Topics

publisher sale THQ

• zackaria-william-lachance - February 9, 2013 8:42 a.m.

well the title for the next wwe game is wwe 2k14. yup take two picked it up.
  • Chaoscoolperson - January 28, 2013 7:35 a.m.

I don't know why but Square Enix getting Saints Row just seems... wrong. I don't think they could pull it off. What comes to mind when I think of them is Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, not hilariously over the top third person shooter in open world setting.
  • Fuzunga - January 16, 2013 12:25 p.m.

2K gets everything, all is right in the world.
  • Pruman - January 16, 2013 11:25 a.m.

I would like for Relic to remain in busines as either a separate company or division of one of the big boys, because they're that rare developer like Platinum whose games are both wildly experimental and of amazing quality. I have followed these guys since Homeworld, and although I skipped Impossible Creatures and The Outfit, and Company of Heroes doesn't really do that much for me (I was already sick of WWII games by the time it came out, and I feel like it needlessly complicated Dawn of War's straightforward capture point system), I look forward to every one of their releases with anticipation.
  • DragonLord23 - January 16, 2013 9:56 a.m.

January 22nd will be a very interesting day.
  • andy-liu - January 16, 2013 6:50 a.m.

No no no no no no giving company of heroes to EA is like giving putting gold in dog shit how many more titles does EA needs to ruin before we see that this joke of a company is nothing but a piece of shit
  • fatguy19 - January 16, 2013 4:13 a.m.

Im just going to state the obvious here. Take two should pick up Saints Row. Think about it at the moment GTA fans are split at the moment into two camps. Those that think GTA should be serious and mature like GTA 4 and those that prefer the zany and OTT nature of San Andreas. Well if Rockstar worked on both IPs fans could get both. GTA could be used to continue the vein of GTA 4 and saints row could be used to make games like San Andreas and The Ballard Of Gay Tony. That way everybody wins.
  • Tjwoods18 - January 15, 2013 9:37 p.m.

I would think that Bethesda could serve the Metro series better than take 2
  • Jacko415 - January 18, 2013 2:59 a.m.

• Hobbitking17 - January 15, 2013 5:32 p.m.

For all those saying things about Warhammer 40k, I would think that wouldn't be under the hammer as Games Workshop would have the final say in who gets it not THQ.
  • optimisticcynic - January 15, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Why not another supreme commander Game? More like the first one rather then the second one with levels that are bigger then any other RTS I have ever seen where and there are multiple battles going on at the same time with more units in each battle then most other games have on the entire map.
  • Hobbitking17 - January 15, 2013 4:53 p.m.

EA has already destroyed one RTS franchise, don't let them destroy another. Also if not Capcom with Darksiders I'd like to see Warner Bros. get it because of the Batman games.
  • Viron - January 15, 2013 2:55 p.m.

If EA gets a hold of CoH I will cry tears of blood. They've ruined Generals and ran C&C into the ground. I'd rather they just stick to their annual releases of BF so I can continue to avoid giving them money.
  • DoomedSheep - January 16, 2013 6:49 a.m.

Annual? Battlefield 3 was released in 2011, and the next one is not supposed to come out until late this year. Before, they may have been annual, but people sure as hell enjoyed them.
  • Jacko415 - January 18, 2013 3:01 a.m.

They're substituting it every other year with a poorly made clone (MoH) so people don't catch on.
  • Victor Fenix - December 24, 2012 4:49 p.m.

For Homefront, it would be more of a ZeniMax pick-up. For one, Take Two already has enough controversy to deal with concerning GTA. Second, 2K already may have similar games to that. Third, ZeniMax can revive near-dead franchises with great success (such as Fallout 3 and New Vegas and hopefully Prey 2, which the first game did fine) (For specific military based shooters: Activision with Call of Duty, EA with Battlefield, and Take Two with its numerous FPS franchises, so having Zenimax have Homefront would be better than Take Two getting that.). For Saints Row, I agree with HitmanSB07 because they already have Kane & Lynch, so it would probably be either an EA pickup or a ZeniMax Pickup.
  • RedOutlive10 - January 19, 2012 10:45 a.m.

Zuffa wants nothing to do with EA. If they get their hands on THQ, you can forget the next sequel of UFC Undisputed, at least under the EA banner.
  • SirManguydude - January 16, 2012 8:54 p.m.

Square Enix does have an Open World franchise, Just Cause. The first one was terrible, but the second one is pretty fun. Though, they would have to bring on the Saints Row team as well.
  • Fuzunga - January 16, 2012 11:49 a.m.

T2 should buy the whole company.