• InFeRnOg - January 5, 2012 1:34 p.m.

The fact you're all commenting on it means it was a marketing success.
  • flabslapper - January 5, 2012 2:20 p.m.

No, a marketing success would mean that we buy it too, sure there's no such thing as bad publicity, but people actually have to buy this game and as of right now this put me off on buying it
  • BladedFalcon - January 5, 2012 2:25 p.m.

Not really, only if we actually buy it or pass the word around to others outside this article, neither of which I will do.
  • ThisIsMyFuckingThirdAccount - January 5, 2012 1:16 p.m.

Man, I don't know if it's just me, but those are entirely unattractive. There's no way those things wouldn't sink to the ground without support. Anything more than a handful's a waste.
  • Manguy17 - January 5, 2012 1:16 p.m.

pre ordered =)
  • feeheelee - January 5, 2012 1:12 p.m.

Yes it can be seen as distasteful (if you're a girl) and while the female gaming community has grown it's still predominately a male focused environment and especially within this genre. But beyond that try to focus (haters) on the marketing genius, no not just that it's aim a horny boys looking for a cheap thrill, it's Soul Caliber V, the plunge in her cleavage is the V! GENIUS!!
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - January 5, 2012 1:08 p.m.

Ugh. Back in the days of Soul Blade/Edge and the first Soul Calibur, this was one of my favorite series. I'm sad to see that it's devolved to this. Between the cinematics ridden with shitty anime cliches and a story that hasn't actually evolved since Soul Calibur 1 (Nightmare and Siegfried still?!), this series really lost the (for the lack of a better word) soul that made it my favorite fighting series. The pervy female designs and advertisements only drive the nail in the coffin for me.
  • Mamudo - January 5, 2012 1:06 p.m.

I love Soul Calibur. Big Fan. But c'mon guys this is not the best way to sell your game as a competitive fighter.
  • CitizenWolfie - January 5, 2012 12:53 p.m.

I see they've decided to take the Ken Levine route...
  • marioman50 - January 5, 2012 1 p.m.

lol, you're funny
  • flabslapper - January 5, 2012 12:25 p.m.

Well I've lost any respect I was starting to gain for SC again And to think that "I'm a Fighter" DOA5 ad is actually tasteful, the game that had a ONE HANDED MODE on the PSP has a more tasteful advert than a game about souls and swords eternally retold. Screw this game
  • angelusdlion - January 5, 2012 12:20 p.m.

Your comment on the still picture made me laugh so hard i choked... well played Gamesradar.
  • Redeater - January 5, 2012 12:17 p.m.

You know how to sell SoulCalibur? Make Monkey and Trip playable characters. INSTANT BUY!!!
  • Cyberninja - January 5, 2012 12:58 p.m.

well you know their a character creator so you can create something really close and also if monkey and trip would have been more popular then they would be in the game and not ezio
  • Primed - January 5, 2012 2:55 p.m.

most definitely.. I'd buy something if Monkey or Trip showed up in a guest appearance.
  • shawksta - January 5, 2012 12:14 p.m.

SCV is no doubt gonna be awesome, even if thats Japan, its a shamefull way to sell a game, Its not Catherine afterall. Do an add about special console exclusive characters like Soul Calibur 2, then we'll talk.
  • inkyspot - January 5, 2012 11:56 a.m.

I know a girl with breast like that, I have a big head and her breast are almost as big, they defy gravity. Digital tits won't sell this game to me, but I am interesting in this game.
  • Net_Bastard - January 5, 2012 11:49 a.m.

Forget the tits. I'm really questioning the outfit Ivy has on. Did she ever wear anything like that in the games?
  • Robx - January 5, 2012 11:48 a.m.

well, seeing this thing posted here at GR means their marketing strategy was successful!
  • ImperiousRix - January 5, 2012 11:47 a.m.

Sure have been a lot of boobs in the news lately. Not that I disapprove just... ya know. Thought it was worth pointing out.