• Kethmach - March 4, 2011 3:06 a.m.

So many of you are acting like Gears of War is coming to PS3. That wasn't announced at all. MS has been great to Epic and I just don't see this happening any time soon. And while there were games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Tekken, Ace Combat, Ridge Racer among others that went multiplatform, it didn't kill Sony. IF the day ever, EVER comes that Gears comes to PS3- it won't kill MS either. People want to talk about Mass Effect- Mass Effect only went to PS3 because EA bought BioWare. BioWare didn't want ME to go to PS3 but they had NO voice in the matter. And what happened when it did- it's tanked. It barely cracked the top 10 chart the week it came in (7th or 8th I think) then fell off the chart. Why? Because it was a 2nd game in a trilogy that Sony gamers were lost on... and lest we forget- it was a year old! If Gears EVER came out on PS3- gamers would be pissed that they paid for a 5 year old game. They're not going to go back and remake the game, there's no money in it. I could see Gears Trilogy 2 coming out on all systems (it's not like it's going to die after this next Gears... it's a cash cow now), but I don't see this going to PS3, no matter how "good for PS3" you think it might be. If it did- a port of an old Xbox game sure as hell isn't going to skyrocket Sony sales- not software and not hardware. Period.
  • michaelkaramas - March 4, 2011 3:38 a.m.

I wrote a long flame-inducing post ...but decided that it was easier said this way: i may prefer my ps3 over my 360 but sheesh, they haven't announced anything yet... people are acting like its already out on ps3... That said Microsoft really dropped the ball again as far as new ip's this generation, they have only 1 current exclusive new generation IP and thats Gears of War. they seem to be relying too much on what they had last gen.(which failed miserably if not for halo's multiplayer) Heck this gen whats each company got new franchise wise? MS has Gears(the only new franchise unless you count Alan wake which idk if its getting a sequel)... for ps3 generation sony has uncharted, infamous, littlebigplanet, resistance, and motorstorm, and thats leaving out other great franchises that dont have sequels yet. Microsoft really needs to create more franchises. few sorry about the potential flamebait. i do have both consoles for the sole fact that many third party developers shaft the ps3 version because they try to port the 360 version over. (red dead redempton) also its the halo reach model :) sorry about punctuation but i iz lazeyish
  • g4m3rk1dd - March 4, 2011 4:44 a.m.

its not going to ps3 they just said it would be nice :| we've still got other exclusives that are good too...ive got both systems anyway so meh...
  • Anderstmnt - March 4, 2011 6:35 a.m.

I have yet to play Gears of War, I would love it on PS3, although this could hurt the Xbox, not like that's a bad thing.
  • Yaro - March 4, 2011 7:25 a.m.

Even though I'm not crazy about Gears, I would buy it. One of the best coops out there. Or so I'm told.
  • Clovin64 - March 4, 2011 9:04 a.m.

Nah, I don't see it happening. Gears is pretty much one of the defining exclusives for 360. It won't happen.
  • RandyChimp - March 4, 2011 1:02 p.m.

This is sort of like when all the 360 fanboys started saying "MGS4 will come to 360" to piss off Sony fanboys. Now it's the other way around. Get the fuck over it everyone, consoles are consoles, the only major difference being some of the hardware and the companies that develop them. Other than that, we all play games, we all like talking about games and we all can get along because we all like games!
  • HankVenture - March 4, 2011 2:39 p.m.

I always think Gears of War is on the PS3 for some reason, I guess because it's such a big title that I just don't care for.
  • ahleung - March 4, 2011 2:46 p.m.

Gears 1-3 will NOT go to PS3. Because MS is the publisher. Epic boss is correct that Epic owns the Gears franchise. So if they want, they can make Gears4 go to PS3. But Gears 1-3? NO. Someone mentioned Mass Effect, and that's the perfect example. Bioware owns ME franchise. And ME2 was published by EA. So EA can and actually did make ME2 go to PS3. But ME1 was published by MS, so they can't port ME1 to PS3. Both Bioware and MS confirmed that.
  • Sharkbot - March 4, 2011 4:48 p.m.

"Sony wouldn't put up too much of a... resistance." I see what you did there.
  • mockraven - March 4, 2011 8:53 p.m.

I find it interesting how the Epic president essentially said that it would be cool to see Gears of War expand to Playstation as well and then a bunch of people post comments about how the 360 must keep its exclusives at all costs. I don't really get why people love the consoles more than the games. Seems like if anyone's really a fan of Gears of War that (s)he would be all about promoting the idea instead of stifling it. Anyway, on topic, it's cool to see that Epic is possibly growing enough to be interested in expanding its publications to other platforms, too. :)
  • deathcab4booty - March 5, 2011 4:17 a.m.

k sweet, now port uncharted and LBP2 to 360 and we'll call it even