Topics

iPad

• flare149 - March 2, 2011 7:02 p.m.

Ok I agree that the 3DS is gimmicky, and I'm definitely not buying one, but it doesn't take an idiot to see how many people are going to jump onto the 3DS bandwagon. As for the NGP, it will be interesting to see after the PSP but I think it will do really well because, honestly, the only real issue people had with it was that it had the one joy stick and by gearing it toward hardcore gamers, and then only providing half the functionality of a regular controller, it shot itself in the foot. The other thing this guy doesn't realize is that so many people who use the iPhone/iTouch are using that to get into gaming, and as they learn that the controls and depth to the system are weak they're going to search for something more capable
  • ricochetguro - March 2, 2011 7:01 p.m.

This man obviously has no idea why gamers play true gaming handhelds(3ds,ngp, etc)
  • 510BrotherPanda - March 2, 2011 7:01 p.m.

Sure, iOS applications have been seeing moderate increases in sales, but I think people still have a nostalgia itch that only Nintendo (or even Sony) could scratch. The iOS stuff may be fun and addictive, but I personally think that the more dedicated platforms have longer "heart" staying power.
  • Sharkbot - March 2, 2011 6:59 p.m.

@spartan no kidding I fucking hate Mac users that don't recognize PCs as being the best computer. "Oh Macs are so much better!" Bullshit my PC boots to the start menu in 27 seconds ready with steam and to play any game i desire. Now let me ask you this Macs, Can you right click? Oh, didn't think so. What happens if you need an upgrade? Is that another $1200 i hear coming from your bank account? Oh sorry I just had to spend $500 for an i7
  • CoryM1134 - March 2, 2011 6:58 p.m.

The iPhone and iPad don't have buttons. Why don't people understand why this is important? Most things just don't work as well solely with a touchscreen interface.
  • therawski - March 2, 2011 6:54 p.m.

This guy is probably who you should watch out for, he's the reason games are becoming more and more junk aimed at people who don't know what a good quality game really is. Even if nintendo/squarenix/capcom/etc. keep selling me the same game it's the same good game.
  • db1331 - March 2, 2011 6:42 p.m.

“I think PSP is done and the new [NGP] is dead on arrival" Probably "free applications that are really high quality" No. If they were indeed high quality, they would command payment. "I think Nintendo will likely be competitive. My personal opinion is that the 3D piece of the puzzle is kind of gimmicky" My LCD just shattered under the tremendous weight of the irony of an iPhone dev calling another platform gimmicky. Also, you THINK Nintendo will be competitive? Their 3D update of a 13(?) year old game will probably sell a million copies. Who is this guy anyways? "Rolando and We Farm" Oh, nobody.
  • Sharkbot - March 2, 2011 6:33 p.m.

Lol idiot, he obviously didn't consider Pokemon or the new Super Mario Bros game that will obviously come out. That will sell faster than chocolate on valentines day.