• boxmeizter - September 28, 2010 9:47 p.m.

sorry i meant john.
  • boxmeizter - September 28, 2010 9:47 p.m.

yeah john marston from red dead and jenny from the darkness. those deaths really made an impact on me, even though i knew jack was going to die
  • hazza955 - September 10, 2010 7:58 p.m.

Jackson=dead, Griggs=dead, Gaz=dead and Price=alive
  • Jadernader - July 28, 2010 9:23 p.m.

The Boss!!!! saddest shit ever in a game whats wrong with you!!!?!?!?!?!
  • nolefanpc - June 29, 2010 1:29 a.m.

It made me pretty sad when John Marston died in Red Dead Redemption. Jack isn't nearly as cool as his papa
  • someguy125 - June 20, 2010 3:55 a.m.

captain price gaz death made me yell "WHAT!!NO!!" well there dead and i dont now voodoo....
  • lilypad77 - April 29, 2010 9:56 p.m.

I agree with those that said Aerith should have been in the list. You never go back to the old classics for your most this or your most that.
  • nadrewod999 - April 29, 2010 12:30 a.m.

P.S. Yes, I do know that I am commenting on a year old article, just want to put a final update on this article
  • nadrewod999 - April 29, 2010 12:27 a.m.

@theschwartzb, if you listen closely to what Capt. P's mentor says, he talks about how you shot off Z's arm, so no matter where you aimed, he was going to be assumed dead right before the helicopter blows your base up. @ everyone else, I just want to make an update to the list of casualties: Price isn't dead, he was simply made to appear dead by the Russians, who locked him in the Gulag so that his body could never be recovered.
  • HDBawllz - March 1, 2010 4:56 a.m.

Aerith and Zack. Saddest moments in gaming for me.
  • czarcorey - January 11, 2010 6:18 a.m.

I think Isara in Valkyria Chronicles is deserving of the list, one of the saddest in-game deaths I have seen.
  • soapman1 - January 11, 2010 3:19 a.m.

i felt a little dissapointed when the camera guy died in uncharted 2
  • soyso - January 5, 2010 11:05 p.m.

I think Zack Fair´s death should be up here to. I also have to mention Emma Honeywell from The Last Remnant. I didn't get very sad when she died, but extremely chocked. She was my favorite character in the game and I just sat in disbelief. The saddest thing with it is that the cut-scene is so poorly done. You don't understand what has happened until afterwards, when they explain it to you in text-form. She deserved better!
  • usmcdude2599 - January 3, 2010 8:27 p.m.

i was dissapointed when i didnt get to put a cap in Makarav's (or how ever the hell u spell it) head. Maybe in MW3 assuming there is one.
  • usmcdude2599 - January 3, 2010 8:24 p.m.

captain price actually survives. you fight along side him after the gulag mission in MW2
  • w40kfanatic - January 3, 2010 7:30 p.m.

The CoD4 ending was very sad, but at least price and soap survived. When soap gives price his pistol back in MW2, its so nice that it motivates infinity ward to blow up the room.
  • zachyoawesom - January 3, 2010 7:14 a.m.

well always gotta love killing imran zakaev anyway.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - January 2, 2010 11:13 p.m.

the only game that ever made me cry was at the end of metal gear solid 4 and i never even played any of the other metal gear games
  • Ricochet3438 - December 30, 2009 9:54 p.m.

yeah too bad Captain Price didnt die. He comes back in the secind game. And almost dies AGAIN, I might add.
  • GibsonSG - December 30, 2009 1 a.m.

I reckon it was sad when ghost and soap died in call of duty modern warfare 2. That prick shepard