_______________________________________________________________ |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | | | Author: Sakura Yule | | Email: SakuraYule@hotmail.com | | Infinite Undiscovery | | For the Xbox 360 | | Hints and Tips FAQ | | Version 1.04 | |_______________________________________________________________| Sites permitted to host this guide o------------------------------------o | GameFAQS (www.gamefaqs.com)| | CheatCC (www.cheatcc.com)| | SuperCheats (www.supercheats.com)| | NeoSeeker (www.neoseeker.com)| | Cheat Planet (www.cheatplanet.com)| | Games Radar (www.gamesradar.com)| o------------------------------------o _ _ / \_________________________________________________________________________/ \ |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | Table of Contents | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | Section 01 - Updates [Update1] | | | | Section 02 - Introduction [SakuraY] | | | | Section 03 - Tips and Tricks [TipsTrx] | | | | IN GAME TIPS | | | | CHARACTER LOCATIONS | | | | SITUATION BONUSES | | | | PARTY FORMATION BONUSES | | | | THE BEST PARTY | | | | CHARACTER ANALYSIS | | | | MAKING MONEY | | | | JUST OUT OF REACH | | | | COMBO BONUSES | | | | LEVELING UP | | | | LEVELING SKILLS | | | | LEVELING CS TRAITS | | | | KILL RANKS | | | | PLAYER ADVANTAGE BAR | | | | MULTI-PARTY GRADING | | | | STOPPING VERMIFICATION | | | | MY PARTY LET ME DIE! | | | | WOOD AND HERBS | | | | MISSABLES | | | | ONLINE VOUCHERS | | | | STAT MAXING | | | | ITEM CREATION LEVELING | | | | UPGRADING I.C. QUESTS | | | | BIG DADDY'S BACK | | | | Section 04 - Last Words | | | | Copyright [CpyRght] | | | | Credits [Creds42] | | | | Final Words [Goodbye] | | | | | | | | | | | |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | \_____________________________________________________________________________/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- =============================================================================== ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | Updates - [Update1] | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| May 17th, 2009: Finished FAQ May 21st, 2009: Added the following sections: THE BEST PARTY COMBO BONUSES LEVELING UP LEVELING SKILLS KILL RANKS STOPPING VERMIFICATION MY PARTY LET ME DIE! ITEM CREATION LEVELING UPGRADING I.C. QUESTS BIG DADDY'S BACK May 27th, 2009: Fixed an error in the guide. Added the following section: PLAYER ADVANTAGE BAR LEVELING CS TRAITS Fixed an error in the guide. Jun 06th, 2009: Made a format change; Various guide alterations. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | Introduction - [SakuraY] | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| Hello, and welcome to my Hints and Tips FAQ. My name is Sakura, and I have created this FAQ for you to enhance your gaming experience. Please enjoy it to your heart's content. Any questions, comments, or critiques should be sent to the email provided at the top of the page. This guide is copyrighted to me, Sakura Yule, and is intended for private use only. Alteration of this guide is prohibited. Duplication and hosting of this guide is prohibited without my consent. Fan based sites will not be given hosting consent. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | Hints and Tips - [TipsTrx] | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | IN GAME TIPS | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| - If you have the Monk's Soul accessory equipped, you will receive 0 XP. If you are not gaining levels, this is probably why. If you want a challenge, wear this. - Usually, a character who is not in your party will only gain 50% of the XP that your main party gains. If you stick them with a Karathos Wristband accessory, they will gain 100% XP instead. There are multiple times during the game that characters actually leave your party. These characters do not gain any XP during the away-time no matter if you wear this or not. - You can only control Capell. No other characters can be controlled except by using the "connect" ability by tapping the Right Button. - Do not neglect "Prudentiae", the flute song. Playing this song makes you immune to almost all magic in the entire game. Useful in almost every boss battle. - Beating the game on Normal unlocks Hard Mode; Beating the game on Hard Mode unlocks Infinity Mode. On Hard Mode, enemy stats are multiplied by 1.2; On Infinity Mode, enemy stats are multiplied by 1.8. The game states that "Not all content is available on this mode", etc, this merely refers to the two achievements you get for defeating the Seraphic Gate on Hard and Infinity. Easy Mode does not allow access to the Seraphic Gate. - When looking at your menu of items and magic, you can press "Y" to prevent an ally from using that selected item or magic spell. The magic menu only appears when you are in an area with enemies; You can not view it in town. - Setting skills to X is a default setting and does exactly what it says it should do; however, if you set a skill to the Y button, it does 20% more damage with the cost of 20% more MP. This applies only to Battle Skills, not magic. - Capell can not damage Vermiforms with one exception; If you use Symphonic Blade while connected to an ally, he gains the ability to damage them. You "must" be connected before you use this to gain this ability. - Tap the Y button in battle to request healing. If you have let an ally Vermify, they will be less likely to heal you. To remedy this, feed them a type of food that they like, or use a "Charming Perfume" on Capell while in battle with that character. - While crafting swords for Capell, you may notice that you are missing the ability to gain two specific blades, the "Instrumental Sword" and the "Seven Star Blade". The Instrumental Sword is in Castle Valette and you must use Komachi to Honeysuckle it; The Seven Star Blade is in the Seraphic Gate on the Halgita floor. Both of these are unique items. - For power-leveling, equip 2 Wisdom Coins (+10% XP) on your main party. For Non-party-members, equip them with a Karathos Wristband. - Most of your character's skills can be leveled to level 3. While this does take a long while, it is certainly worth it. Level 3 skills and spells do insanely devastating damage to enemies, and can give you a victory without using Capell even once! - The max level in this game is 255; however, you will not easily pass level 70 without entering the Seraphic Gate Post-Game. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | CHARACTER LOCATIONS | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| Throughout the game, you will acquire 17 additional characters in addition to Capell. There will be many times you will need to speak to them or use their Item Creation abilities. This list will describe where every character stands in every town. Some characters change locations; If a characters has more than one location, both will be listed. Nolaan: ---------- Aya------- In the twin's house on the hilltop Rico------ In their house on the hilltop Rucha----- In their house on the hilltop Signumd--- In the center of the town by the well Edward---- Next to the entrance Eugene---- In the general store Balgabon-- Outside of the twin's house, by cliff Savio----- Path to the shrine Michelle-- In the center area of town Gustav---- Path to the shrine Dominica-- Path to the shrine Vic------- East side of town Kiriya---- Next to the entrance Touma----- Path to the side of the shrine Komachi--- Path to the side of the shrine Kristofer- Path to the shrine Seraphina- Path to the shrine Burgusstadt: ---------- Aya------- In the Inn Rico------ By the castle entrance Rucha----- By the castle entrance Sigmund--- Castle, Floor 1, Left side, top-left room Edward1--- Castle, Floor 1, Left side, bottom room Edward2--- Castle, Floor 2, Middle area in the open Eugene---- Castle, Floor 1, Left side, Library Eugene---- In the General Shop Balgabon-- In the bar Savio----- Castle, Floor 1, Left side, top-right room Michelle-- Castle, Floor 1, Left side, bottom room Gustav---- In the Inn Dominica-- Castle, Floor 1, middle area Vic------- In the first alley on the right Kiriya---- Castle, Floor 1, Left side, Library Touma----- Castle, Floor 1, Left side, bottom room Komachi--- Castle, Floor 1, Right room Kristofer- Castle, Floor 1, Left side, top-left room Seraphina- Castle, Floor 1, Left side, top-left room Sapran: ---------- Aya------- Standing by Faina's house Rico------ Far east side of town