Topics

price drop

• shadedemonic - July 10, 2013 10:08 p.m.

I for one will buy one when games that I want do come out for it like the following Zelda Wii u Smash Bros Wii u Mario Kart Wii u Mega man Wii u And other great games but not enough good games have been released yet all I can say is I know 100% as soon as the new smash bros is out im getting a Wii U
  • Fireninjastar - June 22, 2013 4:01 p.m.

GUYS I GOT I KNOW WHAT WILL SAVE THE WII U! A new, revolutionary, 3D, Free-Roaming Kirby game! Who's with me! ...C'mon! Don't leave me hanging...
  • sharknjar - June 22, 2013 2:53 p.m.

Nintendo needs to take what they did with the demos at Best Buy, and expand it. They should have Wii U demo tents at state fairs. Walmart, Gamestop, Target...anywhere that they can put the system in people's hands to try them out. Put up a WiiU demo station at garage sales if it helps. If the problem is that people need to experience the WiiU, it's Nintendo's job to get those consoles into as many hands as possible. If the customers aren't spreading the word...then you(Nintendo) need to give people a chance to use it for free.
  • talleyXIV - June 21, 2013 5:26 p.m.

It's a great console that may be ignored because people just don't try it. They hear that is has worse graphics than PS4/One and immediately are turned off, the graphics are better level than PS3 and 360, and what does that even matter at this point? Haven't we reached a peak of gaming where graphics can't really get much better and when they do it won't even matter because the difference will be so minuscule? People need to quit judging games by their technical feats and simply by fun and quality, I'll play Super Mario World over some beautiful blunder on the Xbox 999.
  • Unoriginal - June 22, 2013 5:08 a.m.

It's good for the Nintendo exclusives but those have not really started coming out yet. As for the 3rd party ports that have already made it over (Arkham City, Assassins Creed 3) the Wii U versions performed noticeably worse framerate and texture-wise As heard on Giant Bomb. and I think also on Radioradars E3 podcast the cross-generation games also look considerably worse on the Wii U. A console, no matter how great, is eventually only worth as much as the game experiences it provides and Wii U just isn't providing enough unique stuff to justify dropping the cash on it. That may change in the future but as of now it just doesn't make sense unless you have the excess income to drop.
  • Fireninjastar - June 21, 2013 10:10 a.m.

At least Nintendo isn't blaming others on poor marketing/sales.
  • Frieza - June 21, 2013 9:18 a.m.

Hardcore gamers wont by the console because of the hardware and lack of 3rd party support. Nintendo fans wont by the console because of the lack of 1st party games, and games in general. Everyone else wont by the console because they don't know what the fuck it is, or how it deviates from the Wii. In other words, no one is buying the console because it appeals to no one.
  • Fireninjastar - June 21, 2013 9:36 a.m.

It appeals to me. Even I knew that it was different from the Wii when it was first announced.
  • shawksta - June 21, 2013 1:53 p.m.

Nintendo's 3rd party support is very lacking and devs try, atleast Splinter cell and Watch dogs are coming. Though its massive hypocrisy when people suddenly get mad all of a sudden when Nintendo nails a 3rd party exclusive. So it breaks down anyway, I mean for f*cks sake, everybody already played Deus Ex in 2011 yet their still mad that Nintendo gets a revamped version with all the DLC's that square Enix makes it Multi-Platform, the bashing on Rayman and Bayonetta(which is frankly unnessessary since Nintendo was the only one willing to save it) are understandable but Deus Ez is too far
  • Frieza - June 22, 2013 7:25 a.m.

I'm interested on how Watgh Dogs will fare on he WiiU when put up against he versions for the PS4 and the Xbone. I'm sure it will be overshadowed when it comes to sales and attention, but I'm more interested on how the game will look and function. This could be the game that shows the gap between the WiiU and its competitors (if there even is one to begin with). When it comes to Deus Ex, I guess people feel cheated that WiiU users get all if the DLC content for "free", while they had to pay for it? I personally don't understand the logic behind the hate myself since, like to said, the game came out a long time ago.
  • shawksta - June 22, 2013 11:40 a.m.

Ubisoft showed off some neat features on the Wii U splinter Cell, its not detailed what Watch Dogs will get, maybe something similar and I don't think the "Gap" matters, on Multiconsole games sure, but frankly its the features Wii U can add but more importantly, Nintendo Consoles tend to use a consoles tech to its full potential and see what some experimenting can do. Mario Kart 8 for example looks much better than your average PS3/360 racer and first time smash bros was shown on the Wii U version, everything looked like a CGI model. Of course 3rd parties need to try the effort as well, but that falls on special exclusives while Multiplatform games will need to rely more on Features and Miiverse
  • talleyXIV - June 21, 2013 5:21 p.m.

You don't even know which by/bye/buy to use, I don't think you're in position to tell Nintendo why their console won't sell. It definitely appeals to 5 million people who have already bought one even with the current games situation, just think how many people will buy it when you have Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. to boot.
  • Frieza - June 22, 2013 6:52 a.m.

Just because I made an embarrassing typo doesn't mean I don't have the right to voice my opinion. :/
  • david-vaughan - June 21, 2013 9:30 p.m.

The word you meant to use was buy not by. You can spell curse words with no issue, but can't spell a simple three letter word!
  • Frieza - June 22, 2013 6:35 a.m.

You're right. It was a simple error on my part. We all make mistakes, right?
  • Fireninjastar - June 21, 2013 9:16 a.m.

Like the Xbox one and PS4, it DOES have TV and Social Media on it, but it also has great games, is cheaper, and backwards compatible. Keep the price.
  • XNam360 - June 20, 2013 6:03 p.m.

I can't buy a Wii U until they implement an achievements/trophy system. That's the only reason to play video games: To earn achievements & trophies!
  • Fireninjastar - June 21, 2013 9:20 a.m.

You're doing it wrong :/
  • XNam360 - June 21, 2013 9:41 a.m.

If by "You're," you mean Nintendo, then you're right.
  • Fireninjastar - June 21, 2013 10:07 a.m.

I play games for the games. Not achievements. Srsly why