Topics

From Software

We Recommend

• Net_Bastard - September 21, 2011 7:47 p.m.

Why the hell are they punishing people who went and BOUGHT THEIR DAMN GAME? It doesn't matter what date it was supposed to come out; they shouldn't bitch about getting some early profit.
  • LordCorwin - September 21, 2011 8:08 p.m.

Actually they should complain, street dates are there for a reason, if a game gets leaked early to a select group of players it sets it up to be pirated that much more quickly, meaning fewer people might purchase the game at launch and the few days afterwards that it usually takes to crack them. So good for From and I applaud their problem solving solution.
  • PaintedMan - September 22, 2011 7:22 a.m.

Sorry, but I don't buy into that at all. Supermarkets in the UK have routinely broken street dates for years and the games industry is yet to come to a screeching halt. If the developers/publishers etc have a problem with early sales they should take it up with the retailers. But wait, that would mean actually growing a pair and going up against someone who can fight back. It may even mean (gasp) losing a few sales if aforementioned retailers stop selling that developer's titles. No, better just to attack their loyal fanbase instead. Serves those people right for legally buying a game and playing it. Absolutely pathetic.
  • RoeTaKa - September 22, 2011 7:49 a.m.

I really hope you got the game early and are getting pwned by one of these antagonists. If you enjoyed Demon's Souls you'd see how ironically awesome this is.
  • Fetalspray - September 22, 2011 9:17 a.m.

Im from the UK and I'm yet to see supermarkets break street dates so that mon frere is a load of old toss.
  • lordgodalming - September 21, 2011 7:44 p.m.

Ba ha ha. That's awesome. From Software are geniuses. Anyway, no embargo breaking for me since I preordered the collector's ed.
  • Limbo - September 21, 2011 7:42 p.m.

This is the greatest way I have heard of a developer dealing with early players.
  • EBAX1 - September 21, 2011 7:36 p.m.

Now I want to get an early copy just so I can fight some max level phantoms
  • PimplesInYourAsstista - September 21, 2011 7:33 p.m.

Now THATS DRM we can all enjoy! (Yes, I know it might not technically be DRM)