Rucha----- Far east side of town Sigmund--- In the shop/inn by the town entrance Edward---- North side of town, by the moonchain Eugene---- Northwest side of town Balgabon-- North side of town, by the moonchain Savio----- Mayor's house Michelle-- Far east side of town Gustav---- West side of town Dominica-- West side of town Vic------- North side of town, path to the moonchain Kiriya---- In the inn by the entrance Touma----- East side of town Komachi--- North side of town, by the path to the moonchain Kristofer- In Faina's house Seraphina- In Faina's house Fayel: ---------- Aya------- Castle, 3rd Floor, Aya's room Rico------ By the item shop Rucha----- By the item shop Sigmund--- Castle, 1st floor, upper of the two rooms Edward---- Beside the castle, inside the gate Eugene1--- In in Inn Eugene---- By the armor shop Balgabon-- In the bar Savio----- Castle, 1st floor, lower of the two rooms Michelle-- Castle, 1st floor, north room Gustav---- Castle, 3rd floor, Aya's room Dominica-- Inside the house next to the accessory shop Vic------- Inn, back room Kiriya---- Castle, 3rd floor, outside Touma----- Next to the accessory shop Komachi--- Next to the accessory shop Kristofer- Castle, 1st floor, upper of the two rooms Seraphina- Castle, 1st floor, upper of the two rooms Port Zala: ----------- Aya1------- East Side, Near the Pier Aya2------- Northwest side, first house Rico------- East Side, On the beach Rucha------ East Side, On the beach Edward----- East Side, On the Pier Eugene----- Southwest side, in the General Store Balgabon--- East Side, In the bar Savio------ West Side, In the inn Michelle--- Southwest side, in the alley Gustav----- East Side, On the beach Dominica1-- East Side, In the bar Dominica2-- Northwest side, first house Vic-------- Middle of town, Between the inn and bar Kiriya----- Southwest side, in the alley Touma------ Southeast side, Out in the open Komachi1--- Southeast side, By the warehouses! Komachi2--- East Side, On the Beach Kristofer-- Southeast side, In the south warehouse Seraphina1- Southwest side, in the General Store Seraphina2- Southeast side, In the south warehouse Kolton: ----------- Aya-------- East Side, Inn, 2nd Floor Rico------- West Side, Outside by a house Rucha------ West Side, Outside by a house Edward----- South Side, Near the port to Zala Eugene----- South Side, In front of the Castle Balgabon--- Southwest Side, In the bar Savio------ South side, In the Emporium Michelle--- North Side, In the Church Gustav----- North Side, Right of the Church Dominica1-- East Side, Inn, 2nd Floor, Outside Dominica2-- South Side, In the Emporium Vic-------- North Side, Left of the Church Vic-------- East Side, Inn, Main Floor Kiriya----- East Side, In the General Store Touma------ Southwest Side, Bar, 2nd Floor, Outside Komachi---- Southwest Side, Bar, 2nd Floor, Outside Kristofer-- Southeast Side, Outside by a house Kristofer2- Southeast Side, In the house Seraphina-- Southeast Side, In the house Halgita: ---------- Aya------- Basement Alley, Near the start Rico------ Basement Alley, At the very end Rucha----- Basement Alley, last house, right side Edward---- Floor 2, In the library Eugene---- Floor 1, In the chapel Balgabon-- Floor 1, By the Lively Shopkeeper Savio----- Floor 1, Inn, left side Michelle-- Floor 1, In the chapel Gustav---- Floor 1, By the entrance Dominica-- Floor 2, By the elevator Vic------- Basement Alley, a little ways down Kiriya---- Floor 2, Right Side, House 3 Touma----- Floor 3, Lower left residence Komachi--- Basement Alley, last house, right side Kristofer- Floor 1, Inn, left side Seraphina- Floor 1, Inn, left side |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | SITUATION BONUSES | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| During the game, there are certain events that offer "Situation Bonuses" which are given to you if certain conditions are met. None of these are explained or even hinted at. This list shows them all in the order they are available: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Graad Prison - Destroyed all barricades Reward: ~Full HP and MP recovery!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Graad Woods - Shot down all Burguss apples. Reward: ~Obtained a bottle of blue berry potion!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Luce Plains - Reached Nolaan without being hit. Reward: ~Bonus 500 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Dragonbone Shrine - Found the secret room. Reward: ~Bonus 1000 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Luce Plains - Opened the castle gate within 3 minutes. Reward: ~Bonus 3000 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Castle Prevant - Freed all Burguss soldiers. Reward: ~Bonus 3500 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Castle Prevant - Defeated Lester within 2 minutes. Reward: ~Obtained a yellow and white berry potion!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Sapran - Liberated Sapran within 3 minutes. Reward: ~Bonus 5000 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Sapran - Defeated Semberas within 2 minutes Reward: ~Obtained some granite and steel metal!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Oradian Dunes - Deliver all the unblesseds safely. Reward: ~Bonus 7500 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Oradian Dunes - Rescued Leif without him getting hit. Reward: ~Obtained some panacea and miraculous medicine!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Oradian Dunes - Rescued Gustav without him getting hit. Reward: ~Bonus 8500 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Oradian Mountains - Defeated more than 5 enemies using rocks. Reward: ~Bonus 10000 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Vesplume Tower - Defeated Kron within 1 minute. Reward: ~Obtained some blue berry powder and a giant eye!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Vesplume Tower - Defeated Dmitri within 2 minutes. Reward: ~Obtained some lentesco wood and a down feather cloth!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Zalan Coast - Smashed the chain without being swept away. Reward: ~Bonus 20000 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Kolton - Defeated the mysterious foe within 1 minute. Reward: ~Obtained some blue berry powder!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Kolton - Stopped Edward within 3 minutes. Reward: Bonus 20000 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Halgita - Reached Svala within 3 minutes. Reward: ~Obtained some malus wood!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Dais - Used stalactite to finish Queen Rachnuvus. Reward: ~Obtained some rachnuvus cloth!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Dais - Defeated Held within 2 minutes. Reward: ~Obtained the memoirs of a mage!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Oradian Dunes - Reached Sapran within 3 minutes. Reward: Bonus 30000 EXP! ---------------------------------------------------------------- Castle Valette - Solved Chamber of Elements with no mistakes. Reward: ~Full HP and MP recovery!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Castle Valette - Defeated Saranda within 2 minutes. Reward: ~Obtained some lunatite and some mercurius metal!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Pieria Marshlands - Defeated the dragon within 2 minutes. Reward: ~Obtained a dragon eye and a dragon fang!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Underwater Palace - Didn't finish off Iskan via Capell. Reward: ~Bonus 35000 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Underwater Palace - Didn't finish off Leonid via Capell. Reward: ~Bonus 40000 EXP!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- Lunar Sanctuary - Defeated Leonid within 2 minutes. Reward: ~Obtained some amarlista!