We Recommend

• someonetgsn - June 24, 2013 2:48 p.m.

They seem to say "Battlefront done the DICE way" with a lot of pride, or at least I read it that way. Battlefront takes a lot of inspiration from Battlefield, but is not exactly Battlefield. It is a little more 'arcady' than Battlefield. With that said, I see Battlefront going full Battlefield clone as a first person shooter. I am not sure how I feel about this, but I wonder how it will play, considering lasers are much slower than bullets. With that said, I hope Battlefront fans do not expect this to be like the older Battlefronts or how Battlefront 3 was going to turn out, but instead, expect it to feel more like a core Battlefield game. Though I hope they try a few new things with this title. I want them to bring back all the cool features in Battlefront 2, such as the Galaxy battle system, and split-screen... and aircraft implemented in some meaningful way.
  • kiteJargon - June 25, 2013 12:45 p.m.

Maybe I don't get your meaning, but don't lasers travel at the speed of light? You don't need to account for gravity and bullet drop over large distances in comparison to bullets.
  • kiteJargon - June 25, 2013 12:48 p.m.

Whoops, guess I should've refreshed the page from yesterday before posting lol. Apologies.
  • Cwf2008 - June 24, 2013 2:36 p.m.

I cannot stand the way Battlefield plays, so I'm worried about Battlefront being in DICE's hands...on the other hand it is a quality studio and I'm sure they'll do the game justice. Hopefully it plays like the old Battlefront games and not like Battlefield.
  • avantguardian - June 24, 2013 8:24 p.m.

after loving bad company 2, and absolutely hating bf3, i share your skepticism. please. for fuck's sake keep it third person!
  • mothbanquet - June 25, 2013 7:28 a.m.

I liked the first-person in most cases, personally but dear God, yes - BC2, not BF3!!!
  • Mr.YumYums - June 25, 2013 1:46 p.m.

I'm pretty sure Battlefront had both first person and third person views am I not correct? I feel that they should leave it as it has been, to have those two options for the players.
  • Shinn - June 27, 2013 6:53 a.m.

Sure did, my buddy played in first person whereas I always played in third person.
  • N7Spartan95 - June 25, 2013 7:50 p.m.

I'll just leave this here. http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-star-wars-battlefront-wont-be-a-battlefield-game
  • obviouslyadouche - June 24, 2013 1:57 p.m.

Of all the EA studios, Dice has the best chance of making a good star wars game.
  • Ramstein - June 24, 2013 2:36 p.m.

Of all the studios on the entire PLANET, DICE has the best chance of making a good battlefront game.