• MechGyver - June 16, 2009 12:53 p.m.

There´s a good chance that G-Man is Shephard and therefore is mixed emotions towards Gordon( Shephard was supose to eliminate the scientists but maybe built some esteem for Gordon´s survival skills)Besides the time traveling and time suspention corroborates the multiple teleportions Gordon does in the beginning of Half-Life 1 right after the incident. Maybe Gordon was set up by G-Man to take out the ones that are controling the time and space ditortions and therefore release G-Man from its owners. Whatch out with the resonance cascade of my theory.
  • jaffa_5 - June 16, 2009 12:04 p.m.

i cant wait for this i just hope it comes to us valve hungry ps3 owners
  • Vagrant - June 16, 2009 9:45 a.m.

I think Valve pretty much cut all ties to the Half-Life 1 expansion packs. (even though Opposing Force was more fun than their own game) So there's supposed to be no chance of seeing Shephard. Not that I care. Because ugh...Half-Life's plot is a bunch of vague unexplained and unatisfying nonsense that will probably never conclude. It's more hollow and pointless to follow than Lost.
  • Dill - July 5, 2009 6:52 p.m.

@nadrewod999: Are you a retarded person? Portal is a side-story to the Half-life series. Haven't you seen the constant signs in Half-life 2 that Aperture Science is Black Mesa's evil twin? Fuck you and your childish temper.
  • Smeggs - July 2, 2009 4:57 a.m.

Shepard will definitley show up again, doesn't anyone remember the easter egg in one of the Portal menu screens? the computer keyboards keys were lit up and spelt out "Adrian Shepard"
  • GR_DavidHoughton - June 19, 2009 10:37 a.m.

nadrewod999: Seeing Gordon in an unconnected, out-of-game context like this and BEING Gordon when immersed in the massively vibrant and detailed world of Half-Life 2 are two very different experiences and mindsets. That's why we feel okay showing production art, but would never want to see him in-game. Nice reactor, BTW. Very solid work.
  • magicwalnuts0 - June 18, 2009 9:31 p.m.

So lets see what we have here. The Portal testing grounds as the Borealis and the G Man as an underling in some game of gods are both extremely good theories. I think you might have popped Valves big secret bubble (not that big it just takes years for Valve to make their HL games) with the G Man one. Only one troll managed to sneak his way in, maybe got tired of playing his favorite game that also starts with an H. Which is good. Also @lovinmyps3 this will most certainly not turn into a Duke Nukem Forever scenario. If HL2 didn't sink into the abyss of never seeing the light of day, none of Valve's HL titles will do the same. Also Portal is a Half Life game TF2 is not a Half Life game L4D is not a Half Life game but Portal is most certainly set in the Half Life universe.
  • nadrewod999 - June 18, 2009 2:58 p.m.

Hey, I have a question for GamesRadar: If you think that players CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT GORDON IN GAME TO KEEP UP THIS "BOND" WITH THE PROTAGONIST, WHY ARE YOU SHOWING ALL KINDS OF CONCEPT ART THAT SHOWS FREEMAN'S APPEARANCE BETTER THAN AN IN-GAME CHARACTER MODEL WOULD? Give me a believable reason for that, and I will show you my cold fusion reactor made from three common household items.
  • Dill - June 18, 2009 12:07 a.m.

I didn't even realize Barney wasn't in this latest game. Huh. Well anyways, I like the ideas here... Dr. Kleiner as a final boss, building a super-HEV suit for himself. That would be bad ass.
  • Rorschach94 - June 17, 2009 11:36 p.m.

maybe Valve really wants to milke the cow that is Half-Life until its nipples fall off.
  • disturbedanomaly36 - June 17, 2009 10:13 p.m.

so, whats up with the fucking timer? it says i posted my comment 11months and 30 days ago
  • disturbedanomaly36 - June 17, 2009 10:11 p.m.

oh god, if kliener turns evil and goes as far as replacing breen from HL2, it wont be a challange at all to turn the Combine into an extinct species. im surprised you guys didnt put Chell at the same level as Adrian Shepard, i actualy found her to be my third favorite HL character, second G-Man and first being the Companion Cube
  • MrGreed - June 17, 2009 9 p.m.

@DRILLERDUD Taking your time to make a game is one thing, but this is getting a little ridiculous. I mean, Half-Life 2 came out 5 years ago and we were promised new chapters every year. Either way, i'll still nerdgasm when it comes out. Great article GR.
  • Counternub - June 17, 2009 4:19 p.m.

WHAT ABOUT BARNEY? WE DIDNT SEE HIM IN EP. 2 WE WANT BARNEY! WE WANT BARNEY! WE WANT BARNEY! WE WANT BARNEY!
  • xXHaloKillerXx - June 17, 2009 1:41 p.m.

Half Life sucks anyway so i dont care!!!!!
  • smallberry - June 17, 2009 5:30 a.m.

The fact that this article is out tells me that there is some Episode 3 news coming soon. Just a hunch. I remember when I first came to the conclusion that G-Man could possibly be Gordon. I thought I was the cleverest person in the world. Until I went online and saw that people have been talking about it for years.
  • TheWebSwinger - June 17, 2009 4:59 a.m.

Christ, I forgot how much I wanted to play Episode 3. I, too, don't think that portals will play a major role in gameplay, but perhaps they'll be used Prey-style?
  • MechGyver - June 17, 2009 3:31 a.m.

Plot aside, one thing is certain, Episode Three will ,without doubt, ad a new twist to the gameplay like Ep.One introduced an IA partner and Ep.Two introduced a more non-linear progress. Maybe there´s where Chell comes in......portals gameplay anyone?
  • GigantoBear - June 17, 2009 12:16 a.m.

Great article, I almost forgot about Adrian Shepard.I wonder if any of characters from Decay will make an appearance? @Rad_Bracket:The facility definately isnt the Borealis since you end up on the surface at the end of Portal.
  • yoreAtowel - June 16, 2009 11:07 p.m.

CURRIE FTW. But i think that much about the g-man could be presumed. Also i dont think any of us will see hl:ep3 any time soon, infact im pretty sure valve will come out with L4D 9 (the hand is missing one thumb) before any gordon anticts.