Topics

Week of Love

• BladedFalcon - April 14, 2012 8:31 a.m.

Cool, here's hoping you guys can make it as interesting as the week of HATE! Also, ironically, you guys DO realize that updating that top 100 games list is gonna (re)generate a LOT of hate, right? :P
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 14, 2012 10:49 a.m.

That's why it'll lead from one to the other really well!
  • BladedFalcon - April 14, 2012 12:05 p.m.

Heh, good point XD By the way... Hey Cooper, you're not mysteriously leaving GR anytime soon, are you? >> You're pretty much the only guy left here that I really like ^^;
  • NEPAL - April 14, 2012 10:18 p.m.

What about the UK editors?
  • BladedFalcon - April 15, 2012 5:50 a.m.

Meh, Cundy's more a clown than he is a gamer. (And even when he DOES talk somewhat seriously about a game, either he's crap at it, dismisses it because it's not his type of gameplay, or fails to take most of their narratives with any kind of respect.) Towell's a cool man but his Sega Fanboyism shines way too often. And Dave's a man with a lot of interesting, often good opinions, but it's just as likely to jam his foot on his mouth when raging about something. Basically, I like them well enough, but they wouldn't be enough of a reason for me to stay in the site, honestly.
  • Redeater - April 15, 2012 9:04 a.m.

To be fair most of the old T'dar crew were pretty guilty of talking about a lot about games when it seemed pretty obvious their experience came from previews or only finishing the game halfway. I know Chris was especially bad for this. Alright that is enough of that. It isn't even the week of hate yet. On the positive side I still love and miss the hell out of T'dar and if it wasn't for them I would have easily passed on some of my most beloved games!Shadows of the Damned, Enslaved, Saint's Row 3 and damn near my whole wii collection! I will agree that Coop is awesome though. He seems like one of the few people that actually responds to posts and I always find his articles hilarious. If he leaves it is going to be a dark day for this site!
  • BladedFalcon - April 15, 2012 11:08 a.m.

Yeah... Then again i have never taken Chris too seriously either. Basically, the ones I've always liked are Brett, Mikel and Cooper. Even when I disagree when their opinions, they usually tend to back them up better than the others. And sorry... I honestly wasn't saying all this out of hate or anything XD I'm mostly saying all this because I'm honestly sad of all the guys that have left... I mean, look at exactly one year ago, and pretty much everyone that USED to work here save for Henry are now gone.(Fuck, even the "Boss" Erick Bratcher is gone.)And while I don't dislike any of the new people, save from Cooper, no one's made a big enough impression for me to feel like the place's as great as ever. And I want to think I HAVE been tolerant of the changes and layouts that have happened so far.
  • shawksta - April 15, 2012 9:24 a.m.

"And Dave's a man with a lot of interesting, often good opinions, but it's just as likely to jam his foot on his mouth when raging about something." That pretty much sums up everything about Dave, but thats why i love the guy XD
  • BladedFalcon - April 15, 2012 11:10 a.m.

Well yeah... but to me, that makes me prone to hate him just as much as I sometimes like him. XD
  • shawksta - April 15, 2012 2:20 p.m.

EXACTLY
  • lilbuddha - April 15, 2012 7:39 a.m.

They'll throw ME3 somewhere into the top 25ish, and the same arguments we've been having for weeks will just be reignited.
  • BladedFalcon - April 15, 2012 11:02 a.m.

Not so sure they'll replace ME2 with ME3, because even with the rave reviews. i think the general consensus is that ME2 is overall the better game. And they don't put several games of the same franchise unless they are significantly different from each other.
  • J-Fid - April 14, 2012 8:04 a.m.

Was not expecting this...
  • jackthemenace - April 14, 2012 6:40 a.m.

MetroidPrimeRib's going to HATE this.
  • ncurry2 - April 14, 2012 7:01 a.m.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing if I recognize who you're talking about? Perhaps I spend too much time on this website...
  • Dadyo238 - April 14, 2012 3:27 p.m.

No, it's just that MetroidPrimeRib is the troll of trolls. I would be surprised if you DIDN'T know who he is.
  • Redeater - April 14, 2012 8:40 a.m.

Alright that made me laugh.
  • shawksta - April 15, 2012 9:22 a.m.

Dont forget about the guy who kept changing usernames because he kept banned. You know: -This -Guy
  • Redeater - April 15, 2012 9:52 a.m.

LOL! I know EXACTLY who you are talking about! Damn this site sure seems to be dying these days. Seems like there is a very high turnover rate for editors lately. As for the people posting comments I think there is only about 20 people who post regularly. Damnit GR!Don't make me turn to 1up,Kotaku or god forbid IGN!
  • Net_Bastard - April 15, 2012 2:40 p.m.

RockPaperShotgun only does PC games, but they're still amazing. Their writing style is like old-school GR. I don't know of any multiplatform site like them sadly.
  • jackthemenace - April 15, 2012 10:31 a.m.

Oh, yes. HIM. I don't remember his current iteration, but I'll never forget the first time I encountered the troll that went by the name 'F*CK'.
  • shawksta - April 15, 2012 2:22 p.m.

Its Capn Grammer Cracker, but you'll know when he's commented
  • Net_Bastard - April 15, 2012 2:38 p.m.

And db1331. Unless you mention SSX 2012 somewhere. He loves that game a lot. (Actually, if box artists would put "db1331 liked it!" on the back, then I'm guessing their game sales would increase twofold)
  • shawksta - April 15, 2012 7:48 p.m.

Thats only true to a certain degree, because db1331 is atleast tolerable and knows what he's saying.
  • BladedFalcon - April 15, 2012 8:38 p.m.

Unless it's console vs PC-related, otherwise his fanboyism really starts to shine...