• justinbanda - March 18, 2011 10:47 p.m.

Can we get Jack Thompson and Bobby Kotick together on a spaceship to nowhere? PS: How is he planning to enforce this? PPS: It's almost 7PM EST.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - March 18, 2011 10:46 p.m.

Welp, nothing's happenned. Govern yourself accordingly, Jackie. Also, am I the only guy that's reminded of the businessman person from the Langoliers? The TV series, not the book?
  • Chrisd765 - March 18, 2011 10:40 p.m.

Yey more of the comedy stylings of our old friend Jack
  • adamstephenson - March 18, 2011 10:39 p.m.

This game barely resembles a school environment in any way. Whats all the fuss about? if the name of the mod wasn't "school shooter" i would have never made the connection, no students, no screaming/running or anything. Not much difference in this crap and setting up a bunch of plastic army men and saying, "hey lets pretend these soldiers are students while I knock them over with my finger-shotgun"
  • Riflebird - March 18, 2011 10:35 p.m.

I dislike this toxic man as much as the next, but I have to say this Mod is in extremely poor taste. It's a pretty bad reflection on society that someone would even make this Mod in the first place. Yes, it looks like crap anyway and no, I certainly don't hold Valve responsible for it in any way, but c'mon, why make such a thing? Of all the themes and possibilities, why this? Get an imagination guys, and a less creepy one at that.
  • RicePuddingUK - March 18, 2011 10:34 p.m.

Thompson! F**K OFF! Now one likes you, no one listens to you, no one cares about you, I bet Newell used your letter as toilet paper! and DIDN'T recycle it! He used it again! And watching that footage I can't help agree it looks so real and like a simulator, shooting grown men in jumpsuits who stand around not giving a care in the world whilst in a generic cafe.
  • CaptainSalmon - March 18, 2011 10:34 p.m.

Look, this man is entitled to his opinions, however extreme, and he does have, albeit small, some knowledge of this area. The problem I see if his god-dammed grammar. I mean really, who wrote such an atrociously structure letter? I'm starting to see why the gaming community hates him so.
  • bren789123 - March 18, 2011 10:34 p.m.

I did't know school kids wore jumpsuties
  • Doctalen - March 18, 2011 10:26 p.m.

Dear Jack Thompson, You have until 7pm to go choke yourself. You have the physical ability to do so, you must undertake the steps to do so immediately. Speaking for myself (and all gamers) go suck elephant dick. GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY.
  • GAYMER - March 18, 2011 10:24 p.m.

"you have until five o'clock pm Eastern standard time this Friday, March 18, 2011, to shut down this public safety hazard I predicted years ago this school massacre game would arrive." Did Jack Thompson just threaten Valve?
  • GhostbustTyler - March 18, 2011 10:23 p.m.

Someone should just make a mod where you shoot stuff at Jack Thompson with the Gravity Gun.
  • kazimierz3000 - March 18, 2011 10:21 p.m.

Society isn't violent because of video games, video games are violent because society. A bunch of pixels on a screen reflecting violence, big deal, books have been doing it for thousands of years and the human mind and imagination are more vivid than any entertainment media.
  • cheezitmonster - March 18, 2011 10:20 p.m.

Have you noticed that he only shot the blacks XD.
  • Cleanser247 - March 18, 2011 10:18 p.m.

F*ck the sorry man. He should just stay out of it!
  • nadrewod - March 18, 2011 10:16 p.m.

Ah, 6PM on a Friday night. No work tomorrow, so I think I will play some Half-Life 2. Maybe even a mod. Let's look at what is currently available. Hmm, School Shooter: North American Tour 2012? Nah. Sounds disturbing and is one of the least played mods out there. Okay my list is done to either Garry's Mod or Kill Jack Thompson with video game weapons Mod. Definitely the second one. He's got some 'splaining to do to me and my little friends *firin' mah laser face* Ah, he 'sploded. Wait, he's back again. Let's cut him up this time! YAY! Remember kids, as long as violence is ONLY virtual, it is a great LEGAL way to let off some steam (wow, unintentional valve joke). Plus, companies who made the original game can only try to moderate the mods (AKA Valve never authorized this, and they can't do that much to shut it down.
  • Jesse1066 - March 18, 2011 10:14 p.m.

No offense to whoever made the mod (besides the obvious "Why did you think this was a good idea?"), but this mod looks pretty amateurish, since most of the models and textures appear to be unchanged from HL2. Thompson is just making a big deal about nothing. Even if Valve wanted to try to shut it down, it really wouldn't be worth their time. Especially when they still haven't released Half Life 2: Episode 3.
  • killerjon666 - March 18, 2011 10:09 p.m.

Oh right, shooting people just standing around is great training for mass murders. Does this mean if I play enough call of duty I'll be a great military officer?
  • Ironarm - March 18, 2011 10:04 p.m.

I mean...I'm not okay with this mod. It's horrible. But Valve literally had NOTHING to do with it. It's just their engine. Thompson seems to think that Gabe himself gave the thumbs up to the mod. Come on, Jackie boy. You know better than that. Do your research before you start talking. Oh, and by the way. "I hate being right all the time". Go get hit by a bus, dude. Seriously.
  • Darth_Griffin - March 18, 2011 10:03 p.m.

well, it's 6pm EST. As far as I know the world hasn't ended. Once more, hollow words spoken from a pithy and pathetic man. (is he even a man? Seems more like a spineless alien in disguise)
  • yoyoguy - March 18, 2011 10:03 p.m.

that gameplay video sure was CRAZY!