~ ---------------------------------------------------------------- |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | PARTY FORMATION BONUSES | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| Certain characters in the game will receive a 5% stat boost by being coupled with certain other characters. Here is the list of those bonuses: Rico----: 5% Stat boost when with Rucha. Rucha---: 5% Stat boost when with Rico. Gustav--: 5% Stat boost when with Aya. Michelle: 5% Stat boost when with Capell. Touma---: 5% Stat boost when with Komachi. Komachi-: 5% Stat boost when with Touma. Everyone: 5% Stat boost when with Sigmund. (Stackable with the other bonuses) |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | THE BEST PARTY | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| For Disc 1, there are a few good choice, and I suggest rotating between them. Rico and Rucha get great bonuses when coupled together, and Sigmund gives a huge boost to anyone with him. Eugene is a great healer after he levels up, and also becomes the best mage. Michelle is the best healer early in the game. Just always remember this; Any party is capable of pulling you through this game. Most characters are balanced quite well and just as capable of slaughtering foes as you are. Here are my suggestions: Capell, Eugene/Michelle, Rico, Rucha -Magic Party, great for killing foes before they even notice you! Capell, Eugene/Michelle, Aya, Rucha -Magic Party with a Sharpshooter, great for snipe-surprises! Capell, Sigmund, Eugene, Michelle -Heavy and Magic, well rounded party. Capell, Sigmund, Aya, Eugene/Michelle -Heavy, Light, and Magic. A little bit of everything. A perfectly rounded party. For Disc 2, there are a few suggestions. Capell, Eugene, Rico, Rucha -They never leave your party. All mage party. Good choice. Capell, Gustav, Komachi -For finding chests, reeling in chests, and breaking cracked rocks. Capell, Gustav, Touma -For running around in the Lunar Rain. This party does not Vermify. For Seraphic Gate Capell, Edward, Eugene, Rico -Until you get Sigmund, this party kicks butt. Capell, Sigmund, Edward, Eugene -This party, once levels are high and skills are Lv.3, will destroy everything in the Gate without Capell even moving. ~Sigmund, bonuses for everyone, Grinn Valesti. Nuff said. ~Edward, strongest Heavy Fighter, great skills, OHKOs. ~Eugene, best healing in the game, only healer with Salvus, best mage in the game, best weapon increases damage madly and gives an MP Regen. Questions? |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | CHARACTER ANALYSIS | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| Every character in the game has unique characteristics about them. Build type, Primary versus Secondary status, Item Creation abilities, etc. This chart represents each of those characteristics, as well as a nifty checklist for you to keep track of your I.C. levels. Character - Build - Type - Craft Skill - Lv1 Lv2 Lv3 Lv4 Lv5 Lv6 --------- - ----- - ---- - ------------- ----------------------- Capell - Heavy - Main - Enchanter---- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Aya - Light - Main - Cook--------- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Rico - Magic - Main - Writer------- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Rucha - Magic - Main - Cook--------- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Edward - Heavy - Main - Blacksmith--- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Sigmund - Heavy - Main - Universal---- Does Not Level Up Eugene - Magic - Main - Blacksmith--- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Balbagon - Heavy - Main - n/a---------- Has no I.C. Savio - Magic - SEC - Writer------- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Michelle - Magic - Main - Alchemist---- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Gustav - Bear - Main - n/a---------- Has no I.C. Dominica - Heavy - SEC - Cook--------- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Vic - Light - Main - n/a---------- Has no I.C. Kiriya - Light - SEC - Alchemist---- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Touma - Light - Main - n/a---------- Has no I.C. Komachi - Light - Main - n/a---------- Has no I.C. Kristofer - Light - SEC - Blacksmith--- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Seraphina - Magic - SEC - Alchemist---- [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] --------- - ----- - ---- - ------------- ----------------------- |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | MAKING MONEY | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| The absolute best way to make Fol in this game is to create items with your characters, and sell the ones that make a profit. There are three items that are widely accepted at profitable: Smiley Charms, Horseshoes, and 100% Berry Juice. Right after Castle Prevant, you can return to Nolaan and start making a lot of cash. Make a party of Capell, Aya, Edward, and Eugene. Level them all to level 3 with simple crafts, then sell all of your creations. Now, buy the following: Sheep Hide, Red Berry, Blue Berry. Buy as many of those three items as you can afford. Have Eugene and Edward craft Smiley Charms from the Sheep Hides, and have Aya craft 100% Berry Juice from the Berries. Once you craft 49 of each, sell them back to the store in Nolaan, then buy back all of the ingredients to start over again. You will make around 100,000 in profit per each set of items you make. Once you reach Port Zala, but before you leave for Kolton, you have a chance to make Horseshoes. These little guys can make you a lot of dough. Faina sells Iron Metal and Granite. Buy 99 of both and craft as many Horseshoes as Edward and Eugene feel like making. Faina also sells the Red and Blue Berries for the 100% Berry Juice, so throw in Aya for a little extra. If you have the online vouchers, the items for Smiley Charms and Horseshoes can be bought anytime; however, even if you don't, these items will become plentiful during the latter part of the game. Craft them to your heart's content, and bring home a wallet full of green. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | JUST OUT OF REACH | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| Sometimes in the game, you will come across an area blocked off by a giant cracked rock, or see a chest that is just out of reach. To access these items and locations, you need to connect with one of three characters to use their abilities. To break cracked rocks-: Connect with Balbagon and use the ability "Gigatackle". Connect with Gustav and use the ability "Explosive Ride". To grab far away chests: Connect with Komachi and use the ability "Honeysuckle. To unlock locked chests: Connect with Komachi or Vic and open the chest. Always make sure you are connected, and always make sure that the character has enough MP to use the ability. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | COMBO BONUSES |~| |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| There are 3 types of bonuses that you can obtain during battles in addition to the normal XP and FOL you get for defeating a foe. These are normal "Combos", "Down Combos", and "Aerial Combos". Combo bonuses are awarded during the fight while an enemy is alive; They can not be earned if the enemy is dead and it's HP is Zero. A Normal Combo appears as a Yellow Number. This involves hitting the enemy multiple times before he can recuperate. Your reward for each Normal Combo is a small amount of AP replenishment. An Aerial Combo appears as a Red Number. This involves hitting the enemy while he has been knocked in the air before he can recuperate. Your reward for each Aerial Combo is a small amount of XP. A Ground Combo appears as a Green Number. This involves hitting the enemy while he been knocked on the ground before he can recuperate. Your reward for each Ground Combo is a small amount of HP and MP replenishment. