Topics

pet peeves

• Foodperson - March 2, 2013 11:47 a.m.

2. Lots of CoD fags hate cutscenes...except for the ones in CoD. 3. Online potty mouths need bootcamp, or at the very least need their headsets taken away. 4. I feel the same way when I can't shut that faggot up with skill. 5. As much as I like Gran Turismo 5, that game takes FOREVER to load! 6. I only know one guy who plays inverted, and he really sucks when he's forced to play UN-inverted. 7. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaa...Greg Miller as a teenager! 8. Okay, who's the genius at Microsoft who thought that player should NOT know when their battery is going to die BEFORE the fact!? The PS3 got THAT right! 9. I had the worst day of my life one day, and when my PC rebooted mid-game I felt like killing myself...okay, maybe not kill myself...but kittens for sure! 10. College internet speeds. 11. Stuck-up jackasses! 12. Pussy-ass faggots! 13. Well...I'm screwed. 14. You shall rue the day when you take that copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf from me! 15. You'd have to be stupid to pay more money for an MMORPG you already pay money for! 16. Okay, who's the genius at Microsoft who thought that player SHOULD know what's gonna happen in the campaign BEFORE the fact!? The PS3 got THAT right!
  • Fox_Mulder - March 2, 2013 1:15 p.m.

From my experience, most of the COD chodes don't even play Campaign. "A story? Stories are gay. I play COD to kill mofo's online, not to be told some gay ass story." - I'm paraphrasing a quote from something someone actually said. Also, to be fair, the 360 controller's lights alternate when the battery is low, but still an on screen indicator like the PS3 has would be nice nonetheless.
  • Bloodstorm - March 2, 2013 2:34 p.m.

You can pull up the guide to see how much battery is left, just like PS3.
  • BIGMercenary - March 2, 2013 10:12 a.m.

Unloading an entire clip into an enemy player only to have them turn around, shoot you twice, and get a headshot or impossible kill from it.
  • PatHan-bHai - March 2, 2013 12:44 p.m.

Counter-Strike -- Every single mother-fucking bitch-ass time!!!!!!!!! they just maurfucking turn round, 2 shots and ur dead while you just dished out half ur ammo on the maurfaker who WAS STANDING 2 FEET FruckinG Feet AWAY!!
  • aberkromby - March 2, 2013 10:01 a.m.

People who play nothing but Call of Duty, and play it ALL THE TIME. People who participate in the "Battlefield vs CoD" fight. They're supposed to not even be comparable. You're encouraging two different developers to make essentially the same twitchy arcade FPS game, ruining both series for the sake of competition. Stop it. Also, people who waste hundreds of dollars buying every new iteration of their favorite sports game year after year. Seriously, just send the money to charity or something. Or at least skip a year here and there. Either way, quit buying the same damn game over and over again. Developers/publishers who ruin a great series by oversaturating the market and rushing through development to meet their yearly release schedules.
  • Crypto140 - March 2, 2013 8:08 a.m.

People who can play a game 24/7, then laugh at you for being behind and decide to tell you all the spoilers because you are trying to take your time or you aren't able to play as much as they can every day.
  • yonderTheGreat - March 2, 2013 7:34 a.m.

Greatest pet peeves in web design. Formerly AWESOME sites who change their main page layout and force mouse-using PC'ers to use a counterintuitive crappy tablet-oriented interface, including 86 different social-media-of-the-week-oriented categories and a requirement to scroll down at least 4 PageDn's in order to see the latest news. Thank god for RSS feeds, I don't need to go to your "Let's make Kotaku look good" frontpage. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF F**KING GOD FIRE THE PEOPLE WHO DID THAT AND MAKE A "Um, I still use the mouse, idiot, please give me a mouse-oriented interface" button on the main page.
  • winner2 - March 2, 2013 5:42 a.m.

A game freezing up when you least expect it (every time). And playing an RPG like Skyrim as a certain class (stealth), and getting to a level where the enemies you can't take out in your style (ancient elder dragon while exploring) absolutely cannot be killed no matter how many potions you pop or buffs you cast.
  • Spade103 - March 2, 2013 4:30 a.m.

''People who skip cutscenes'' - Well, my pet peeve is ''people who tell others how to play the game.'' I personally don't skip cutscenes, but just because someone does, doesn't mean they're a bad gamer at all. They just like to play in a certain way. ''Online potty mouths'' - Come on, it's the internet. If you're going to be on there, grow a spine. ''Updates that restart your PC mid-game'' - You can disable these ''Getting kicked for being too good'' - Just want to say, the screenshot of the VAC wouldn't happen just because you're too good. More than reports has to happen. ''When the person in front of you at a store gets the last copy of a game you wanted'' - PRE-ORDER. How hard is it? ''Achievements / Trophies that spoil stuff for you'' - If you think there may be spoilers, don't look. Or ask on a forum (like xbox360achievements.org) if there are any achievements you should know about so you don't miss them, but with minimal spoilers. One of my non-gaming pet peeves is journalists who just add anything and everything to their lists as padding which are either non-issues if you're an adult or are easily fixable with minimal effort.
  • yonderTheGreat - March 2, 2013 7:36 a.m.

Um... you're coming to GamesRadar for journalism? What next? Integrity? Decent web design? Oh you poor man (gender assumptions, apologies), you haven't been jaded enough. I miss those days.
  • Bloodstorm - March 2, 2013 7:47 a.m.

It would seem you just read the titles and then posted, because most of these were under a specific context, and even address your so called counter arguments (except the VAC screenshot, but it is just a screenshot for goodness sake).
  • Fox_Mulder - March 2, 2013 1:19 p.m.

Piss off. Both of you. You abhor GR's "integrity, journalism, and web design" well then good. Go make your own fucking blog if you can't stand to be affiliated with a website which you believe to be "lacking integrity". Get the fuck out of here and let these fine people do their job and let me read happily in peace without your negative bullshit.
  • avantguardian - March 3, 2013 12:10 a.m.

agreed, these dudes should definitely fuck off. forever.
  • Child Of Death - March 2, 2013 2:51 p.m.

Oh so you guys know true journalism? Well let me take a look at your websites and see how journalism is done... oh wait I cant because you dumb fucks know nothing about journalism. Dont like GR than stop your bitching and GTFO
  • buckybantam - March 2, 2013 3:24 a.m.

This: http://wp.me/p31Ujn-3w Oh God, when will someone get it right??!
  • Bloodstorm - March 2, 2013 7:50 a.m.

I agree. I saw a hilarious commercial the other day where 2 young males were 'playing' video games together, and one was holding an Xbox controller, and the other a PS3 controller. Do they not understand how separate products work?
  • Person5 - March 2, 2013 5:16 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjCo2I3ooK0 This is a commercial that shows how game development...works? Its also a great example of what you just said
  • CrashmanX - March 2, 2013 12:21 a.m.

IMO My biggest pet peeve: -People who refuse to see the other sides of the console war and believe their console is the best. Being a PC gamer and console gamer I understand the pleas of the Console gamer, but for gods sakes don't go bitchin about the other guy's system and how bad it is when your's is just as shit. Not saying PC is some penultimate gaming platform (Well technically.....) but all Consoles have their negatives and their positives. You get what you pay for. Tl;DR Console superiority
  • PatHan-bHai - March 2, 2013 12:47 p.m.

well not technically o.O this is my 5th PC while i still have my 1st PS2 working............................o.O