• OD-Apache - April 5, 2012 6:48 p.m.

"Dante is a ninja turtle." Pretty much.
  • Yosuke - April 5, 2012 4:54 p.m.

I would be all for a new protagonist,but this one is just uninteresting,and i hated enslaved so i think i will drop this one
  • Mister-X - April 5, 2012 12:27 p.m.

No, I don't want to have a good time, Mr Cooper. I want to play as an icon, not a wannabe.
  • ChuckB - April 4, 2012 10:53 p.m.

So...essentially, they're admitting defeat that they can't compete with Platinum Games? That's rather disheartening for them, no matter how you spin it. Even then, 1) this wouldn't be happening if the actual DMC team wasn't busy making Dragon's Dogama. 2) That team was both ambitious and lazy at the same time so I wouldn't call it the death thrown of the current formula compared other series that were doing the exact same shit ad naisum (and have way more games then there ever was in DMC) I love them but let's face it: they're a movie studio stuck making video games.
  • Beartoe - April 4, 2012 3:52 p.m.

it's kind of pathetic to read that most of your complaints about this new iteration of the game is about how the character looks or how unrelatable he is. But what i don't see is anyone questioning why does he look like that and how does it adds to the character. I believe NT is trying to flush out Dante as not just a character in a game but someone with an actual story, a life, a reason that he is the way he is. Understandably Dante has become an iconic figure to some by now, and like some of you believe that there are still avenues to discover about his past and future. But what you're not taking into consideration is that is it worth it for Capcom to risk it's efforts on a game that could possibly ruin the whole series? The materiel has gone kind of stale and the story is convoluted as it is. I think starting with a new company and new story line should be the obvious option. For one if the game sinks, Capcom is not responsible for it, and Ninja Theory takes the blame. And if the game does do well then Capcom will come out looking like they made the right decision with the new re-imaging of the DMC series. In the end Capcom will be responsible for the mismanagement of their intellectual property but at least it they won't be responsible for producing the game that ruined the franchise.
  • larkan - April 4, 2012 9:32 a.m.

Don't really agree with the whole Bayonetta thing. I couldn't finish the game because it was simply boring after having played DMC 1-4. It's all the same hack and slash shit over and over again, and I don't see why Bayonetta was rated so high. Oh wait, there was a chick as the lead that was naked half the time and overly sexual, that explains the high scores.
  • pr0tostar - April 4, 2012 5:12 a.m.

I applaud the ****storm you've stirred, Cundy. I like DMC3 Dante the best, I feel they perfected the persona of his character. Also he was pretty legit in the anime, more of the social demeanor he had in 1 and 2, but still retained the "It's cool, I'm Dante" attitude he was given in 3. Kobayashi's DMC is dead (and HD necrobumped.) Take it or leave it kids.
  • FOZ - April 4, 2012 5:58 a.m.

Kobayashi only worked on the first and fourth games, and even then people associate the series more with Hideki Kamiya and Shinji Mikami, who (big surprise) both left Capcom, and Kamiya directed/ designed Bayonetta. Who does Capcom even have left? I don't trust them to make anything that isn't a fighting game.
  • Jbo87 - April 4, 2012 4:02 a.m.

Looking at the combat video it seems to play very similar to previous DMC games. Air combos and gun juggling. I haven't played one in quite some time so can't comment too much. Honestly though I'd have been much happier with Enslaved 2 but unfortunately it seems only me and a couple of people on this thread actually bought it. Ultimately don't bitch about Ninja Theory altering a franchise, bitch about the people that didn't support the gem that was Enslaved and thus killed any chance of a sequel. If a few more people had bought it then no doubt the DMC lovers and Enslaved lovers would probably all be much happier.
  • Spiderpope - April 4, 2012 3:49 a.m.

I'm not adverse to a new take on DMC. It did seem that Capcom was running out of ideas for the franchise with DMC4 - a new character that looks almost identical to the old one? Why bother? - but Ninja Theory's take is not appealing. The new Dante looks terrible. I'm fine with a Dante completely different to the original, but at least give us one that looks good. There is nothing appealing in his character design at all. And the gameplay i've seen so far seems pretty generic. They are going to have to pull something pretty spectacular out of the bag to get me to buy the new DMC, and it certainly won't be a day one purchase for me as i'll very much be waiting for reviews. And if they fail i'll just have to content myself with the HD Collection and DMC 4.
  • Clovin64 - April 4, 2012 3:43 a.m.

I'm looking forward to this game, but I'm hoping that Virgil makes some sort of apearance. It would be pretty sweet to see Dante and Virgil's relationship before the events of DMC3 where they were already on opposite sides. Whats that you say? Alternate Universe? Still hoping Big V will show up regardless. :P
  • bedelicious - April 4, 2012 2:04 a.m.

Did DMC needed a fresh start? Yeah, I think many people would agree. Did NT did it right? No, I don't think so, and I'll keep saying it until proven wrong. You're saying it's a alternate universe and may not have any ties with the previous games? Then why make it a DMC game? I want a fresh DMC game, not something that only claims to be one. But I guess there can only be a real point to that discussion when the game comes out and we actually know how it is.
  • system1988 - April 4, 2012 1:44 a.m.