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | LEVELING UP | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| The basic rule of leveling up: The area next to the town you are currently at it the best place to level. If you are at Nolaan or Burguss, then level up in the Luce Plains. If you are at Sapran or Fayel, then level up in the Oradian Dunes. If you are at Port Zala, then level up in the Bihar Mines and Oradian Mountains. If you are in Kolton or Halgita, then level up in the Cobasna Timberlands or Dias. As the storyline progresses, enemies in each area will disappear and newer, stronger ones will replace them; This allows you to always be presented with a challenge and newer XP. Once you are ready to tackle the underwater palace, then the absolute best place to level up is the Pieria Marshlands. There is even an exploit you can use that will let the game play itself and level you up all night while you sleep! Simply make sure that you have HP Regen items on all of your characters (bring at least one character with high HP to start off), walk into the southern area of the Marshlands with all of the chests, and have Capell walk towards the water. Enemies will continuously walk out of the water and attack you. If your allies are capable of killing them without dying, then all you need to do is stick a rubber-band on your joystick so Capell continues to "summon" the enemies by walking towards the water. You will level up so incredibly fast this way, and if you let it go for 8 hours or so while you sleep, by morning you will be around level 80 or 90. (100 if you use Wisdom Coins!). |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | LEVELING SKILLS | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| It's pretty easy to level up skills, it just takes a lot of time. To level a skill, all you must do is use it, over and over and over and over. To level a character's Battle Skills, you must make sure you set it to one of the two that they can use, as any given character can only use 2 at a time. If it is magic you want leveled, all you must do it not-press-Y in the magic menu, which blocks the spells from being used. A great place to level skills is in Dias at the 3-way intersection up near the top. [The spot where a spider is on the right path, the left path leads to a mimic, and the front path leads to a chest that only Komachi can get]. If you stand on the far left path (before crosses over where the spider-web-path is/could-be), then your allies will attack the spider across the way. The catch is that you are close enough to have your allies attack, but also far enough away that the spider constantly respawns, allowing you to just sit back while your allies level up their skills to level 3. Other than that, just find a spot with lots of strong enemies, and keep using skills on them. Some of the level 3's can knock out enemies in the Seraphic Gate in one shot. Don't neglect your skills! For a list of every skill and spell in the game, check out my Skill/Spell FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/935661/56563 |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | LEVELING CS TRAITS | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| A few characters in the game have CS traits. These allow the character to use certain abilities that other characters do not possess. Here is a list of all of them and how to level them up: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CS Trait--: Bargaineer -> High Bargaineer Effect----: Sometimes gives a discount at stores. Characters: Vic To Upgrade: Connect to Vic, and keep buying things from stores. Eventually, when Vic gets enough discounts, this trait will upgrade. Normally, the discount is 10%; When you upgrade, it becomes 20% off. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CS Trait--: Tracker -> High Tracker Effect----: Sometimes finds random items when there are no enemies around. Characters: Gustav To Upgrade: Connect to Gustav in an area where the enemies have been defeated already. Sheathe your weapon and just stand around for a few hours until Gustav finds enough items laying around to upgrade the trait. When upgraded, the chance that Gustav will find items raises. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CS Trait--: Trapmaster -> High Trapmaster Effect----: Allows trapped and locked chests to be opened safely. Characters: Vic & Komachi To Upgrade: Keep opening trapped chests. There are a limited number of these in the game, so divide them equally between Vic and Komachi if you want to upgrade both of them. When upgraded, Connecting to the upgraded characters allows all chests to show on the minimap. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CS Trait--: Rummager -> High Rummager Effect----: Sometimes allows Komachi to find an extra item when you pick up something. Characters: Komachi To Upgrade: Connect to Komachi and keep picking up items on the ground like fruits, herbs, and berries. Luce plains, right outside of Nolaan, is a great place for this. When Komachi doubles enough of your items, this trait upgrades. Once upgraded, the chance Komachi will double your items increases. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CS Trait--: Linguist -> Cunning Linguist Characters: Eugene & Savio As far as anyone knows, this trait serves no purpose and offers no means to be upgraded. If you have any information on this trait's usage, please get a hold of me at sakurayule@hotmail.com. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | KILL RANKS | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| This subject is touched more in depth in the Enemy Encyclopedia FAQ; http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/935661/56562 The items that an enemy drops completely depend on how you approach a given enemy. Here are the classes of drops and how to obtain them: S Class Drops---: S Class drops are earned by surprising your enemy after having already continuously surprised multiple enemies before it, while defeating them all. (It only takes 3 or 4 constant surprises for the Class to change from A to S) A Class Drops---: A Class drops are earned by surprising your enemy and then defeating them. B Class Drops---: B Class drops are earned by defeating an enemy normally. C Class Drops---: C Class drops are earned by defeating an enemy after being surprised by them. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | PLAYER ADVANTAGE BAR | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| During a player advantage (when you surprise an enemy), a small bar will appear that lasts for only a few seconds. This is, as many would suspect, a countdown bar. The following are the effects of the "countdown bar": - Grants 150% XP from surprised enemy if defeated during the countdown. - Enemy is confused during the countdown and will not attack. - Every attack you do on surprised enemy does x2 damage during the countdown. - Drop rate of items is doubled from 40% to 80%. [Dropped items in each class retain the same percentage, this just increases the chance of an actual drop.] Some S-Rank Clarification: - The bar does -not- grant an S rank. - S ranks are obtained by getting 3+ player advantages in a row without a normal enemy confrontation. The first 3 surprises will be considered A rank; The fourth surprise will become an S-Rank. - The countdown does not mean "S rank expired!" when it is gone. - S ranks will only be reduced if an enemy spots you (this lowers you to B rank). - If an enemy that was not 'surprised' joins in the fight, your rank is lowered back down to B rank; however, the enemies that were surprised will retain the S-rank drops until you either defeat them or run out of range. Killing enemies during the countdown is useful for: - Leveling up. - Gathering S or A rank items a little faster. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | MULTI-PARTY GRADING | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| There are 4 instances in the game where you can use multiple parties; Sapran, Vesplume Tower, Castle Valette, and the Underwater Palace. Once you progress to a certain point, the multiple parties reunite and you are "Graded" on your performance. This is a list of the harmful and helpful things you can do to improve your rank, as well as a list of the rewards. A few tips: -The more characters you use, the better. If you leave a character out, you will be graded lower. -Character levels are important! The higher level they are, the better rank you get. Favor the higher over the lower. -Your gear plays a large factor. Rarity of gear is looked at first, followed by difficulty in crafting. Any unique, non-craftable items will be graded the highest. The hard to craft (ex: Mercurius Suit) items, which of some of the best, are graded very high. The better the armor or weapons are, the better your rank will be. This applies to all characters and is averaged out. -Personal Skills play a large role, though there are only a few that matter. The following lists are the helpful (increases rank) and the harmful (lowers rank) personal skills. Under "Status" in your menu, check each characters "Traits". If they match the list below, they may help or harm you depending. |---------------------------||---------------------------| |SAPRAN ||CASTLE VALETTE | | || | |Helpful Personal Skills: ||Helpful Personal Skills: | |Sigmund - True Leader ||Savio - Linguist | |Balbagan - Enduring ||Eugene - Linguist | |Edward - Thoughtful? ||Komachi - Shady Lady | | || | |Harmful Personal Skills: ||Harmful Personal Skills: | |Michelle - Coward ||Eugene - Nyctophobic | | ||Kristofer - Nyctophobic | |---------------------------||---------------------------| |VESPLUME TOWER ||UNERWATER PALACE | | || | |Helpful Personal Skills: ||Helpful Personal Skills: | |Sigmund - True Leader ||Eugene - Coach | |Balbagan - Enduring ||Edward - Disciplinary | |Aya - Lucky ||Dominica - Disciplinary | |Balbagon - Lucky ||Savio - Cunning Linguist | | ||Eugene - Cunning Linguist | |Harmful Personal Skills: || | |None. ||Harmful Personal Skills: | | ||Michelle - Coward | | ||Rucha - Big Coward | |---------------------------||---------------------------| Each character has a flaw that can lower their stats in battle, and if any of the characters encounter these "flaws", then your rank goes down. Here is a list of what not to do for each character. Follow these and your rank will be higher. Many of these can be avoided simply by never using the Food option. Capell----: Do not feed him fruit. Aya-------: Do not have her fight reptiles or insect type enemies. Eugene----: Do not have him fight in dark areas. Michelle--: Do not have her fight flying type enemies. Kiriya----: Do not feed him anything. Sigmund---: Do not feed him Tomatoes. Edward----: Do not feed him Peppers / Always try to put him with Sigmund in a party. He gets an even highest stat and mood boost than the other characters. Rico------: Do not feed him Vegetables, have him fight bugs if possible, and always put him with Rucha in parties. Rucha-----: Always put her with Rico in parties, do not get surprised by enemies. Komachi---: Try to find dark places for her, Do not have her fight undead type enemies. Kristofer-: Put him in parties with more women, try not to have him fight in the dark. Balbagon--: Feed him meat, get surprise attacks on enemies, and put him in a party with Rico and Rucha. Touma-----: Always put him with Komachi in parties, feed him vegetables, have him try on every mask at least once (his weapons come with a mask.) Savio-----: Feed him sweets, but not vegetables. Vic-------: Do not have him fight aquatic monsters. Gustav----: Feed him fish, do not put him in a party with Capell. Dominica--: Equip her with rare accessories, feed her alcohol, do not feed her sweets. Seraphina-: Feed her soup, do not feed her chicken. The rewards by rank are as follows: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sapran: A Rank Rewards: 3000 XP, 1800 Fol, Metal Fragment, Red Berry Potion, Iron Metal, Crab Claw, Ebony Wood, and two randomly from (Marble, Black Berry Potion, Bronze Ring) B Rank Rewards: 2800 XP, 1600 Fol, Metal Fragment, Red Berry Potion, Iron Metal, Crab Claw, Ebony Wood, and one randomly from (Marble, Black Berry Potion, Bronze Ring) C Rank Rewards: 2500 XP, 1400 Fol, Metal Fragment, Red Berry Potion, Iron Metal, Crab Claw, Ebony Wood. D Rank Rewards: 2000 XP, 1200 Fol, Metal Fragment, Red Berry Potion, Iron Metal E Rank Rewards: 1500 XP, 1000 Fol, Metal Fragment, Red Berry Potion ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Vesplume Tower: A Rank Rewards: 5000 XP, 12000 Fol, Golden Wolf Fur, Steel Metal, Black Berry Potion, Yellow Berry Potion, and two randomly from (Memoirs of a Warrior, Rapier, Giant Eye) B Rank Rewards: 4600 XP, 11500 Fol, Golden Wolf Fur, Steel Metal, Black Berry Potion, Yellow Berry Potion, and one randomly from (Memoirs of a Warrior, Rapier, Giant Eye) C Rank Rewards: 4200 XP, 11000 Fol, Golden Wolf Fur, Steel Metal, Lux Wood, Black Berry Potion, Yellow Berry Potion D Rank Rewards: 4000 XP, 10000 Fol, Golden Wolf Fur, Steel Metal, Lux Wood E Rank Rewards: 3800 XP, 9000 Fol, Golden Wolf Fur, Steel Metal ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Castle Valette: A Rank Rewards: 18000 XP, 100000 Fol, Random Beast Bone, Feeble Cloth, Giant Eye, Holy Water, Mysterious Medicine, and two randomly from (Memoirs of a Mage, "Apocalypse of Darkness", Dominance Staff) B Rank Rewards: 15000 XP, 90000 Fol, Random Beast Bone, Feeble Cloth, Giant Eye, Holy Water, Mysterious Medicine, and one randomly from (Memoirs of a Mage, "Apocalypse of Darkness", Dominance Staff) C Rank Rewards: 13000 XP, 85000 Fol, Random Beast Bone, Feeble Cloth, Giant Eye, Holy Water, Mysterious Medicine D Rank Rewards: 10000 XP, 78000 Fol, Random Beast Bone, Feeble Cloth, Giant Eye E Rank Rewards: 9200 XP, 75000 Fol, Random Beast Bone, Feeble Cloth ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Underwater Palace: A Rank Rewards: 20000 XP, 120000 Fol, Green Berry Powder, Crystallite Metal, Pius Wood, Giant Eye, Lunatite, and two randomly from (Empyrean Cloth, Dragon Hide, Memoirs of an Alchemist) B Rank Rewards: 18000 XP, 100000 Fol, Green Berry Powder, Crystallite Metal, Pius Wood, Giant Eye, Lunatite, and one randomly from (Empyrean Cloth, Dragon Hide, Memoirs of an Alchemist) C Rank Rewards: 17000 XP, 90000 Fol, Green Berry Powder, Crystallite Metal, Pius Wood, Giant Eye D Rank Rewards: 16000 XP, 85000 Fol, Green Berry Powder, Crystallite Metal, Pius Wood E Rank Rewards: 15000 XP, 78000 Fol, Green Berry Powder, Crystallite Metal ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | STOPPING VERMIFICATION | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| There are a 3 ways to stop your characters from vermifying. - Potions - Talismans - Flute Song Potions: There are 3 potions that can reduce your characters' vermification. Lunar Suppressant, Lunar Suppressant X, and Lunar Suppressant Z, all crafted by Kiriya. You can also buy the Lunar Suppressant from the Halgita Item Shop. The Talisman "Moon Drop", crafted by Kristopher, can drastically slow down a character's vermification rate. To craft it, you will need 2 Amarlista, 1 Lunar Suppressant, and 1 Lunar Suppressant X. The Song; Mare Lunaris: This song, when played, will constantly reduce a character's vermification. This is by far the most effective and cost efficient way of doing this. To create this song, Rico must be at level 5 writing skill (preferably level 6), and have a few items. First is the Overture Notations, found at the very top of Dais by the final save point (near the chain). They are in a chest. Staff Paper and Musician's Quills can both be bought at the Halgita Item Shop. Craft the Score and use it on Capell. Make sure to set the song to one of your Flute Slots! |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | MY PARTY LET ME DIE! | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| There are a few reasons for this. First of all, understand that your party members will care about their own safety before they worry about you. If they are being directly attacked and on the verge of dying, odds are, they aren't going to want to risk standing still getting smacked in the face with a sword trying to revive you. Second, make sure you have Miraculous Medicines on your allow-list. In your item menu, you set things to "Use" or "Don't Use" by hitting the "Y" button while selecting the item. Make sure your characters can use them. Third, Vermification. If you've let your party Vermify too many times, the characters who have vermified will have their "emotion" stat for Capell reduced, lowering the chance of helping or healing when in trouble. Fourth, if it's Rucha or Eugene, make sure they have MP to use their Salva or Salvus spells. To raise the "emotion" stat for a character, feed them a food that they like. These can be found under [Skills-> Personal -> Palate]. