• colin-bramwell - March 10, 2014 4:03 p.m.

Where's the jump from the Agency tower in Crackdown?! Still makes my stomach go to this day. Also, the jump from the tower into the giant toilet in Crackdown 2.
  • Joedirt1105 - March 10, 2014 3:52 p.m.

How there is no mention of Crackdown is completely unacceptable.
  • FlyinMachine - March 10, 2014 3:32 p.m.

First thing that came to mind for me was the parts in both Oblivion and Skyrim when you were above the clouds. Or when you attack Sheogorath and he drops you from a mile up lol
  • GenderBender_9000 - March 10, 2014 6:03 p.m.

I was thinking the same thing. Also in Morrowind when you use the scrol ofl icarian flight.
  • Cinaclov - March 10, 2014 1:43 p.m.

F-Zero. Take your pick of the N64 or GC version, both have their moments, but the most memorable one for me is one of the fire field tracks on the N64 version (i forget which unfortunately). When you play in multiplayer it struggles to render everything, and there's one point where you get launched over a part of the track that's swerving left and right under you. Except the game hasn't created that track yet and you can visibly see it being rendered and created beneath you as you fly over it. I still find that amazing.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - March 10, 2014 1:28 p.m.

I think the church in Acre from AC1 got me more than the place from AC2. Maybe it was because it was first, but that place really took my breath away when I got there for the first time.
  • soren7550 - March 10, 2014 2:45 p.m.

I agree, the Cathedral of the Holy Cross was really nerve rackingly high up, and I'm surprised that it didn't make the list.
  • john-putt - March 10, 2014 12:57 p.m.

arkham city when you're climbing up the wonder tower, felt like i was going to puke.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - March 10, 2014 12:47 p.m.

That mission in GTA V with Franklin where you skydive unexpectedly. Also surprised the Wii Zelda Game with birds didn't get here, considering your flying in the sky, but then again the Sky and ground are 2 different areas.
  • Sj. - March 10, 2014 12:27 p.m.

There were some amazing falling/skydiving sequences in a lesser-known title for PS2 called Kya: Dark Lineage. It was a pretty fun 3D platformer.
  • Hobojedi - March 10, 2014 12:12 p.m.

'AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome' really should be included in this list.
  • winner2 - March 10, 2014 12:08 p.m.

Kind of tame, but I loved the hang gliders in farcry 3. That never got old
  • Onatello - March 10, 2014 12:02 p.m.

I was expetcing to see The Amazing Spiderman here.
  • SwiftyKaz - March 10, 2014 11:47 a.m.

What about Wipeout 2048? One track has you at the same height as on top of a skyscraper.
  • mafyooz - March 10, 2014 11:39 a.m.

Well done Justin for pre-empting the pedants who would try to challenge the term Vertigo and insist you changed it to Acrophobia. Not that I was going to do that when I first saw the title. Nosireee.... ....nonchalant whistle....
  • GR_JustinTowell - March 11, 2014 2:32 a.m.

Haha! I knew someone would be thinking that ;)
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - March 10, 2014 11:19 a.m.

*without
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - March 10, 2014 11:18 a.m.

Ahhh it wouldn't be a Justin article with Sonic mentioned somewhere :-) Never change
  • PlainLikeVanilla - March 10, 2014 10:56 a.m.

Mirrors Edge was my first thought after reading the title. Will probably buy an xbone just for the new one.
  • Zzombie99 - March 10, 2014 10:33 a.m.

Definitely Halo: CE, when I decided it would be a great idea to drive a Warthog off a cliff in the second level of the campaign. I died, but it was pretty awesome.