• ollyn - November 25, 2012 5:33 p.m.

It's up for debate but any of the recent Tenchu games are forgettable (debate probably forms around whether the originals were memorable in and of themselves). Tenchu 1 and 2 were awesome but (even though I have played them) I just cannot remember the more recent games in any great detail, even the names are eluding me at this moment. As for Panzer Dragoon Orta, I had never actually played any of the other PD games but I loved it and was kind of disappointed there haven't been more games in the franchise.
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:35 p.m.

oh man, you're totally right. the first two tenchu games were far too good to have earned such a shitty fate.
  • shawksta - November 25, 2012 4:42 p.m.

Frankly i find the second Kid Icarus game more forgettable, there are people who dont even know there was a second game. Either way I f*cking love Uprising. Frankly Uprising and Twisted Metal was in the beginning of the year where higher profile games were overshadowing them, so you cant really say "Forgettable" but hey its your list. Nuts n Bolts was a great game, honest to god it is, the ISSUE is how Rare was hyping a 3D Platforming game if the 2006 teaser was any indication and even after the reveal just plain saying "Its the sequel to Banjo-Tooie", which is where the gruff comes from because otherwise the fantastic artstyle and Graphics along with the gameplay make it enjoyable and i liked it.
  • FOZ - November 25, 2012 3:04 p.m.

Pretty sure Nuts and Bolts isn't "maybe" why the game wasn't very popular, it definitely is the reason. You don't change the genre and the way the game plays entirely and expect people to like it just as much. And Kid Icarus hasn't even been out a year, on a system that's just picking up.
  • KA87 - November 25, 2012 2:02 p.m.

Loved Perfect Dark. Too bad the sequal killed it. IDK, how about last years Assissins Creed for all of the reasons that Gamesradars animal editor listed in its anti-game of the year nomination of that game.
  • ACardAttack - November 25, 2012 1:46 p.m.

Am I the only one who found Chrono Cross to be better than Chrono Trigger? I found the plot and actually dealing with the ramifications of time travel far more interesting than a generic time travel plot? I also really loved Chrono Trigger, but just liked Cross more
  • ChiChiRocket - November 25, 2012 5:44 p.m.

My main gripe with Chrono Cross (aside from excluding the original cast) was that they completely inundated with new, forgettable characters. Instead of a small party of characters are you grow to care about, you're given a small army of people who you will rarely or never use.
  • SentientSquidMachine - November 25, 2012 7:17 p.m.

It was cool having a different party on all of my new game+ playthroughs. The whole mechanism of how some characters become available or not based on choices you made and who was in your party was pretty cool.
  • avantguardian - November 25, 2012 11:39 p.m.

i'm with ya.
  • 7-D - November 25, 2012 1:01 p.m.

Torcher: Arsonist of Evil 2?
  • nintendo365 - November 25, 2012 12:39 p.m.

I thought that Kid Icarus: Uprising and Warhawk were fucking FANTASTIC. they were both so well made and had perfect blends of gameplay styles. On the other hand, Fuck Perfect Dark Zero. The N64 Perfect Dark is my literal favorite game of all time, Goldeneye gets too much praise. Perfect Dark took everything from Goldeneye and turned it up to 11,000. It had better graphics, better storytelling elements, actual voice acting, better multiplayer modes, better guns, and it even managed to bring back a few maps and guns from Goldeneye for the purists out there. It was the new gold standard, and I dont think any game since has really captured the madness the comes from 4 splitscreen players and 8 SpeedSim Simulants. But when I played PDZ, that game was like a slap in the face. It made the characters seem odd and the gameplay was ridiculous. Now it wasnt all bad, it was fun to see how Joanna and the Carrington Institute evolved over the years and to see the origins, but they tried too hard to link up with the original. The guy at the end was transformed into some skinless thing because of "Maian Powers Left on Earth". DAFUQ IS THAT? Even in PDN64 they barely had contact with the Maians. But I digress. Perfect Dark Zero sucked, and P the original was (Insert complimentary word that describes the awesomeness here). The only issue was the Farsight. Fuck the Farsight.
  • Redeater - November 25, 2012 12:07 p.m.

"Hey guys, let's make her a 16 year old rave girl with gigantic tits......then we can't possibly screw this one up!!"
  • ultimatepunchrod - November 25, 2012 12:03 p.m.

I hope DmC doesn't become an addition to this list as the last slide implies.
  • Sjoeki - November 25, 2012 11:58 a.m.

What about the darkness 2, that game was just a slap in the face if you ask me. The first one created an amazing world and was one of those games that could really shock the gamer and it's world was just impressive. Don't know how many hours I spent searching for phone numbers and stuff like that, crawling as a snake over walls and ceilings till I didn't even know where I was anymore, hanging out with Jenny on the couch, getting sweet sweet revenge in the end. I couldn't put that game down and must have played it from start to finish at least 5 times. Then the second one came out and it was an instant buy for me, 6 hours later I was pretty disgusted by the game. "Let's change the graphics one this one, the fans of the first one will really like that!" "You know all the stuff you could do in the first one? Let's not put that in the second one!" "Let's spend a lot of time in the game talking about the Angelus, fans will really like it if we only show her after the credits!" And correct me if I am wrong as I'm not up to date with everything but doesn't the man who has the darkness die the moment he impregnates a lady? And didn't in the darkness 2 we find out that Jackie's dad lived at least some time after Jackie was born?
  • dionnysus - November 25, 2012 11:28 a.m.

shadowrun
  • dcobs123 - November 25, 2012 12:50 p.m.

I was just thinking that, who would think that rebooting an obscure rpg in the form of a generic looking class based shooter would sell to anyone.
  • Bloodstorm - November 26, 2012 10:53 a.m.

Shadowrun was fun, just got old fast playing the same handful of maps.
  • dcobs123 - November 27, 2012 1:55 p.m.

Only played a little bit of but it's definitely not bad, I just thought it seemed like an odd idea from a marketing standpoint.
  • Zeos - November 25, 2012 11:03 a.m.

I too loved the new Kid Icarus. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was really cool too...to bad my 360 got stolen before I got to even get half-way through it. I was pretty into the original Perfect Dark and liked it even more than Goldeneye, mainly because it had bots. Crono Trigger is one of my favorite games of all time so I of course got Crono Cross right away. I gave up on it after putting maybe fifteen hours into it though and did not look back. To finish off my opinions I really need to play Okami still and would pick up Okamiden I'm sure