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | WOOD AND HERBS | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| While Ores and Cloths can be bought anywhere with the online vouchers, wood and herbs are very limited and hard to find. Here is a list of every place in the game where you can find each type of both: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ WOOD ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cork Wood: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Nolaan (After clearing the Dragonbone Shrine) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Sapran Shop (Before you leave for Kolton) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Port Zala) --------------------------------------------------- Lumper Marksman - Luce Plains, Bihar Mines -A Class Drop, 80% chance. -B Class Drop, 50% chance. -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Order Archer - Graad Prison, Graad Woods -A Class Drop, 50% chance. -B Class Drop, 30% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lauan Wood: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Sapran Shop (Before you leave for Kolton) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Port Zala) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Kolton) --------------------------------------------------- Harpy - Luce Plains -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 80% chance. -B Class Drop, 50% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ebony Wood: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (First visit) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Kolton) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Halgita) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (After the assault on Halgita, after you upgrade the shop) --------------------------------------------------- Amigo - Oradian Dunes -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 30% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Hill Gigas - Sapran -B Class Drop, 50% chance. -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Lumper Healer - Bihar Mines -A Class Drop, 80% chance. -B Class Drop, 50% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Lumper Mage - Oradian Mountains, Bihar Mines -A Class Drop, 80% chance. -B Class Drop, 50% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Order Ranger - Castle Prevant -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Scissorclaw Centipede - LOCATION -S Class Drop, 80% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Balsa Wood: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Sapran Shop (Before you leave for Kolton) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Kolton) --------------------------------------------------- Order Markswoman - Castle Prevant -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lux Wood: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (First visit) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Kolton) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Halgita) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (After the assault on Halgita, after you upgrade the shop) --------------------------------------------------- Order Conjurer - Vesplume Tower -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Order Sharpshooter - Halgita -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Tequilo - Cobasna Timberlands -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 50% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lentesco Wood: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Halgita) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (After the assault on Halgita, after you upgrade the shop) --------------------------------------------------- Mandragora - Cobasna Timberlands -S Class Drop, 30% chance. -A Class Drop, 30% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Order Conjurer - Vesplume Tower -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Order Soldier - Vesplume Tower / Halgita -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 80% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Lumper Count - SG Bihar Mines Floor -A Class Drop, 50% chance. -B Class Drop, 30% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Placidus Wood: --------------------------------------------------- Dancing Crossbow - Castle Valette -A Class Drop, 50% chance. -B Class Drop, 80% chance. -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Order Officer - Underwater Palace -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 80% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Alraune - SG Graad Woods Floor -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 50% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Lumper Duke - SG Bihar Mines Floor -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 30% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Lumper Marquis - SG Bihar Mines Floor -A Class Drop, 50% chance. -B Class Drop, 30% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Malus Wood: --------------------------------------------------- Order Sniper - Underwater Palace -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Alraune - SG Graad Woods Floor -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 50% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Mandragora - SG Cobasna Timberlands Floor -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 50% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Order Officer - SG Port Zala Floor -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 80% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Scissorclaw Centipede - SG Dragonbone Shrine Floor -S Class Drop, 80% chance. -A Class Drop, 30% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Tequilo - SG Cobasna Timberlands Floor -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 50% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pius Wood: --------------------------------------------------- Alraune - SG Graad Woods Floor -A Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Forest Rachnuvus - SG Halgita Floor -S Class Drop, 20% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Hill Gigas - SG Graad Woods Floor -A Class Drop 50% chance. -B Class Drop 80% chance. -C Class Drop 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Larva - SG Graad Prison Stairs Floor -S Class Drop, 20% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Larva - SG Graad Woods Floor -S Class Drop, 20% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Mandragora - SG Cobasna Timberlands Floor -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 50% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Order Bomber - SG Port Zala Floor -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Order Ranger - SG Vesplume Tower Interior Floor -S Class Drop, 50% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Tiger Rachnuvus - SG Graad Prison Stairs Floor -S Class Drop, 20% chance. -A Class Drop, 20% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ HERBS ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Medical Herb: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (First visit) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Kolton) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Halgita) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (After the assault on Halgita, after you upgrade the shop) --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Antidote Herb: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Nolaan --------------------------------------------------- Mandragora - Cobasna Timberlands -B Class Drop, 30% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fresh Herb: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Nolaan (After clearing the Dragonbone Shrine) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Halgita) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (After the assault on Halgita, after you upgrade the shop) --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Novo Herb: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Halgita) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (After the assault on Halgita, after you upgrade the shop) --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fructus Herb: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (First visit) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Faina (While she is in Kolton) --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Toadstool: --------------------------------------------------- Cave Rachnuvus - Dais -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Forest Rachnuvus - Plodhif Caverns -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Larva - Dais -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Larva - Plodhif Caverns -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Scirssorclaw Centipede - Dais -A Class Drop, 80% chance. -B Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Forest Rachnuvus - SG Halgita Floor -B Class Drop, 50% chance. -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Larva - SG Graad Prison Stairs Floor -B Class Drop, 50% chance. -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Larva - SG Graad Woods Floor -B Class Drop, 50% chance. -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Tiger Rachnuvus - Graad Prison Stairs Floor -B Class Drop, 50% chance. -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Halgitian Rice: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (First visit) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (After the assault on Halgita, after you upgrade the shop) --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fayel Wheat: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Fayel Item