done. Fin.