• TR4rulez - March 21, 2011 7:05 p.m.

Can someone please, for the love of God, please, explain to me how holding a controller aids and teaches one who too shoot a gun. These are the most ludicris acqusations I have ever heard in my life. Also as far as making a shooting game set in a school, it is anyone and everyones right to be creative and take their creativity, or have it take them where they feel fit too. Regardless of who may be offended by it. Here is a shocker of advice for you idiots attacking our freedom, if you don't like something, don't play, partake or endorse it. Don't attack it if you don't like it, ignore it.
  • Friedrice - March 21, 2011 2:10 a.m.

I agree that the mod is in poor taste, but Thompson is blaming the wrong people.
  • Stormwolf36 - March 21, 2011 12:11 a.m.

Yeah so I kind of have to take Thompson's side on this. Change the name of the mod or something but since I actually graduated from the High School in question I feel validated in standing against something like this. I've never voiced my opinion on video games that are offensive, but whoever is making this mod makes me want to projectile vomit EVERYWHERE. I don't think Thompson is approaching the problem in the correct manner here but, I would like to someone held responsible for that unadulterated, offensive piece of work that is being produced. I don't want to see such a mod distributed throughout my gaming community. I don't know, I am all about the First Amendment but a game about School Shootings? Come on, have some class, people like me have to deal with this stuff for the remainder of our lives. We don't need it glorified. Thanks,
  • chriszewski - March 20, 2011 6:18 p.m.

Missed you Jack. Welcome back, you crazy sunofabitch. The more you open your mouth, and more "letters of notice" you send, the less credibility you have and the more ammunition you take from others. FoxNews will continue your good fight once you fade into obscurity once again, but no one does it like you. No one.
  • sage62 - March 20, 2011 8:45 a.m.

I missed you Jack, always good for a laugh
  • epicdominican91 - March 19, 2011 6:12 p.m.

Uhhh, no offense to the modder but this isnt a school massacre simulator This is more of a "Target-practice-with-ballistics-dummies-filled-with-red-paint" simulator If it was a Sch. Mas. simulator, the NPCs would be running the second the saw the gun or at least after he shot the first NPC.
  • TerminX - March 19, 2011 5:35 p.m.

Uh, wow. Guy's pretty high and mighty, isn't he? I could sit here and talk about why he's an idiot, but I'll spare you the read. I hope Gabe does what we all expect him to do and leaves the mod alone, because fuck this guy. Even if you ignore his whole "Games train murderers" standpoint, his attitude alone makes me want to ignore everything he says. Lastly, fuck yeah, more publicity for the School Shooter mod.
  • rabidpotatochip - March 19, 2011 4:47 p.m.

Like I keep saying, Jack Thompson will never truly go away. I hate being right all the time. (I believe a new meme has been born)
  • Tokokono - March 19, 2011 1:48 p.m.

I love how he makes threats when he has no actual power now that he's been barred from law practice. "I hate being right all the time," that sentence alone sums up everything that man stands for. Himself.
  • ThatGuyFromTV - March 19, 2011 1:40 p.m.

This guy's narcissism is so thick I wonder whether or not he realizes he's been disbarred. Anyway, his "murder training sim" argument is complete bullshit, and his ego at the end is unbelievable, but as for saying the mod should be pulled down... shit, i actually kind of agree with him on that. The mod just seems wrong, and who the hell would play it?
  • Sniped50 - March 19, 2011 12:04 p.m.

I'm giggling like a schoolgirl at the moment. Did this deluded person just say 'I hate being right all the time'?! Or better yet, did he just threaten Valve?!? They may have mental illnesses of varying kinds, but reading about these anti-game activists always makes me laugh! PS: I'm not actually a schoolgirl. I'm a boy.
  • podsaurus - March 19, 2011 11:23 a.m.

Woooow...jack hate being right ALL THE TIME. What a pompous ass.
  • redinsanity - March 19, 2011 11:13 a.m.

wasn't it proven that Seung-Hi Cho didn't play any of the so call "murder simulators" that good old jack keeps referring to?
  • LTS - March 19, 2011 7:48 a.m.

Just two words... Moral Midgets
  • SanosukeEiji - March 19, 2011 5:54 a.m.

For those who say people are entitled to their opinion, that is not true. Only those who are intellectual are entitled an opinion. This man clearly is unfit to have an opinion.
  • Crimmy - March 19, 2011 5:44 a.m.

That idiot. He's always wrong. That snobby attitude needs to go crawl in a corner and die. With Thompson. Besides, it's a mod. Vavle had nothing to do with it. The only thing that it has to do with them is it's using their engine. That's it. Oh, and thanks to anyone that's reading this block of text. /Rant over
  • soranamineforever - March 19, 2011 5:37 a.m.

My question now is: What the fuck is he going to do about it? The letter didn't contain any sort of actual, clear threat. And he's not even an attorney anymore, so he can't do anything (legal), so seriously, what the fuck is he going to do about it?
  • Gob - March 19, 2011 5:07 a.m.

The most disturbing question that comes to my mind is this: What is the Combine doing to the people in that facility to make them so docile? They're clearly not school-students, they're fully grown, AND THEY STILL HAVE THEIR RELOCATION-JUMPSUITS ON. Clear the building used to be a school, but now it's being used for something different, something worse. They just stood there and let themselves be shot down...Population-control virus-testing? Mass docility through forced food or water additives? This clearly isn't a school-shooting simulator; it's a dark, detective-noir Half-Life spin-off game in which the player assumes the role of a mentally unstable test-subject in a Combine experiment, who must find out what's being done to these people in the facility while trying to avoid battles with the guards...and trying to win the battle with his own unstable, murderous psyche. I want it.
  • WikiParazFTW - March 19, 2011 5:02 a.m.

WOW! OH MY GOD, that man is unbearable, i pity whoever might be related to him, he's needs to get a fucking hobby instead of trying to fuck over the industry. I hear fishing season is going to be coming in oon, but knowing him he'll try to threaten the ocean as it is a training aid for murderers by letting them capture and suffocate fish.
  • majrf22 - March 19, 2011 4:38 a.m.

omg, the video is so realistic, this is totally teaching people how to kill each other. for my views on jack thompson watch g4's Jack Thompson was right video (sarcasm) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyDNwjWHqbk