• JimmySmurf - March 14, 2009 4:30 a.m.

*Feels proud for being an avid Abel, Fei Long, and Vega player* God it pisses me off when an opponent actually waits for me to pick my character. For example, when they hover over someone like C.Viper until I pick Fei Long and then they jump over to Guile or Balrog.
  • IKON - March 13, 2009 10:25 p.m.

Hilarious. There should be top tips for all online games. :D
  • jesusfrk15 - March 13, 2009 9:43 p.m.

good article, but i dont necissarily agree with numbers 8 and 9. it is your fault if you let your guard down.
  • Ravenbom - March 13, 2009 6:41 p.m.

I agree with the GRDavidHoughton comment, once you go to a stick, you can't ever go back. I just broke down and forked over some credit card debt on a card I just finished paying off for a stick and I don't regret it one bit. There's just no comparing the two. I think my Blanka and Honda had gone as far as they could go without a stick. I will admit I was doing OK once I stopped trying to use the 360 Dpad and started using the thumb stick though.
  • CannonSpike - March 13, 2009 6:31 p.m.

omfg THANK YOU for mentioning the Ken thing...seriously!!! And when it's not Ken, it's Akuma. Thank God Cammy destroys shoto users or it would really piss me off. Spinning knuckle through fireballs FTW!!
  • Awesomeitude1523 - March 13, 2009 11:41 a.m.

@lord of ultima. I'm gonna staple the throw buttons to your fingers. Will that satisfy you? You and your innecessant throwing tactics? @GR Carolyn Gudmundson Correct Answer: Dhalsim or Cammy Recaptcha: BrrkthoCon Truck (Huh?)
  • Poot_evans - March 13, 2009 11:35 a.m.

Is throwing cheap if you use a player like Zangief, where most of his moves are throws? I tried to mix up my moves when I used him but there are limits to what he can do. The 360 controller is rubbish - it severely limited who I could play as competently. Although it could be that I'm just terribly skilled. I also ended up doing moves that I wasn't intending too because of it - it probably looked like spamming to those I was playing. The achievements encourage things like 1 round 30 second games - getting all of the medals, winning battles (consecutive and total number), number of ultimate finishes, etc. I don't understand the displaying the player icon thing. It really helps spot the noobs and will be manipulated by those that are choosing who to play. I'll admit taht I was always drawn to those that look like new players so that I have a chance. I respected the odd player teaching me a lesson by having the blank icons. If I wanted to host a game, I often changed my icons to some of the earlier ones, so that I would have more chance of getting a game quickly. I figured there were idiots like me all over the world who were doing the same. I guess my point is that the design of the game encourages a lot of this 'jerk' behaviour. I only rented the game for a week and I'm done with it now - so don't worry, you won't be having to play me again.
  • GreyGhost - March 13, 2009 11:07 a.m.

@Shifty1001, Wow, that's pretty friggen funny since I have never even played an online match ... Grow a pair and fight, learn to defend as well as attack ... I never said throws weren't cheap, I said it's a part of the game ... Most of the items in the list is just people being jerks, tactics that are IN the game is something else ... I really find it funny that people think everyone has to fight "with honor" ... Riiiiight ... There's no 'Bushido' in Street Fighter ...
  • astroPastel - March 13, 2009 9:59 a.m.

how not to be a webmaster jerk: don't put up adverts that slap a big flash box in the middle of the screen requiring you to close it before continuing to read the webpage.
  • solidslayerr - March 13, 2009 6:31 a.m.

Oh yes, I play Fei Long, Sakura, AND Dhalsim, I am the win on this one.
  • Shifty1001 - March 13, 2009 5:34 a.m.

@ GreyGhost: People like you are the worst in any and all online games. Far, far worse than those who know what they're doing is pure bologna. Something being in the game does not stop it from being cheap. The Spam-Throw is the new CoD4 Martyrdom. Anything that takes a grand total of ZERO skill to use (*cough cough* Martyrdom *cough*), but gives you an advantage is, by very definition, cheap. And anyone that claims that Martyrdom isn't cheap either hasn't thought about it enough or relies upon it. Anyway, back to Street Fighter. Fun game, though I'd call myself merely average at it. Though I do tend to run into a lot of these same people. I must say, yes, it is QUITE annoying.
  • Rockman - March 13, 2009 3:46 a.m.

@AzRedsk1n The d-pad is awful. The game is still very playable, but you'll need to get used to jumping when you don't want to and some moves not being as responsive as you'd like (ESPECIALLY when using charge characters). @Elbo444 You think her thighs are big here, but have you ever seen the art for SFIII Third Strike? This is a definite improvement in my opinion. reCAPTCHA = Prouty recognized (huh?)
  • Ravenbom - March 13, 2009 3:12 a.m.

"It’s like snaking in Mario Kart – yes it’s TECHNICALLY part of the game and not cheating, but rest assured if I find you I will punch your stupid hands." QTF. @Brett... what system? I'd be down for a SFIV tourney, but I have it on the 360.
  • Kruiser - March 13, 2009 12:22 a.m.

Seeing all the comments from Gamesradar staff on this article gives me an idea; you guys should host some sort of competition where eager SF players can get a chance to compete against the staff. (I promise I won't pick Ken) Or are you just a bunch of wethers?
  • GR_DavidHoughton - March 13, 2009 midnight

Diamondis: Sounds like you're doing good work to me. Keep it up sir. I love how intelligent play gets called cheap by the sort of people who keep walking into it.
  • Elbo444 - March 12, 2009 11:41 p.m.

CHUN LI FTW, except that in SFIV her thighs are disgustingly huge, she still kicks ass though
  • Rockman - March 12, 2009 10:06 p.m.

lol, Ken. Every other fight... I however will play solely as Vega, Guile, and DAN! Also, I got my ass handed to me by the one Dhalsim player I'd ever seen... that was humiliating. However, I destroyed a Bison player with Dan, so it made me feel better. Lol. reCAPTCHA = $12.4-billion Warfield
  • CoD_22 - March 12, 2009 6:24 p.m.

ok what is snaking in mario kart? i get what you mean i just dunno what snaking is. also, ive never played sf is it good? i would assume it is from the score except that killzone 2 only got a 9 and mgs4 got a 10 except its shit. im so glad i played the demo of that first
  • MercurysPhoenix - March 12, 2009 6:08 p.m.

People who wait to see which character you pick annoy me SO much. I pick with conviction *salutes*
  • AuthorityFigure - August 11, 2009 8:37 a.m.

Yep. Throwing sux.