You miss the point. We all knew that Capcom's DMC series needed a new storyline, we are not blind! But one thing you DO NOT mess up with is the ICONIC things that make the series so loveable. 1) Dante's hair... 'nough said! 2) Dante eats pizza not nicotine patches! 3) Alternate universe? Did Sparda coughed or something before he used some awesome power that would make a better universe? Those 3 elemments for me are buying- killers... I just cannot accept them. And yes, i know, change is not always bad and it is not easy but IT HAS TO MAKE SENSE or at least be HANDLED PROFFESSIONALY in order for the fanbase to accept it. For example, counter- proposals to the 3 above elements: 1)Dante rushes to the screen as if it were a camera and changes his hair to white ... Super Saiyan style!! 2)Ok keep your character's disgusting habbit, Ninja Theory! Just make sure that the last thing we see before the end game credits roll is Dante reaching for a slice of pizza in an epic slow- motion way and after the first bite... No.1! 3) Alternate universe... yeahh... nooooooo.... better have a serious prequel where we see Dante as a punk before he was awesome and explore his relationship with his brother. Finally.... and that is basic sociology for you................... DO NEVER EVER EVER INSULT THE DANTE WE ALL WORSHIP AND LOVE AS CORNY!! HE IS A FICTIONAL CHARACTER THAT DEFINED OUR GENERATION AS A IDENTIFICATION FIGURE. YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO GO ON ABOUT HOW STUPID HE LOOKS... BELIEVE ME, BEFORE YOUR PRECIOUS LADY GAGA AND PS3 WERE OUT, THE WORLD OF THAT TIME AND ITS 15 YEAR OLDS WANTED (some of us still want lol) WHAT DANTE HAS: GIRLS, PIZZAS, AND HEAVY METAL WEAPONARY... WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF OUR TIMES AND DANTE IS A PART OF THAT TIME... OUR TIME....DEAL WITH IT!
  • ObliqueZombie - April 4, 2012 10:01 a.m.

I'm not sure if you're being serious, but I'm sure you can find some great rule-34 of Dante.
  • DrFunFrock - April 4, 2012 11:36 a.m.

^^^ LOL
  • Firepunch - April 4, 2012 12:56 a.m.

You want to know the real reason why fans are pissed off. 1. Ninja Theory are jerks or at least their main guy is. He literately doesn't care about the fans and he always insults the fans. Instead of answering legitimated questions( Like why using the unreal engine)they keep dodging the questions, also they keep saying that this Dante is cool and the old one isn't. This shows the lack of respect Ninja Theory has for this franchise. 2. They keep changing the story. One of your points is that it is in a alternate dimension yet I can bet that Ninja Theory will change this like they did. For at least a year they have been saying that it's a reboot, it's a revive, its a prequel. This shouldn't be happening they should have their story down and yet they keep jumping from the premise. This is why they have only completed 30% of the game.3 Finally Ninja Theory aren't doing anything with combat. The people at capcom are working on combat and Ninja Theory are working on tarnishing their reputation. Finally I hope their is going to be 8 reasons why DMC will suck on gamesradar like they did for Bioshock 2 which definatly didn't deserve the amount of hate it recieved ( Also the new Dante looks like the main guy at Ninja Theory that would piss a lot of fans off too)
  • Mamudo - April 4, 2012 12:32 a.m.

I don't mind an alternate take on DMC. I would like to see a DMC with regular Dante in the near future but I don't think this game is going to as bad as a lot of people think.
  • MeanwhileGuy - April 3, 2012 11:45 p.m.

Is it me or are GR in a fan hating mood at the minute? First Dave Houghton's incredibly insulting ME3 article and now this latest one telling fans with legitimate complaints that their opinions are wrong and to shut up and stop whining. And yes, I very much disagree with most points on here. First of all, the story was simple if you bothered to pay attention (a story that requires audience attention in a game? Shock horror!), and was actually headed in a very interesting direction after 4. True, 4 wasn't as good as 3, but that's because 3 is one of the best hack n' slash games ever made, and as for that slow, clunky, travesty of a game that is Bayonetta being better? Sorry, but I'm trying to stop myself laughing in contempt. As numerous people have already said, if it's nothing like the old DMC games, why even bother calling it DMC? There's just no point to it. I like Ninja Theory, but they are seriously shooting themselves in the foot with this. And I'm not even going to bother saying why I prefer Dante in all his flamboyant, cocky, wise-cracking, insaniely likeable "old' character. That much should be obvious.
  • IceBlueKirby - April 3, 2012 10:29 p.m.

I liked the combat in Heavenly Sword and the story and environments in Enslaved, so they could pretty much just stick those together and I'd be happy, but it appears they're doing much more than that. I've been looking forward to DmC for a while now, and I still can't wait to get my hands on it.
  • inkyspot - April 3, 2012 9:36 p.m.

I like where I think Ninja Theory is taking this. I like the look of this Dante, I never liked the old look. I like what I saw of the gameplay. Maybe it will be a good game.