• Lionzest7 - November 30, 2010 2:42 p.m.

@Chevapravatdumrong EA didn't make mass effect 2, they just published it. DICE is a division of EA so naturally that is in house. Steep learning curve? I fail to see mirrors edge as steep. I bought the game first week it came out and had no real difficulty with it. Some areas where I was stuck for a few tries, but that was it. Also I can't really imagine where mirrors leaves room for MP. Game is great, please only alter things positively to improve the SP, instead of wasting resources on a weeklong multiplayer. Bring people in with amazing parkour abilities, not some shitty short term multi.
  • oryandymackie - November 30, 2010 2:24 p.m.

COOKIE MONSTER WANT...multiplayer?
  • EnragedTortoise1 - November 30, 2010 2:17 p.m.

I want Mirror's Edge 2. I don't want MP. Unless they can think of some brilliant, genius way of pulling it off, no way José.
  • lovinmyps3 - November 30, 2010 1:29 p.m.

Damn it EA! I was gaining respect for you because you were publishing thing like Mirror's Edge, which I also love (LOVE!!). Not every game needs multiplayer! I'm sick of it being tacked on to every game just so a publisher can squeeze a bit more money out of it! Some of my favorite games have no multiplayer and all of my favorites I love because if the single player, not the multiplayer. Now just make Mirror's Edge 2 damn it!
  • EsotericFerret - November 30, 2010 1:24 p.m.

This is what is wrong with game companies now. “It made money for us, but didn't hit expectations." What's wrong with the company just making some money off a game? Why does every game have to be a smash hit? Just keep making good games and as long as you're not losing money on them, I don't see what the problem is.
  • Clovin64 - November 30, 2010 1:18 p.m.

No! you can't just add a bloody pointless multiplayer mode in order to boost sales! And how the hell does lack of multiplayer count as a crticicism of Dead Space and Mirrors Edge? Foolishness I say!
  • Snowyjoe - November 30, 2010 1:11 p.m.

Sorry for double posting but i must post this! Both games are amazing!!! The story in Dead Space is brilliantly told, it's not handed to you in a silver platter like all the other games or movies, and the story itself isn't as simple as well, which was great!!!!! And I must say... i fell in love with Faith the same way i fell in love with April Ryan XD
  • Unoriginal - November 30, 2010 1:09 p.m.

These 2 + uncharted are the best new IP's of this generation. This man is out of his mind!
  • Snowyjoe - November 30, 2010 1:08 p.m.

Omg, he's just talking about how much money the games made, and how multiplayer can make them sell even more.... he's probably thinking about releasing DLC after DLC after release when they put in a multiplayer mode in Dead Space 2.... How can you run one of the world's biggest game production companies if you don't like games??!?
  • JMAN1156 - November 30, 2010 1:01 p.m.

I loved both Mirrors Edge and Dead Space, but I do agree with the multiplayer comment on Mirrors Edge. I beat Mirror's Edge and felt like I never had to touch it again. It would have been amazing if that incorporated that free running into multiplayer. P.S. I didn't think Mirrors Edge's Learning curve was to hard, I had no problems with it.
  • Ninjadmin - November 30, 2010 12:46 p.m.

Neither needed MP & they dont bloody need it now! Im fucking sick of multiplayer being the be all of games now. Bet they just want more easy money from Project 10 dollar really. & for the record, both Dead Space & Mirrors Edge are brilliant.
  • IsaacFenix - November 30, 2010 12:45 p.m.

I agree with alanpartridge_ahaaa, Mr. Gibeau appears to have the mindset of "Multiplayer makes everything better." I really enjoyed both Dead Space and Mirror's Edge, they were both solid single-player games with much individual charm. I don't think it's necessary to shoe-horn mulitplayer into every game just because it's the current gaming fad.
  • NightCrawler_358 - November 30, 2010 12:43 p.m.

He's just a money grabber. EA's games are fine, for the most part.
  • Chevapravatdumrong - November 30, 2010 12:31 p.m.

One could argue Mass Effect 2 selling less than 3 million on 2 systems was a dissapointment sales wise, despite it's great reviews and quality it had to have cost alot.
  • alanpartridge_ahaaa - November 30, 2010 12:27 p.m.

This is why EA suck. its got people like Frank Gibeau heading up the corporation who are clearly NOT gamers. This guy doesnt even realise no-one wants a multiplayer for these games. But he doesnt ask his customers because his head is so far up in his own...