Topics

pet peeves

• CrashmanX - March 2, 2013 12:21 a.m.

IMO My biggest pet peeve: -People who refuse to see the other sides of the console war and believe their console is the best. Being a PC gamer and console gamer I understand the pleas of the Console gamer, but for gods sakes don't go bitchin about the other guy's system and how bad it is when your's is just as shit. Not saying PC is some penultimate gaming platform (Well technically.....) but all Consoles have their negatives and their positives. You get what you pay for. Tl;DR Console superiority
  • PatHan-bHai - March 2, 2013 12:47 p.m.

well not technically o.O this is my 5th PC while i still have my 1st PS2 working............................o.O
  • Bloodstorm - March 2, 2013 2:43 p.m.

Penultimate isn't the same as long lasting. Even then, aside from a few low end computer monitors and one power supply, my computer has been running solidly for about 4 years now, and still plays games at a higher quality than my Xbox 360 and PS3, and the parts I built it with weren't even top of the line. Now, next gen consoles probably will outshine my aging rig, but it has been good to me.
  • CrashmanX - March 3, 2013 12:24 a.m.

If you've replaced your entire PC 5 times and you use it for gaming, you've been using PC's for quite some time, or you're buying pre-built machines.
  • PatHan-bHai - March 3, 2013 9:58 a.m.

yep! 14 years (my age) and 5 PCs --- makes me REALLY angry. and my mom and pops hate gaming so this kind of proves their point :( i haven't gotten a PS3 or Xbox coz my dad supports the damn PC! and he doesn't know how to use one himself......................................
  • avantguardian - March 3, 2013 12:15 a.m.

i don't think penultimate means what you guys think it means...
  • CrashmanX - March 3, 2013 12:23 a.m.

Oh no. I meant it as the near perfect gaming console/machine.
  • Hobogonigal - March 1, 2013 11:18 p.m.

Good list, I agree with a lot of these. My main pet peeves are: -Steam cloud wiping all of my save data for games with no reason. I was up to episode 4 for the walking dead and I booted up the game only to find I was back at square one. Haven't played it again since. -Siblings complaining because I destroyed them in a game, even while severely handicapping myself (only able to use a knife in shooters, 200% damage in Smash bros etc.) -Game prices -Games built specifically for online multiplayer gaming that only work about half (if that) of the time. Specifically Company of Heroes and sometimes Planetside 2 server issues and Left 4 Dead 2 issues on xbox live. -Cliched endings where you have to make a final decision, rather than giving you an ending based upon all of your other decisions in the game. -One hit kills in boss battles, especially when you have to sit through a long cutscene or play for a long time to get back to that point. -Over abundance of perk levelling trees where they don't make any sense e.g. Hitman Absolution. Why would a master assassin still be learning crucial skills when he has been doing this stuff his whole life? Makes no sense at all! Yup thats about it for now. I need to go cool down!
  • Bloodstorm - March 2, 2013 7:53 a.m.

Unless it has happened on other occasions with other games, loosing your saved data is a bug with TWD, and not Steam. Many people complaining about it inexplicably resetting to square 1 like you had never even booted it up.
  • Hobogonigal - March 2, 2013 8:41 a.m.

That's a shame if it is a problem with the game itself. I was really getting into the groove as well but I can't be stuffed going through all the story stuff again, I'll probably wait a couple of years until I've forgotten everything and then try it again. I've heard that the decisions don't really make too much difference but if I went back to episode 4 without anything carrying over, the emotional investment just wouldn't be there... Oh well, thanks for letting me know, I won't be worrying over losing saves in my other games due to steam then :)
  • avery78 - March 2, 2013 9:29 a.m.

You really should play through it again. It is a great game with a really good ending. I have played through it twice so far to see what changes decisions make.
  • pl4y4h - March 1, 2013 10:13 p.m.

As an inverted player surrounded by defaulters, we all share the burden unfortunately. DLC Achievements suck too. Most of them reward you for doing the most basic things, just with the new content. Hardly an "achievement". Also they ruin my perfect score if i don't buy them
  • oryanbelt - March 1, 2013 9:55 p.m.

I huge pet peeve of mine is when I spend a absurd amount of time playing through a RPG and made whole bunch of progress in it. Then just as I am coming up an an area to save at, BAM the game freezes/power goes out/a glitch breaks the game (I'm looking at you ToA) and I lose all that progress. I've had it so bad that I just up and quit the RPG for months on end
  • SirNinja - March 1, 2013 8:48 p.m.

Getting auto-balanced in TF2, seconds before my team wins the match.
  • Cyberninja - March 1, 2013 8:11 p.m.

Trophies that require online play and people who spam/use cheap characters in fighting games(Example Deidara in Naruto:Ultimate Ninja Storm 2)
  • pl4y4h - March 1, 2013 10:02 p.m.

More like GAYdara, am I right?
  • Frieza - March 1, 2013 8:06 p.m.

Some pet peeves I have are people using Ike on SSBB and think they're good (who are then easily dispatched of by my Kirby), on-disc DLC, video games being delayed (Of course, I understand why games are delayed, but I can't help but get a little annoyed...), not getting the promised pre-order content when you pre-ordered a game (this happened with me and the Last Story), and when people rave about a game and shower it with praise when it obviously doesn't deserve it (and refuse to the see the beaming negatives about the game).
  • avery78 - March 1, 2013 7:32 p.m.

numbers 3 & 4 I don't have to worry about because I mute them. The cut-scene skipping really annoys me though. Just last week I was one of these people, I went to the local store to get Fire emblem: Awakening and it was the last copy. As I was checking out a guy walked up with a kid and asked the guy behind the counter if they had any copies of it.
  • Sinosaur - March 1, 2013 7:18 p.m.

Games that have abilities you never actually need to use because of something similar that usually fills the same roll for the entire rest of the game... until the final boss where you've forgotten about it. Ex: Dodge and Dash: same button, but Dodge is shorter with invincibility... and it's the only way to avoid final boss's near instant kill attacks.
  • taokaka - March 1, 2013 7:11 p.m.

Some of my pet peeves include silent protagonists - people who do skip the cutscenes and then go on to complain that the game didn't have a good story - people that don't get games are for fun and constantly like to remind the people they're playing with about their skill by bragging - gamers that don't know the difference between a publisher and a developer. - PC elitists
  • masterjoe123 - March 1, 2013 6:36 p.m.

I went to GameStop to buy a game. I was looking forward to it all week. When I got there, it was sold out. I had to buy the downloadable version. I was pissed.
  • Bloodstorm - March 1, 2013 6:03 p.m.

Biggest pet peeve I've encountered lately is games that don't checkpoint when a boss enters a new stage. Like I want to fight through stage 1 and 2 again because I fumbled up in stage 3.