Shop --------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Laurel: --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (First visit) --------------------------------------------------- Shop: Halgita General Shop (After the assault on Halgita, after you upgrade the shop) --------------------------------------------------- Mandragora - SG Cobasna Timberlands Floor -B Class Drop, 80% chance. -C Class Drop, 20% chance. --------------------------------------------------- Scissorclaw Centipede - SG Dragonbone Shrine Floor -A Class Drop, 80% chance. -B Class Drop, 30% chance. --------------------------------------------------- |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | MISSABLES | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| There are a few items in the game that present only limited opportunities to be obtained. While this may not be of any consequence to some people, there is an achievement called "Compulsive" that requires obtaining one of every item in the entire game. If you are going for this, make sure you obtain the following items as soon as they are available: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Instrumental Sword [MISSABLE]! ! - You must have Komachi in your party when you go to Castle Valette. ! ! In the section where another party walks above you on a platform, you ! ! will see a chest. Use Komachi's Honeysuckle ability to grab it. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Emblazoned Sword [MISSABLE]! ! - Given to you by Sigmund; Do not sell this sword as it is needed for an ! ! item recipe to create the Azureal Blade. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Dragon Wristband [Missable]! ! - Created using the missable "Oversized Wristband" as an ingredient. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Oversized Wristband [Missable]! ! - Has a very small chance to drop from one of the 3 Ogres in Sapran ! ! during Sapran's invasion. No other Ogres drop this Wristband. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Capell Doll [Missable]! ![ ] Faina Doll [Missable]! ![ ] Leif Doll [Missable]! ! - Rewards for completing "Promised Doll" sidequest from Faina. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Fresh Herb Tea [Missable]! ! -Created using the missable "Fructus Herb" as an ingredient. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Balsa Wood [MISSABLE]! ! - Balsa Wood is plentiful during the first half of the game. You can buy! ! it from Sapran, and you can buy it from Faina in Halgita until you ! ! return to Port Zala. Once you return to Zala from Kolton/Halgita, ! ! Balsa wood is near impossible to find. Stock up while you can, because! ! there are many recipes which require it. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Fructus Herb [MISSABLE]! ! - This Herb sold in the General Store in Halgita during your first visit.! ! Faina also sells this herb in Kolton on your second visit there. Once ! ! you return to Zala from Halgita, this herb is no longer available. ! ! Stock up while you can, as there are many recipes which require this. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Cell Key [MISSABLE]! ! - There are 3 to find in Castle Prevant; Edward can also craft them. Be ! ! sure to obtain at least 1 before completing the Castle. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Concerto Notations [MISSABLE]! ! - After Castle Prevant, talk to Sigmund in Nolaan. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Suite Notations [MISSABLE]! ! - After return to Zala from Kolton, talk to Aya before leaving for Fayel.! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Capriccio Notations [MISSABLE]! ! - In Castle Valette, there are "Orb Treasure Rooms" which do three unique! ! things. Red orbs create enemies, Blue orbs open the way to treasure, ! ! and Green orbs open the way to the next area. In the second "Orb ! ! Treasure Room", stop the Orbs on blue to open the way to a Treasure ! ! chest containing these Notations. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Eagle Emblem Gold Coin [MISSABLE]! ! - Obtained during "Deliver the Gold Coin" sidequest. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Old Ring [MISSABLE]! ! - Obtained during "The Old Ring" sidequest. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Bone Comb [MISSABLE]! ! - Obtained during "The Memento" sidequest. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Strange-Colored Bag [MISSABLE]! ! - Obtained during the "Lost Gift" sidequest. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Dentures [MISSABLE]! ! - Obtained during "Lost Dentures" sidequest. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Wooden Box [MISSABLE]! ! - Obtained during the "Lost Secret" sidequest. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Piece of Wood [MISSABLE]! ! - Obtained during the "Lost Amulet" sidequest. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Battered Notebook [MISSABLE]! ![ ] Bouquet [MISSABLE]! ![ ] Vase [MISSABLE]! ![ ] Doll [MISSABLE]! ![ ] Rag [MISSABLE]! ! - Obtained during the "Tsunami Junk Pickup" sidequest. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ![ ] Tail [MISSABLE]! ! - Obtained during the "Rat Extermination" sidequest. ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -For sidequest items, please check my Sidequest FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/935661/56565 |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | ONLINE VOUCHERS | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| There are 3 Vouchers you can obtain from Xbox Live. 2 are free, and the other is a pre-order bonus. Voucher A lets you purchase all Ores at any shop, while Voucher B lets you purchase all Cloths at any shop. The pre-order bonus lets you buy 4 special items at any shop; however, these are not unique items; They can be obtained elsewhere. Here is a list of all the items that come with the vouchers: ------------------------------------------------------| | Voucher A | Voucher B | |[ ] Junk |[ ] Rabbit Hide | |[ ] Metal Fragment |[ ] Sheep Hide | |[ ] Stone Statue Fragment |[ ] Lizard Skin | |[ ] Sandstone |[ ] Buffalo Hide | |[ ] Granite |[ ] Silver Fox Fur | |[ ] Marble |[ ] Golden Wolf Fur | |[ ] Ceramic |[ ] Chameleon Skin | |[ ] Metetite |[ ] Salamander Skin | |[ ] Hearthstone |[ ] Glutton Hide | |[ ] Lunatite |[ ] Garuda Skin | |[ ] Quartz |[ ] Dragon Hide | |[ ] Amarlista |[ ] Kenaf Cloth | |[ ] Bronze Metal |[ ] Ramie Cloth | |[ ] Iron Metal |[ ] Barkcloth | |[ ] Copper Metal |[ ] Cotton Cloth | |[ ] Steel Metal |[ ] Linen Cloth | |[ ] Silver Metal |[ ] Silk Cloth | |[ ] Titanium Metal |[ ] Down Feather Cloth | |[ ] Gold Metal |[ ] Damask Cloth | |[ ] Blaze Metal |[ ] Feeble Cloth | |[ ] Prismatite Metal |[ ] Rachnuvus Cloth | |[ ] Mercurius Metal |[ ] Lubricus Cloth | |[ ] Crystallite Metal |[ ] Empyrean Cloth | |[ ] Atlantis Metal | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------| |Special Voucher (Pre-Order Bonus) | | | |Item: Karathos Wristband [Effect: Main Party Xp 100% / Cost: 4500 fol] | |Item: Harvest Coin [Effect: Gold +10% / Cost: 6,500 fol] | |Item: Wisdom Coin [Effect: Xp +10% / Cost: 10,000 fo] | |Item: Monk's Soul [Effect: 0xp / Cost: 100 fol] | |------------------------------------------------------------------------| |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | STAT MAXING | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| This is a very time consuming idea, but it is possible, albeit with the cost of many hours of gameplay. Every stat in this game caps at 2,199,999,999. Yes, Two Billion, One Hundred Ninety Nine Million, Nine Hundred Ninety Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred Ninety Nine. Yes, every stat. While HP will only show up to 99,999 on the screen and most other stats will only show 9,999 in the menu, the actual max value is in the billions. To level stats, you must use the "Memoirs" items, crafted by Rico or Savio at IC level 6 after the writing upgrade quest is complete. Memoirs of a Warrior - MAX ATK+4 Memoirs of a Knight - MAX DEF+4 Memoirs of a Hunter - MAX HIT+4 Memoirs of a Thief - MAX AGL+4 Memoirs of a Mage - MAX INT+4 Memoirs of a Mercenary - MAX HP+20% Memoirs of an Alchemist - MAX MP+20% Each of these memoirs require the same ingredients. x3 Halgitian Paper and x1 Genius's Quill Halgitian Paper can be crafted by Michelle with Lentesco Wood and Kenaf Cloths, both available at the General Shop in Halgita after you upgrade them. Genius Quills