• Sleuth - October 31, 2011 9:28 p.m.

Alfred: Was there ever any doubt?
  • quincytheodore - October 31, 2011 9:07 p.m.

This could be Game of the Year. I know the competition is stiff this year from Portal 2, L.A.N, Dead Space 2 or even Deus Ex. Not to mention Skyrim and November releases loom tall like giants, but Arkham City is arguable the best superhero game out there. I think this year could be the most crowded A titles release since, I don't know, the '99 RPG spree (Average about one RPG every month). Which goes without saying, seriously damages time and money.
  • larkan - October 31, 2011 8:48 p.m.

Dungeon Defenders for me...Battlefield is ok, but needs a lot of work. Dark souls really doesn't count, as that game is easily beaten within a week. I don't get to play Arkham City until November thanks to a delay....so yeah, DD wins.
  • BladedFalcon - October 31, 2011 10:16 p.m.

"Dark souls really doesn't count, as that game is easily beaten within a week." HAH! That's it. That comment deserves no further reply or effort.
  • cory-smith - October 31, 2011 8:01 p.m.

No love for Forza?
  • Sjoeki - November 1, 2011 11:17 a.m.

It is a great game but my guess is that because it's only on one platform it had less chance, and to be honest I think Batman AC really deserves it this month, it's that good!
  • Project93FTW - October 31, 2011 7:38 p.m.

Next GOTM is skyrim nuff said, runner up goes to Mw3.
  • shawksta - October 31, 2011 7:45 p.m.

We really cant be judging considering expectations, I expected Rage for this month but no, it dissapointed me in one aspect,we need to wait till they happen, i mean Battlefield isnt the winner(Thank god) We got allot for November, MW3, Assasins,Skyrim,Zelda,Mario, its gonna be huge.
  • gmcb2011 - October 31, 2011 8 p.m.

Hey, what's with the Battlefield hate? :P Don't start judging games on fanboys: I completely agree with this, but I've already got more hours on BF3's multiplayer than I do with all of Arkham City, and I've beaten my first playthrough to 100%. Again, agree completely that Batman should be game of the month. Just don't go dissing my Battlefield.
  • shawksta - November 1, 2011 11:39 p.m.

Im sorry, It wasnt meant to diss Battlefield, I love it aswell, im just suprised there isnt a rage for it not being it.
  • D0CCON - October 31, 2011 10:02 p.m.

I still hold hope runner up is Super Mario 3D Land.
  • NightCrawler_358 - October 31, 2011 7:27 p.m.

Agreed. But the jump between Assassin's Creed to AC2 was much greater than Mass Effect 1 to 2. And might I add, Adam West's Batman punching a shark in the face in the 60's Batman and Robin made perfect sense! *snort* The one in Arkham City didn't even explode!
  • McSpermie - October 31, 2011 6:49 p.m.

Eh, I don't know. I think Dark Souls is in my top 5 this gen, but opinions.
  • alienkid771 - October 31, 2011 6:40 p.m.

Oh Charlie, this tickles me in a way that if Loretta tickled me that way, I'd say "Oh yeah. That's nice. That's the spot."
  • Headstandz - October 31, 2011 6:34 p.m.

Batman was the best this month. I wasn't even going to get it until I saw that review.
  • shawksta - October 31, 2011 6:31 p.m.

Awesome I agree for the winner, Arkham City improved upon Arkham Asylum,I loved the bruce wayne sequence in the intro. However, since i didnt play Dark Souls(But i hugley respect it for doing an awesome job and plan on buying it) im giving second place to Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Classic Kirby never felt more fresh and full of content. Rage's Cliff hanger was horrible, i expected better.
  • Redeater - October 31, 2011 6:41 p.m.

I actually enjoyed Rage quite a bit. Went through it 3 times. Still bothers me about the terrible ending and the fact that they give you the equivalent of the Doom BFG at the very end with no end boss to use it on.
  • shawksta - October 31, 2011 7:41 p.m.

I LOVED Rage, i cant get enough of it but its Ending just ruined what couldve been an awesome finale.
  • Redeater - October 31, 2011 6:27 p.m.

Agree 100% this game was great!