We Recommend

• Amnesiac - March 23, 2010 8:02 p.m.

I like the new layout. I didn't like having to click through the More Articles page just to see more than 5 articles at a time. The new layout is very streamlined.
  • Ell223 - March 23, 2010 8:02 p.m.

I'm on the fence about it. My only major beef is that, Just Cause 2 is listed 3 times (I know, one for every console) but it doesn't tell you which console is which. I suppose it doesn't matter because they're all the same, but if it's going to be like that. Why not only have one? Also, I don't know if it's just me being idiotic but again on the Just Cause 2 post. I wouldn't have known it was a review if I was just glancing at the post preview. It could be anything, a preview, review, images with a bit of text. Its just titled Just Cause 2.
  • skynetiscoming - March 23, 2010 7:58 p.m.

I like it! Now I can just get on the site and immediately see what is new. I can't wait to see a huge TALKRADAR 94 picture on the front page Friday. Good Show!
  • VMPSaberwolf - March 23, 2010 7:54 p.m.

I am glad the sidebar navigation remained the same. I think most of the gripe comes from people being used to seeing every section "at a glance" to see if anything new interested them on the homepage. Downside to that was, if you're only a PC gamer like myself, your articles might not appear on that "at a glance" because XBOX 360 or PS3 articles were in all 3 spots. I click on the PC tab anyway to make sure I've seen everything. Gamesradar's main product is features anyway (besides their awesome podcast), it makes sense to put what makes them stand out on the front page. Any old site can put reviews and previews on their front page, but why not let the authors of the feature articles post their works to give them the credit its due? What got me hooked on GR in the first place was their funny articles. Its also a free site providing entertainment, so people should quit whining about it. Those that don't like it can head over to gameraiders.corm. Oh wait...
  • rxb - March 23, 2010 7:52 p.m.

I does look alot nicer and you get a nice preview before you click to read. I normally read the site from the features page and if I moan the new site means I have to scroll down more Ill sound like a lazy idiot.
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - March 23, 2010 7:50 p.m.

@StrayGator Rest assured, you will still be getting the longer features for which we are known. One's posting later today, in fact, with contribution from no less than SEVEN GamesRadar editors! Think of all this shorter content as a bonus, not a replacement.
  • StrayGator - March 23, 2010 7:50 p.m.

Regarding my previous comment: I'm not mad or anything, just not *yet* sure the new "editorial priorities" are for the better. Might be a side effect of the transition. hope to be proven wrong.
  • StrayGator - March 23, 2010 7:43 p.m.

Sort (anything) by date + categories on the sidebar = win/win. Now, I have nothing against these blurby mini-features (I call them Meiklehams), but I can't escape the feeling that the fleshier features of yore (two weeks ago?) are getting scarce.
  • Unoriginal - March 23, 2010 7:38 p.m.

Maybe I just need to get better ajusted but I have one complaint. The new front page layout is kinda annoying. Before you had easy acces to the latest previews, features etc. but now it has these huge tabs and it goes by most recent site update instead of being categorized. I do like the new tab outlook though (the layout of the features index for example)
  • StoryofEverest - March 23, 2010 7:37 p.m.

Wait...okay, I just figured it out. I think, the stories are just laid out down the center different, right? I guess I was expecting the site itself to look different.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - March 23, 2010 7:36 p.m.

@StoryofEverest Eep! We're looking into it. Also note you'll only see the change on the homepage/platform pages.
  • Ensoul - March 23, 2010 7:35 p.m.

It's not bad, just different then what I'm used to. Course it kinda looks like some of this other sites.
  • StoryofEverest - March 23, 2010 7:33 p.m.

@GamesRadarTylerWilde I appreciate it, man. But I keep switching back and forth between the versions on that grey bar and I can't see a single thing that looks different.
  • listerfeend - March 23, 2010 7:30 p.m.

I like the new look. Except for the fact that when I load up www.gamesradar.com about 60 - 70% of the screen is made up of Just Cause 2 ads! I thought I was on Just Cause 2 .com!
  • JackSkellingtonsSkin - March 23, 2010 7:27 p.m.

Undo, undo!
  • kahana95 - March 23, 2010 7:27 p.m.

I do like the seemingly joystiq.com styled front page. But I have an idea. I like to open lots of tabs in my browser and it would pretty cool if I could open them from the scrolling flash feature selector just by middle clicking on the ribbon rather than opening up lots of gamesradar homepages and then opening up the features.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - March 23, 2010 7:26 p.m.

@StoryofEverest We are in a transition period, so not everyone sees the changes immediately. Look for the gray bar at the top right to switch to the new version.
  • StoryofEverest - March 23, 2010 7:25 p.m.

I must be blind, because I have absolutely no idea what they changed. At all. Looks EXACTLY the same.
  • cracker33 - March 23, 2010 7:03 p.m.

Dude, this is pretty kickass.
  • Geminiman82 - March 23, 2010 7 p.m.

Come on everyone, give it a chance. They obviously put a lot of work into this and after a while, you won't know any different. I personally like the changes. Besides...everyone would complain eventually if things weren't tweaked a bit. Nice work guys!