• profile0000 - July 5, 2012 8:47 a.m.

Damn. That's a lot.
  • aberkromby - July 5, 2012 8:02 a.m.

I hate Activision because they're like a growing disease in the gaming community. I hate EA because of their "me too" attitude towards Activision. Ubisoft is the only big-name company that I still respect anymore. Whether or not they produce good games, at least they have relatively good business morals.
  • Redeater - July 5, 2012 8:10 a.m.

My only problem with Ubisoft is they seem to be drifting towards an Activision mentality. Things like turning AC into a yearly franchise.
  • aberkromby - July 8, 2012 11:17 a.m.

What I hear about AC3 gives me some hope though, hearing that they supposedly have been working on it for several years while Revelations and Brotherhood were side developments.
  • MasterBhater - July 5, 2012 8:10 a.m.

I agree with you 100 percent. While I DO believe that EA is better than Activision, their ideas on DLC are almost as stingy as Capcom's. Ubisoft never fails to impress me, though. They support new hardware like the Wii U, 3DS, and PS Vita. They support new IP's like Watch Dogs. And they even continued the 2D Rayman games even when Rayman: Origins didn't sell well at first. Sure, they release yearly Assassin's Creed and Rabbids games, but they always produce pretty high quality stuff
  • Tjwoods18 - July 5, 2012 8:15 a.m.

Call of duty will get old way before assasins creed ever does
  • wesley-simmons - July 5, 2012 8:15 a.m.

Except their shit DRM policies.
  • Redeater - July 5, 2012 8:34 a.m.

Ubisoft is good when it comes to consoles. They should be burned at the stake for anything PC related they have done in the last five years.
  • Mcdeeman21 - July 5, 2012 6:54 p.m.

I agree that EA are better than activision, but they are much bigger money whores than activision. I just hope both publishers stay around long enough so that they can change their angle on game publishing.
  • Net_Bastard - July 5, 2012 7:35 a.m.

Wait a minute, I thought that the 3rd party publisher hate has shifted to EA again!
  • tacehtselrahc - July 5, 2012 7:07 a.m.

Yup, Activision are scum, I simply don't buy their games anymore. Unfortunately as long as the inbred knuckledraggers keep buying their COD shite they'll continue to be successful.
  • ParagonT - July 8, 2012 7:30 p.m.

Were you referring to blacks just now? Thats the only time I've ever heard of "knuckledraggers". (Inferring them to be apes for those that don't get it.) If not, thats cool, but if you were... I'll be back.
  • falcon4196 - July 5, 2012 6:09 a.m.

Poor Sierra. As an adventure game junkie I have too tell you that one hurt.
  • Redeater - July 5, 2012 6:32 a.m.

You're telling me. I grew up with King's/Space/Police Quest.
  • mockraven - July 5, 2012 6:47 a.m.

The Betrayal games from Sierra were essentially what introduced me to computer gaming so I was sad to see them go.
  • JamesRadar - July 5, 2012 5:29 a.m.

this article is making Dan Amrich's job harder.
  • gumbyx84 - July 5, 2012 4:50 a.m.

I always thought the Guitar Hero concept was originally developed by Harmonix. Hell that is what most people I've spoken with believe. Red Octane was a peripheral company making things like DDR pads and PS2-to-USB Adapters long before the GH was even thought up. They owned the publishing rights and provided the hardware, nothing more. Either way, I don't really think they deserve to be on this list. As nothing but a hardware manufacturer they are given too much credit. One last thing to note: Red Octane did publish the sequel to GH (GH2). Two if you count Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s.
  • BlueScorpion91 - July 5, 2012 4:43 a.m.

The only brilliant game on that list was Scarface: The World is Yours, the rest was either bad or just not good enough.
  • KA87 - July 5, 2012 4:20 a.m.

I understand that companies are out to make money, but when so many companies are just buying up others to run them into the ground for profit, it is really concerning. If this trend grows then it will have major consequences for the economy and our future. What will the world be like if everyone was willing to kill the person next to them for the sake of money?
  • Draconilla - July 5, 2012 4:24 a.m.

Oh you know, there would be wars fought... economies and cultures crushed... it would be a lot like the world we are in right now... Wait a second...