Topics

WTF

• BlackElement17 - August 5, 2010 3:25 a.m.

Interesting. We should start a hoax that Red Dead has a Chupacabra hidden somewhere.
  • philipshaw - August 5, 2010 10:18 a.m.

Never heard of this until now, sounds like a load of crap to me
  • Cosmis - August 6, 2010 4:22 a.m.

Even though it's a hoax, I think whomever created it deserves a job writing something. That last faked message was creepy enough to warrant that sort of a position.
  • kurkosdr - July 11, 2012 9:13 a.m.

"Just last aweek Kotaku posted something on a Pokemon glitch where you could choose a Ghost as a starter (the sprite was the uncloaked ghosts from Lavender Town) and it would actually kill Pokemon. It's a great story, but a lie." tinycartridge[dot]com/post/866743831/super-creepy-pokemon-hack They say it's a bootleg version. As regards the Fallout 3 thing, I think it's worth to look at the sound files.
  • daega-dean - September 8, 2013 5:37 p.m.

Let me break this down so everyone can figure out it is a hoax once and for all. First off you will need of course the pc version of fallout 3, VLC media player, Fallout Mod Manager and Audacity. Open your fallout folder and locate the files sound.bsa voice.bsa and menuvoices.bsa. Extract the files Using Fallout Mod Manager to any file of your choice to have access to every sound file in fallout 3. The only files of interest are the morse code files I found after scrounging every other file for the mysterious numbers files. To be fair I have yet to locate the files of three dog talking about the player on the radio so they may still be there somewhere but I highly doubt it after decoding the morse code. locate ui_radio_beacon_01_lp the files with it in the folder are the morse code. To decode load up the sound file in audacity. Go to effects, change speed, and move the slider to -50.000. You can now see the morse code. The thick line is a line(-) and the thin line is a dot(.). The code is -.-. --.- -.-. --.- Now we take it to a site such as onlineconversion.com/morse_code and decode it. The message says:.............? CQ CQ You will find that all the morse code messages are similar gibberish, sorry but hope I helped
  • xdind - March 18, 2014 9:52 p.m.

Of course, if I were a sadistic game developer, I'd put the creepy easter egg sounds in a different folder as a different file type so that when people look for them in the normal places, they'll never find them, but every now and then, someone will hear one and have no clue what is going on, and nobody will believe them.
  • Ragy - March 27, 2014 3:45 a.m.

YAY! now i dont need to worry with the future anymore! Thanks!
  • Shigeruken - February 20, 2014 1:11 a.m.

All this time and nobody thought to ask them? Well played Mr Towell.
  • GR_JustinTowell - March 19, 2014 9:04 a.m.

4:03 now. Nothing's happened. Guess the universe won't be unraveling some time after Britney wins an Oscar...