require a bit more work, using a Dragon Fang and a Pius Wood. Dragon Fangs are dropped only by Swordtail Vipers (Plodhif Caverns in Normal Game or the Luce Plains floor of the Seraphic Gate.) Pius Wood is most easily farmed in the Seraphic Gate from the Hill Gigas with a 50% drop rate if you do NOT surprise them. Good deal! As you can see, maxing all of your characters stats would take many hundreds of hours to compile enough items. Is it worth it? That's up to you. If you do cap your HP at 2,199,999,999 and equip an HP regen item, you literally can not be killed, even by the Ethereal Queen's most powerful attack. Neat, huh? |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | ITEM CREATION LEVELING | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| Throughout the game, you may want to level your Item Creation skills to level 6; This can be done easily if you know the right tricks. The absolute best time to level everyone is right after Kristofer and Seraphina join your party, but before you return to Port Zala (When you return to Zala, events happen and shops change inventory). During this time period, you have access to all characters, Faina's shop in Halgita, Kolton's Shops, and Halgita's Shops. Upgrading the shops is a good idea, just be sure to buy 99 of every material sold before you do. (Material = Cloth, Ore, Wood, and Herb). First of all, level everyone to level 3 I.C. You can do this by creating any item you want in their I.C. list until they level up. Level 1 items will let you reach level 3 in about 15 minutes. Once at level 3, you have some options at your disposal. Here are the best ways to level up to 6: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ENCHANTERS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ CAPELL: Honestly, Capell's enchanting ability levels up so fast that you should never have a problem with this one. For some easy levels, use these: ATK +20: Enchant this until you are at level 3. ATK +200: Enchant this until you are at level 4. ATK +5% and DEF +5%: Enchant this until you are at level 5. Fire damage +50%: Enchant this until you are at level 6. All of these enchants require very basic Ores and Metals. If you don't have the money or the ability to obtain these items, just enchant something that takes a long while to complete the enchantment. The slower the bar moves, the faster you are leveling up. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ COOKS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ RUCHA & DOMINICA Deviant Fish Platter; Sliced Deviant Fish + x2 Sliced Fish This platter will get you clear to level 6, and both ingredients are available at the Halgita General Shop whether it is upgraded or not. AYA Fresh Herb Tea; x2 Fresh Herb, x1 Fructus Herb This tea will get you clear to level 6. Fresh Herbs can be bought from Faina in Halgita, or the Halgita General Shop after it is upgraded. Fructus Herbs (missable), can be bought from Faina while she is in Kolton, or from the Halgita General Shop -before- you upgrade it. Stock up while you can. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ WRITERS: Rico & Savio "Endless Tale"; "Fear of the Unseen" + x3 Pulp Paper + Writer's Quill This book will level both of your writers up to level 6 very fast. "Fear of the Unseen" can be bought at the Kolton Emporium, while the Paper and Quills can be bought at the General Store. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ BLACKSMITHS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Edward, Eugene, and Kristofer These are the easiest to level up. Craft Smiley Charms until they are level 4, then Horseshoes until they are level 6. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ALCHEMISTS: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Michelle, Kiriya, and Seraphina First of all, have all three of them create as many Quills, Papers, and other creations that they can create. You want them all at level 4 I.C. Once they are level 4, they can all create "Panacea"s. These will level them all to level 6 very fast. Panaceas require: Laurel + x2 Medical Herb + Novo Herb; All of these Herbs can be bought at the Halgita General Shop after you upgrade it. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Do note, these are not the only options to level your characters' I.C. skills, these are merely the specific creations that I found most effective. If you are beyond the point where you can create these or want to try a different way, there are many options, just remember the simple rule: The longer it takes to create something, the more I.C. experience you get for it. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | UPGRADING I.C. QUESTS | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| These are fairly simple quests that allow you to upgrade your I.C. This does "not" automatically level up your I.C. to level 6; You will remain at the level you are at; This merely adds a specific set of creations to your I.C. list. The first time these are available is directly after the scene which follows your defeat of the boss "Dragon" in Pieria Marshlands. To upgrade Enchanting, head to Sapran: Talk to the man next to the chain and answering the following: -During a new moon. -Levan. -Bone Comb. -Burgusstadt. -Faina. To upgrade Blacksmithery, head to Kolton: -Talk to Kristofer and answer his question with "B>A>C". Easy, huh? To upgrade Alchemy, head to Fayel: -Talk to the man next to Savio. Give him a Dragon Eye. The is one Dragon Eye in the Pieria Marshlands chest-area; One can be awarded for defeating "Dragon" within a short time; The only other way is to defeat Lava Gluttons on the Cobasna Timberlands Floor of the Seraphic Gate. To upgrade Cooking, head to Halgita: Talk to Rucha twice and give her the following: -1 Sliced Rare Salmon (Mantifish in the Pieria Marshlands) -2 Prehistoric Meat (Halgita General Shop after upgrade) -3 Pieria Mushroom (Halgita General Shop after upgrade) -3 Sapran Green Pepper (Zala's General Shop after return from Kolton) To upgrade Writing, head to Port Zala: Talk to Rico twice and give him the following: -2 Clerk's Quills (Must use Michelle to make with Placidus Wood and Writer's Quill) -1 Genius Quill (Can find 2 in game, or hunt down Dragon Fangs and Pius Wood) -2 Lunatite -2 Amarlista [For finding the different wood, see the "Wood and Herbs" section of this guide.] |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | BIG DADDY'S BACK | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| An achievement in itself; One you'll surely want to get. Sigmund, the brave character who left your party at the end of Disc 1 can rejoin your party! On the second floor of the Seraphic Gate (Oradian Dunes), there are two teleports into different areas. One of them leads to the top of Vesplume Tower where Shadow Sigmund awaits. He challenges Capell to a 1-on-1 battle to the death, and if you can knock some sense into him, he rejoins your party (though this time around, he becomes very anti-social and doesn't show himself in towns). The battle is very difficult, and HP Regen items are recommended, as well as being level 80+. |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | Copyright - [CpyRght] | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| This document is Copyright (c) 2009 Sakura Yule. This FAQ was written for the intended purpose of aiding people for no cost, any intention of selling this guide is strictly prohibited and will be dealt with. This guide is solely to be hosted at GameFAQs (www.gamefaqs.com) and all other websites which have received permission from the author to host this guide. I encourage people to send me feedback, but only emails regarding this guide or the game it was written for will be read, all other mail will be deleted upon arrival. Thank you, Sakura Yule |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | Credits - [Creds42] | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| Microsoft for creating the Xbox360 GameFAQs! |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| | | Final Words - [Goodbye] | | |~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~| Thank you for taking the time to read my FAQ! If you have another spare moment, please send a quick thank you in my direction. It really makes the time spent creating this well worth it. I appreciate you all and wish you a wonderful gaming time and a joy filled life. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- -Sakura Yule/Sean Yule -End of Document