• PimplesInYourAsstista - August 1, 2011 7:23 p.m.

Don't like paying real money? Then don't. Stop bitching. db1221 hit the nail on the head here.
  • D0CCON - August 1, 2011 7:28 p.m.

@Hobojedi It doesn't look like it. It costs some money to put up an item, even if it doesn't get sold, so most people aren't going to waste their time and money offering crap to people. I'm guessing you didn't read the full article.
  • wrayday - August 2, 2011 12:09 a.m.

this has the potential to rank up with the disasters of the Hindenburg and the titanic for colossal bad ideas. I cancelled my WoW account after repeated brute forcing attempts made it impossible for me to log in without having to constantly reset my password to unlock my account. Now I would have to contend with the loss of real world income. I hope somewhere some lawyer stands up and says "This is a bad idea!"
  • StoneDreadnaught - August 2, 2011 1:07 a.m.

I am cautiously optimistic about this idea. It's certainly a strong step in the right direction to lessen/get rid of gold farmers, but I can see how this could go wrong should enough players start abusing the AH. If Blizz does managed a reasonable grip on this AH, and this 'nominal fee' isn't sky high, and the 3rd party system for 'cashing out' works, it just might be adopted by other MMO's. Now if only they'll take this idea and apply it to a particular in the real world... *glances at a poster of Cheech and Chong*
  • pedro-smith - March 8, 2012 5:07 p.m.

This makes me so happy. Im so sick of retard in diablo 2 who think they can come into my game and fill it with spam about their shitty website. Keeping it all focused on an AH is a lazy way of banning the stupid bots, but if it works im all for it. If the bots werent your least favorite part of diablo 2, then you shouldnt be excited for diablo 3 anyway.
  • Wolf_priest13 - April 15, 2012 11:59 p.m.

To EVERY moron that said they no longer want the game. FOR ONE EVERY ITEM will be able to be found so there is no real issue there, and BLIZZARD would have to take a cut of the money its there freaken system this is to help prevent people getting spammed and scammed for what there already going to buy SO please go play diablo 2 and learn that you are the dumbest people in the world for saying this will ruin the game. Blizzard is greedy but there doing games as a business so knock off with the crying because they wanna make money on what THEY own, they built the game they are building the Auction house, PS. ebay and so forth takes a cut of what you sell too for there service are they greedy too? its called A real live auction house and the person supplying the service of the AUCTION HOUSE is blizzard, so they are legally allowed and obligated to ensure that it runs smoothly with the money you pay to put stuff up, Also on that note Diablo 3 is free to play its not a 15 dollar a month MMO you pay for it once you own it for life, you have no need to use the real money auction house you can use the in game gold one to become uber powerful, and GOLD is so much more important in d3 because you pay to level up your crafting abilities and it costs quite a lot to do, So everyone that reads this understand blizzard is being realistic with taking a cut because a real live auction house takes a cut for showing off your item even if you don't sell it, I will also add THANK YOU BLIZZARD I swear to god the spamming in d2 was horrible, Mind breaking horrible and you hopefully put a stop to half of it since now item farmers can just sell it straight to the AH without huge amounts of spam, and people that are gonna be assholes to do the easy way out on getting gear can get there gear and have no purpose in the game and wasted all there money on NOTHING FUN. SO I laugh at you all bitching and moaning saying i won't get the game now because of this. You never were gonna get it if something that will help us enjoy the game free of spam makes you upset One last thing tho, the loot is not free for all so some uber guy coming in and wrecking everything can actually help you get gear your self easier so its a win win situation no matter how you look at it