• Neotepen5 - April 23, 2009 12:25 a.m.

4 sum reason it only makes a loud noise when im playin cod 4...odd
  • Jedipimp0712 - April 23, 2009 12:13 a.m.

good question, but what i want to know is why does microsoft use a points based system for purchasing things? id rather not since im left with only 40 points from the castle crashers king pack, and nothing on LIVE is 40 points, not even a picture pack. I would also like to know why there is not an online browser (they did make internet explorer, even though i use mozilla). and there should be a better music player, can't even fast forward during the songs that have a "secret song" at the end.
  • jesusfrk15 - April 22, 2009 11:17 p.m.

i've really never cared in the least bit about the 360's running noise
  • Wesker1990 - April 22, 2009 10:35 p.m.

I want to know why microsoft have still not stopped the red ring of death i love my 360 but its my 6th one some people have been worse off and had theres repaired by microsoft and when they get them back they break right away i know microsoft have done alot to stop it from occuring but it should not have occured in the first place plus wats this bs concerning vip membership on xbox live i thought they all ready had enough of my money and all u get from this vip membership is better servers and connection i should already be getting that now let alone paying more for it oh yeah u also have the added fun of being able to invite silver members to your games wow no one has silver membership cause u can't do jack shit with it its like giving a blind man a copy of playboy fn pointless now ive got thast out of my system gd job microsoft
  • garnsr - April 22, 2009 10:13 p.m.

I have a Jasper system, I believe, and have only run games off of the HDD, and mine isn't noisy, and doesn't get hot, that I've noticed. I've never noticed any noise while watching Netflix, either.
  • cart00n - April 22, 2009 9:42 p.m.

My understanding of the Halo thing is that it takes place during BOTH the Halo 2 and 3 campaigns, so why not just call it Halo: ODST? And while the 360 is NOTICEABLY quieter when a game is being read off of the HDD, it's STILL a pretty noisy box, most noticeable when I'm watching something off of Netflix. Those fans are pretty loud...
  • Moschetto - April 22, 2009 8:09 p.m.

"we want to make sure that everyone understands that you play as a member of this elite unit." The elite unit that no one but Halo nerds knew or cared about up til now? Makes sense.
  • michaelmcc827 - April 22, 2009 8:01 p.m.

Interesting, so I assume installing the game to the hdd would solve the noise problem? I personally don't have an issue with it though since I can't hear it over the game volume.
  • Morning Ninja - April 22, 2009 7:44 p.m.

Or now.
  • JollyCrisp - April 22, 2009 6:52 p.m.

first! (god just killed a kitten) Microsoft needs to do something about that dvd drive next generation though. Seriously.
  • calipber - April 30, 2009 3:45 a.m.

Mine only makes half the noise that you guys are talking about, it usually happens with older dvds and cds and only after a few hours of being in the drive, other wise its rather quiet. And Halo ODST will be decent need to do my pre-view on gamestop soon
  • Defguru7777 - April 25, 2009 5:41 a.m.

GamesRadar, not to be insulting, but are you baiting people to bash ODST?
  • Superirish19 - April 24, 2009 2:30 p.m.

When your playing a game,or watching a DVD,somehow it makes your brain forget the noise.When im playing GTA IV,all I hear is the gunshots of my AK47.Sweet.
  • oreomonkey - April 24, 2009 4:09 a.m.

Wow Ravenbom, you have a... "different" way of thinking...
  • PK64 - April 23, 2009 10:48 p.m.

Why are PS3s so damn expensive?
  • someonetgsn - April 23, 2009 9:54 p.m.

Im lucky, I have this super ability to block out the noise without thinking about it, or at least not care. When I first saw people complaining about the noise I did not know what they were talking about, until I turned on my 360 to listen to it whirr. Oh and about the red ring of death, that was almost just a myth to me, until i saw a friend's 360 had that. oh, and third, the xbox does not suck. well maybe the first xbox, but the 360 rocks since it exchanged the black and white buttons in favor of dual shoulder buttons it got from the ps2
  • oryandymackie - April 23, 2009 5:13 p.m.

When I put a CD or a DVD my Xbox makes a low, ominous sound which signals it's about to explode. Once I contemplated jumping out of the way like they do in the movies. And @BoondockSaint54, that's because Microsoft take it to their top-secret lab and torture it until it starts again. They have an institute for 360's that were driven mad byt the rigorous torture, and shuffle quietly around humming to themselves quietly.
  • Tomsta666 - April 23, 2009 4:40 p.m.

The Xbox 360 is whisper quiet compared to the Dreamcast! That thing was like a fucking rock tumbler!!
  • CAPST3R - April 23, 2009 3:07 p.m.

surprised no-one's tried to slag off the ps3 yet. annnnny time now...
  • goth_dude888 - April 23, 2009 2:22 p.m.

i dont really hear the noise