• Fuzunga - January 2, 2013 4:18 p.m.

I don't understand why everyone lately has been calling the N64 a failure. Nobody I know owned a PlayStation or Saturn. NO. BODY. The 64 was the only system anybody played or talked about. I always thought Nintendo dominated that generation.
  • D0CCON - January 2, 2013 5:32 p.m.

That rings true across my group of friends as well, but as far as total sales go, PS1 dominated the N64 (the N64 sold 32.93 million, the PS1 sold 102.49 million).
  • AdamPrime - January 2, 2013 12:51 p.m.

The Game Boy Micro was called Oxygen, to fit in with its sister product DS/Nitro.
  • lancevance821 - December 30, 2012 3:36 a.m.

Sega Neptune even though it never came out.
  • Nocturne989 - December 29, 2012 11:45 p.m.

@obviouslyadouche The PSVita was originally called the NGP when it was announced. Next Generation Portable
  • Nocturne989 - December 29, 2012 11:45 p.m.

@tehtimeisnow I really hope you're trolling cause if not you sound like a complete idiot.
  • Dadyo238 - December 30, 2012 7:31 p.m.

He's an idiot who only knows trolling... well, fail trolling, at least.
  • tehtimeisnow - December 29, 2012 11:07 p.m.

nitedno uses codnames cuz they dont want to admet that all the gane systams they make r just complete garbege.appel never uses codnames cuz they now the iphone is amazeing and a trustable gane systam
  • obviouslyadouche - December 29, 2012 7:48 p.m.

I"m pretty sure the PSvita never changed from it's codename.
  • SPAZFM - December 30, 2012 9:14 a.m.

NGP was it's code name I think well that's what people called it before Vita anyways
  • C.King - December 29, 2012 2:53 p.m.

wasn't the wii u called project butterly or cafe saying that it would either never be outdated or easily update itself
  • erman-guido - December 29, 2012 2:22 p.m.

Nintendo Revolution sounds awesome!!!
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - December 29, 2012 2:41 p.m.

Agreed. when I first heard about it in Gameinformer I thought, "Wow. That's a really fitting name since Nintendo is aiming to *revolutionize* videogames with motion control." And then "Wii" happened.
  • Opa-Opa - December 29, 2012 1:24 p.m.

If I recall correctly, the Japanese Mega Drive was code named Sega Mark 1601, the Genesis 32X was Project Mars and the Dreamcast was called Dural at some point. Also, a failed Sega of America project for a console at the time of the Dreamcast was called Black Belt.
  • garnsr - December 29, 2012 6:56 p.m.

I think the Saturn was rumored to be Giga Drive, after the Mega Drive.
  • J-Fid - December 29, 2012 1:03 p.m.

The DSi uses TWL, the 3DS uses CTR, and the Wii U uses WUP. However, I have yet to figure out what possible code names these stand for.
  • RandomShadow44 - December 29, 2012 3:02 p.m.

TWL = Twilight, CTR = Centur. WUP = Wii U with a random P. These are just guesses though.
  • RandomShadow44 - December 29, 2012 3:02 p.m.

*CTR = Century
  • C.King - December 29, 2012 3:46 p.m.

was thinking twilight too, was thinking control for some reason but century makes more sense, wii would like to play, wii u play?
  • J-Fid - December 29, 2012 5:49 p.m.

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks Twilight every time I see the TWL. I always see images of Twilight Princess though. Not sure if that applies to you.