• larkan - June 28, 2012 10:58 a.m.

It would be even better if they brought this game to PC, considering controllers blow for FPS/3rd person shooters.
  • Child Of Death - June 28, 2012 11:40 a.m.

Contrary to popular belief by the so called "PC Master Race" controllers are not that damn bad.
  • KnowYourPokemon - June 28, 2012 12:26 p.m.

Sorry but when it comes to shooters a mouse is the optimal way to play. It is impossible to get the precision a mouse can give with an analog stick. The only reason shooters ever got popular on consoles was because they brought in auto-aim.
  • ElwoodFiore - June 28, 2012 4:27 p.m.

You can turn your sensitivity all the way up and get mouse control on xbox 360 controllers buddy..... I dont see why people use low sensitivity on halo or call of duty, the faster the better imo lol kids just need to quit jerking it so they can control there thumbs at a slower rate for slower sensitivty while its still very high
  • KnowYourPokemon - June 28, 2012 6:04 p.m.

Are you actually trying to say that you could play a game as fast paced as Tribes: Ascend on XBox? Cause that would never work, even with sensitivity on max a mouse will always out perform a controller. In the end it's about speed and precision, not just speed. Why do you think they brought in auto-aim for console shooters? Because the precision just isn't there to have it be as good as a mouse. Why do you think Valve cancelled cross platform play for Counter Strike: GO? Because the PC group had a big hardware advantage over the console players.
  • sed598 - June 29, 2012 10:43 a.m.

That's why some of the best players (who im sure are better than you) play on a 4 or 5.
  • secher_nbiw - June 28, 2012 8:30 p.m.

Sorry but when PC gamers go on like that, people just hear "Imadick Imadick Imadick..."
  • KnowYourPokemon - June 29, 2012 7:50 a.m.

PC gamer? Sorry buddy, I'm just a gamer. I play on any platform I can get, I have nothing against any of the platforms.
  • Bloodstorm - June 28, 2012 2:05 p.m.

Eh, even as a PC gamer first, and console gamer second, the controller, IMO, works better for third person games. It has more to do with WASD and the keyboard though, than the mouse.
  • zombi3grim - June 28, 2012 3:51 p.m.

Troll harder
  • Fro4show - June 28, 2012 11:35 p.m.

Gears 1 was on PC. It was part of the whole games for windows dealie. I don't know if you would have liked it, but it controlled horribly imo. It felt it was a tad unorthodox.
  • KnowYourPokemon - June 29, 2012 7:51 a.m.

That being said, Gears 1 was an absolutely horrid PC port though.
  • IamTheBalance - June 28, 2012 10:49 a.m.

Damn i was hoping for a dance scene with Baird and Cole that you could act out on Kinect.
  • angelusdlion - June 28, 2012 11:54 a.m.

No virtual fist bumping? Fuck that, I'm not buying.
  • lewis-barclay - June 28, 2012 9:22 a.m.

Ok so tell me more good news. Is the sawed off taken out? That would be great.
  • Wing126 - June 28, 2012 9:12 a.m.

That's one less GAME I have to buy so! :D
  • md1292 - June 28, 2012 8:30 a.m.

Well that was annoying.
  • Cyberhero18 - June 28, 2012 8:16 a.m.

My god, don't do that to us! I immediately thought that it had gotten cancelled. *whew* okay breath and resume heart function o.0
  • ParagonT - June 28, 2012 8:13 a.m.

Good article, you got us pretty good.
  • DavidBrookes - June 28, 2012 8:12 a.m.

Maybe it is just not right to use Kinect in the new Gears of War game.... the more important thing is that it is going to be a good game overall
  • Bloodstorm - June 28, 2012 8:12 a.m.

I was all like "bad news? did it get cancelled already? I'll never enjoy the company of Cole Train again!" So mean. ;)
  • Bloodstorm - June 28, 2012 8:16 a.m.

Now, what I really want to know is if they are going back to Gears 1-2's 2-player co-op, or if they are going to stick with the 4-player co-op that IMO ruined Gears 3's campaign variation. I liked the missions where you and your co-op partner split up with one of the other AI characters, and then the levels where it was just you and your co-op partner, and it forced you down to being separated and all on your own. Those elements were totally absent from Gears 3.
  • Tjwoods18 - June 28, 2012 8:09 a.m.

How is that bad news? Steel battalion was suppose to be better with kinect but it wasn't.
  • Bloodstorm - June 28, 2012 8:19 a.m.

I swear, read past the first sentence and you will see that it is a joke, and they are actually happy it has no kinect function.