Topics

FAP

• TheZigMan - October 6, 2011 6:23 p.m.

Sorry, but this game looks like the demented child of Two Worlds and Fable. Will not be getting
  • PimplesInYourAsstista - October 6, 2011 6:32 p.m.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • celiria rose - October 7, 2011 6:52 a.m.

The game is nothing like either. Numerous previewers have stated it is more similar to god of wars fluid action combat with the elder scrolls deep rpg elements.
  • ChrisCultista - October 7, 2011 9:06 a.m.

So why wouldn't I just play God of War or Skyrim.
  • lantern13 - October 7, 2011 10:07 a.m.

From what I can gather, GoW has great combat, but not a ton of depth (it's an action game). Skyrim is open world and has a ton of depth, but the combat probably isn't going to be as fun as GoW combat (I disliked very much Oblivion combat, I put difficulty as low as it would go just so combat went by faster) Reckoning will have great combat AND great depth. (I also like the art style :) )
  • lantern13 - October 7, 2011 10:08 a.m.

Oops...
  • ChrisCultista - October 7, 2011 10:49 a.m.

Where and where? The combat looks like games from several years ago, and so do the RPG mechanics.
  • lantern13 - October 7, 2011 11:45 a.m.

I personally like the look of the combat, even if it's several years old... I guess I don't know what modern combat looks like in games. There's books and lorestones (you find a lorestone and it gives you a recorded story, or anything else that someone might have wanted to record)It's open world, but unlike Oblivion where there were vast expanses of nothing (or dungeons that force you into the worthless combat) there's "stuff" everywhere, or... most places :). I guess I'm not up to date on what RPG mechanics are these days, but this sounds like a great RPG (even if they don't have interesting "stuff" most places like they've said they do) PS if you haven't figured by now, I really don't play a ton of different games, so that's why I don't know what "modern" stuff looks like. PPS IMO it doesn't matter how old some mechanics are, if it's a fun game, it's a fun game. "old" games get "old" because the games themselves got boring, not necessarily the mechanics.
  • TheZigMan - October 8, 2011 6 p.m.

Sorry, but I play alot of RPG's, and the art style is like in between the first and second Fable, and the combat is similar to the first gears of war. Its trying to cash in on the RPG market, but it looks just terrible compared to Skyrim, or even Skyward Sword. p.s. If you've seen the new skyrim videos, you would know that the fighting is much more in depth and varied
  • lantern13 - October 12, 2011 3:32 p.m.

I'm assuming you meant God of War... I have seen all the Skyrim videos, and I am extremely excited for the game. The combat does look funner, but it still seems like just an upgrade from oblivion. I sincerely hope that it's not "just an upgrade" though. KoA: Reckoning isn't trying to "cash in" on the RPG market. It is first and foremost an open-world RPG. It has better combat than a lot of RPG's as a bonus. (The combat does look better than Skyrim combat IMO) and like I said, I like the art style and I really don't care how "old" it is. and btw, there are tons (that was mildly exaggerated) of people on the reckoning forums who like most things about this game who "do" play a lot of RPG's
  • lantern13 - October 12, 2011 3:51 p.m.

Watch this http://venturebeta.com/ken-rolston-talks-about-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ken-rolston-talks-about-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning It's an interview with Ken Rolston (I'm assuming you know who he is).
  • TheZigMan - October 12, 2011 4:03 p.m.

When it comes to the game industry, it will always be genre competition. BF3 vs MW3, Forza 4 vs GT5, Star Wars MMo vs Wow, and now Kingdoms of Amalur vs Skyrim. This does not looks like anything that can remotely even touch Skyrim. Sorry