• Japanaman - February 11, 2013 4:56 p.m.

MASS EFFECT 3. That is all I have to say.
  • Japanaman - February 11, 2013 4:55 p.m.

Another moment is when you buy a new game, you see a friend you haven't seen in ages, he asks if he can borrow a game, you say yes, and then the one game he wants to borrow is the one you just bought and haven't even played yet.
  • Japanaman - February 11, 2013 4:53 p.m.

You wanna know what is the worst? Saving in Tomb Raider II when you have low health and you're on a ledge and the only way down still drains health from you (enough to kill you) and you have no choice but to drop which leads to your death.
  • lewis-barclay - February 10, 2013 7:20 p.m.

Playing gta vice city with no cheats back in middle school. Couldn't get past this mission where you had to destroy the inside of a mall pretty much. A few more months of tries later I FINALLY beat the mission.....during a storm.....power goes out JUST AFTER JUST BEATING THE MISSION with no chance to save. Fml.
  • GraphicRogue - February 10, 2013 9:53 p.m.

Yea, was just coming to point out unexpected power loss is a major fml moment. I remember having beat a boss in a game i was taking forever to try and best and little did I know my uncle was preparing to repair something and turned off the power in the house without warning me. I swore so loud they heard me all the way in the basement where they suddenly remembered not warning me. I didn't play that game again for awhile.
  • JMarsella09 - February 10, 2013 7 p.m.

So I just beat Ni no Kuni. It took 50 Hours and I only have 30% of the trophies. F my life.
  • MysterEnygma - February 10, 2013 6:13 p.m.

that lower price on console thing totally happened to me. Paid 399 for 40 gig cause 80 was more expensive.....2 weeks later they dropped the price of 80 to match the 40. Bastards.
  • g1rldraco7 - February 10, 2013 3:55 p.m.

One moment happened to me when I almost unlocked everything in Super Smash Brothers Melee. My friend puts my memory card into hIs GameCube, BUT HE DIDN'T PUSH IT ALL THE WAY IN. HE FINALLY DOES AND IT SAYS ALL DATA WAS ERASED. After I screamed at him until I almost blacked out and after playing with him for a marathon, took me 5 days to unlock all the my stuff, my hands are ruined from the GameCube controller.
  • Squander - February 10, 2013 7:26 a.m.

u wanna listen to an awesome music track or simply see some tutorial videos... u type the name of the game you are currently playing on youtube... the first thing that pops up is the fight against the final boss. spoiler fuuuuuuu
  • oryanbelt - February 9, 2013 5:21 p.m.

The biggest "F My Life Moment" I had was when I finally caught all 150 + Mew in Pokemon Red when it first came out. I was the happiest 11 year old ever. Then my friend came over the next day to show me this new thing called 'Action Replay' he got from his parents. We, foolishly, decided to try it out on my Pokemon Red version, he not fully understanding how to use it. 5 minutes later, "File could not be read, it may be corrupted." O_____O
  • dj_kwest - February 9, 2013 4:23 p.m.

Nothing hurt more recently than spending countless hours in Skyrim protecting the oh-so-brave Shadowmere (aka: That damn awesome horse that would run headlong into battle without warning before you could even detect the enemies!) than to have a game bug kill him wile I was inside a dungeon. I come outside, and he's nothing more than a tail and part of ass+one horse leg sticking out of the ground. Nooooooooooo!!!! Nothing I could do would revive him, including reverting to previous saves! Bug deaths. F* my life.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - February 9, 2013 12:13 p.m.

My xbox 360 got the Red-Ring-of-Death, so I bought the version that came without a harddrive a few days later since it was cheaper. The day after I came back from the store, the xbox 360 slim was released. Damn.
  • ObliqueZombie - February 9, 2013 11:47 a.m.

Well-written, Lucas, very well done! Nailed just about everything bad that could go wrong with this hobby. I especially hate the whole "joining a game right as they're bored of it" crap. Luckily, I have my CoD obsessed, Halo obsessed, Starcraft obsessed, and MMO obsessed friends to be there whenever I have a particular itch to scratch.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - September 30, 2013 1:05 p.m.

I'm just now seeing this--and thanks!!
  • Gemsa - February 9, 2013 8:40 a.m.

I lost 3 years of xbox 360 saves when failing to transfer it across to a new harddrive using a dodgy usb flash drive. then cloud saving became invented the following month...
  • mbavalo - February 9, 2013 7:19 a.m.

Beating an end game boss just for the game to encounter a glitch that needs you to restart... and you had not saved after beating that boss
  • Pruman - February 9, 2013 5:27 a.m.

Letting your friends borrow your games, which they either lose or forget about. I've had this happen a bunch of times, but the worst one was in college. I kept all of my GameCube discs in a rubber Metroid Prime disc holder case that was a pre-order bonus, which went everywhere my console went. I ran a gaming club and I would routinely volunteer my GameCube for the meetings. After breaking down the room after a winter meeting, my Metroid Prime case was nowhere to be found. I was extremely pissed about this, because I had some rare games like Eternal Darkness and Ikaruga in there. It remained lost for about a year before we found it in the closet where we kept all the tables and chairs.
  • LEGOMatrix - February 9, 2013 5:16 a.m.

I'd definitely add game-stopping bugs (I will one day have to complete Fez on a newer Xbox), losing out on a shiny pokemon, and your controller losing power during an online match causing you to get killed. I'll also never forget my Halo 3 autosave experience that left me with minimal health and a bullet on a brain-bound trajectory about a metre away from my head. Cue an endless cycle of death and a trip to Computer Exchange.
  • TombReaver - February 9, 2013 3:37 a.m.

Bugs that stop you progressing (Skyrim, Fallout, Tomb Raider Underworld etc), and an auto save point just before a line of dialogue so when you keep failing every time you have to listen to it again, again and again... (PoP, Uncharted, Metal Gear etc)
  • ShadeOfLight - February 9, 2013 3:19 a.m.

I remember getting halfway through the World of Ruin in Final Fantasy VI before having a brain fart moment and pulling the cartridge out without turning the system off. Save file gone. Spent the next two days marathoning the shit out of that game to get back to where I was, but it just wasn't the same.