• Clovin64 - May 20, 2010 5:28 p.m.

I got the soundtracks for SH2 and 3, both are bloody amazing. If there's one piece of music in SH2 that can rival "Theme of Laura" then its "Betrayal" (the bit where you fight the two Pyramid Heads). It brilliantly conveys all the emotion of that particular bit in the game. Both beautiful and terrifying at once...
  • zer0hvk - May 20, 2010 11:20 a.m.

Great choice, Brett! I miss Team Silent :(
  • zer0hvk - May 20, 2010 11:18 a.m.

I love this song, once in school they told us to bring instruments if we knew how to play one, so I brought my electric guitar to school and a small amplifier, everyone was, you know, in turns going to the front of the class to play something, and I played "Theme Of Laura", about 2, 3 people recognized it and thus I made some new friends :) brings back good memories, I listened to that whole soundtrack for the whole first year in college, amazing and haunting, I love it.
  • philipshaw - May 20, 2010 9:28 a.m.

I was just telling a friend about this song the other day, Silent Hill 2 was a amazing game with a fantastic soundtrack
  • Tenfey - May 20, 2010 4:25 a.m.

I'd say music is more important than visuals for setting a games mood. This games music showcases that pretty well.
  • KREATIVEassassin - May 20, 2010 12:26 a.m.

Silent Hill 2 is the reason I bought a PlayStation 2. Great game. Great music. Phenomenal experience.
  • lovinmyps3 - May 19, 2010 11:45 p.m.

Silent Hill 2 will always beat Alan Wake!
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 19, 2010 11:19 p.m.

I've never played it nor had I heard it before its debut on Talkradar, but the first time I did it sent chills down my spine. An amazing piece; I'm interested to see what Yamaoka is doing now.
  • iluvmyDS - May 19, 2010 11:15 p.m.

I just love how big it sounds. Tons of great sounding reverb.
  • Tatts4Life - May 19, 2010 11:10 p.m.

LOVE the Silent Hill soundtracks
  • Estacado - May 19, 2010 11:07 p.m.

I love the music from the first Silent Hill, the intro is just wonderful and when Lisa became into "zombie" !!!!! (i think is the same music when James is reading the letter from his wife in SH2) and the Silent Hill 3 intro is a master piece =D
  • Samael - May 19, 2010 10:35 p.m.

Theme of Laura is pretty much dead tied with Vampire Killer as my favorite video game song, and is easily one my favorite songs from any genre of music. I could listen to that opening riff for hours...
  • squidhead442 - May 19, 2010 9:38 p.m.

Fine choice, Mr. Elston! This is, IMHO, the greatest Silent Hill game and the best soundtrack of all of them. But I haven't heard much from Homecoming or Shattered Dreams...I mean "Memories". I had all of the Silent Hill soundtracks until they started cranking them out every other year!
  • Rhymenocerous - May 19, 2010 9:06 p.m.

Silent Hill 2 really does have a great soundtrack. The part near the end with the two pyramid heads - I seem to remember that music being amazing.
  • RebornKusabi - May 19, 2010 8:24 p.m.

I made my comment (not throwing slander at him or not ignorantly calling him biased) because of the comment in his review on Silent Hill 2... until I read the comments and then re-read that section and saw that I read the broken version of the review lol Anyways, I'm not a fan of Silent Hill 2; I prefer and consider Silent Hill 1 and 3 better games overall however this is still a great song nonetheless!
  • Embolado - May 19, 2010 8:17 p.m.

I want me some Chocobo music.. its the story of my life :( Also props on the new remodel of the site looks clean.
  • TURbo - May 19, 2010 8:16 p.m.

arf arf arf Arf Arf Arf ARF ARF ARF
  • TURbo - May 19, 2010 8:06 p.m.

Also the licensed soundtracks from the Madden NFL football games are better
  • TURbo - May 19, 2010 8:05 p.m.

Also Mega Man 2 and the music sucks. Worse thing ever produced.
  • TURbo - May 19, 2010 8:04 p.m.

Also David Bowie's C-C-Changes