• vinicusg.t.guedes - April 30, 2010 2:39 p.m.

A recent game that made me feel "morally uncomfortable" was Demon's Souls, using all the knoledge I got from the game, making a new low level character with one of the best weapons in the game, and then screwing with other newbies games (by invading their world and killing them with 1 or 2 hits) while they were just looking for some help felt so wrong but was so much fun at the same time. It made me question myself if it was right to have fun by messing with someone else's day.
  • Adman - April 30, 2010 2:39 p.m.

My answer is no. This has not been a marquee first post.
  • drewbian - April 30, 2010 2:38 p.m.

man the guilt trip from monster hunter tri is unbelievable haha. the most obscure thing i can think of was when playing max payne you hear some guards talk about films, and one of them really knows his stuff and seems like a cool guy i could have got along with, but alas had to go chow yun fat up in his shit but i still felt really bad about him
  • Matt Cundy - April 30, 2010 2:36 p.m.

I've always found killing the colossi in SOTC such a battle that nothing pleases me more than seeing them collapse to the ground. I never felt like a bastard playing that game. Weird.
  • db1331 - April 30, 2010 2:30 p.m.

When I played BioShock for the first time I killed/harvested every little sister I came across without blinking because I wanted to get maximum Adam. Then after the plot twist when you wake up in the nursery with all the little sisters playing around you, I felt a little bad about what I did. Bad enough to rescue the rest of the girls from that point on.
  • MisterAdequate - April 30, 2010 2:28 p.m.

Shadow of the Colossus is the obvious answer. Some of them I wasn't bothered about, but some of them - especially the huge, lumbering ones - I really felt guilty about killing. Also GTA IV. I was on one of the usual insane killing sprees and I had blasted some young man in the legs with a shotgun. I dealt with a couple of cops and turned to see him limping away, and just as I raised my gun he said "I've got a wife and kids!" with such earnestness that I couldn't do it. I let him go. I don't know why but something about the way he said it put into my mind this image of a happy young family about to be irrevocably destroyed by a meaningless act of psychopathic violence. And I didn't want to do that. I stopped playing it for the day.
  • Fiirestorm21 - April 30, 2010 2:28 p.m.

Yeah, playing Oblivion and Fallout 3, sometimes my conscience would really ping me. I remember one time, I can't remember why now, I shot Moira in Fallotu 3 in the face and immediately felt horrible about the murder and had to reload a saved game. (Thank God for auto-save.) I also killed the beggar outside Megaton to put him out of his misery. In a bit of an ironic reverse, in Oblivion I've never felt comfortable stealing from the poor people in the game whereas I'd be perfectly fine doing so to the more well-off citizens of Tamriel. Probably because I've observed there's actually a system in there where they can go hungry enough to steal and get caught by guards, wherein they are unable to pay their fine. I just felt bad for them. Shadow of the Colossus is one game that I hear everyone quoting a lot when they talk about this subject but I personally never had any qualms about it. I reasoned that I was saving my girlfriend and these beasts were standing in my way, so why not? However in BioShock I would feel uncomfortable over a similar circumstance, not with Little Sisters themselves, but with Big Daddies. Even in the first game that parental relationship was pretty well established, and every time I would do battle with one and kill it, I'd feel bad as I watch the Little Sister weeping over his body and saying sad pathetic things like "Wake up Mr. Bubbles...wake up..."
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - April 30, 2010 2:24 p.m.

Actually just right now when I was watching MGS4's final fist fight