Topics

wEiRd

• Rub3z - May 16, 2013 12:54 a.m.

You guys forgat a real good one from Dark Souls. It's since ben pachted out to say a more appropriated sentence fragment "VICTOLY ACHIEVED," but the initail release of the game had a much more profundd and dramatic phrase upon beating one of the game's many bosses: "YOU DEFEATED" Not to mention all of the funny little grammar mishaps that resulted from the game's online hint system. "Be wary of fall" "Be wary of fatty" "Beanpole ahead" "Be wary of amazing chest" "Try backstab" And for Super Mario Sunshine... Shine Get? Seriously, that's what is says? If that's seriously what is says in the English version of the game, then I can conclude that I have seen the words "Shine Get!" on my screen at least 240 times (played it through to completion twice) without batting an eyelid. Sometimes the things we don't notice are amazing. Speaking of not noticing anything, is there something I'm missing about the slide for Super Mario 64 with Yoshi? I don't... oh, now I see it. "IT THAT REALLY YOU???" "It has been such a long time since our last adventure!" "I'm still harboring very deep feelings of betrayal and from all the times you were content to jump off of my back over a bottomless pit or river of lava in order to save you own ass and make it to the other side without me!" "I've been waiting for years now for you to arrive on this rooftop so I can kill you and finally take my revenge without your beloved princess ever knowing! But I won't kill you now because I'm just too nice for that. Here! Take 99 of these 1-Up Mushrooms I found that totally aren't laced with cyanide! Bye Mario! See you at your funeral!"
  • Eo1spy - May 19, 2013 12:45 p.m.

"YOU REVIVED TO HUMAN" It's weird how they fixed this in one of the earlier patches to "HUMANITY RESTORED" but now it's back to the original (poor) translation.
  • g1rldraco7 - May 16, 2013 12:14 a.m.

I R Confused and yet this was real goooood to reed.
  • ObliqueZombie - May 15, 2013 11:59 p.m.

Damn Zero Wing, get it together!
  • winner2 - May 15, 2013 9:08 p.m.

That's weird, I don't remember "shine get" from Mario sunshine. That wasn't the English version right?
  • ViolentLee - May 17, 2013 6:59 p.m.

I think it was only in the Japanese version. I played both games and only remember it in that one.
  • Swedish_Chef - May 15, 2013 6:16 p.m.

The miracle never happen.
  • Killingjoke - May 15, 2013 5:27 p.m.

Seriously cant believe didnt see the Bimmy back then I guess I just flew by them to play the game in a hurry
  • VooDooDevil1369 - May 15, 2013 4:58 p.m.

I think "Insane Worrier" is equally as intimidating as "Insane Warrior" Full of Lulz!
  • ViolentLee - May 17, 2013 6:59 p.m.

Just avoid him long enough, and he'll die of an ulcer. Then a winner is you!
  • J-Fid - May 15, 2013 4:43 p.m.

You missed "move zig" from the correction of Zero Wing quotes.
  • ThatGamerDude - May 15, 2013 3:48 p.m.

Bast artical evar! Or at least this year...
  • profile0000 - May 15, 2013 3:45 p.m.

Article am very funy
  • TaserLime - May 15, 2013 3:44 p.m.

Some of these are definitely pretty great, but some are a stretch (i.e. the misuse of you're in the big rigs slide, considering how frequently people use the wrong you're). Also a lot of these are results of bad, 'engrish' localization more so than typos. Also, one more gripe, how is the super mario sunshine "shine get" a typo?
  • XNam360 - May 16, 2013 9:02 a.m.

They didn't use the wrong "you're" on the Big Rigs slide. That wasn't the typo on that one.
  • ViolentLee - May 17, 2013 7 p.m.

"You're winner" does not make sense. Needs to be an article added, like "a" or "the."
  • XNam360 - May 18, 2013 10:16 a.m.

Exactly. The missing article was the problem, not the wrong "you're," as the original commenter was complaining about.
  • antiAntag0nist - May 15, 2013 2:53 p.m.

Hey man, pododies nurfect.
  • KielbasaNinja - May 15, 2013 2:23 p.m.

I might be a little slow, but what's wrong with the Goonies entry? (pic 22)
  • Eo1spy - May 15, 2013 2:31 p.m.

"What do you do?" Not as bad as the others.
  • KielbasaNinja - May 15, 2013 3:15 p.m.

Yea, it just sounds like a response to me. You've just been attacked, what do you do? Choose from this list of options. Unless its gameplay elements don't correlate with that statement... I dunno. I won't be losing sleep over it.