• TechGuy79 - November 4, 2013 3:37 p.m.

I just built this computer. http://stickystatic.com/build-a-gaming-computer.php I tried the Battlefield 4 BETA and it looked like CRAP. Is that because the Beta was in crap mode? Better graphics on final release?
  • travis-forbes - November 3, 2013 12:18 p.m.

so im looking to build a good gaming pc that will be able to play bf4 on ultra and titanfall when it comes out and atm i have a build im thinkn about but it costs 1200$ anyone have ideas to help make it cheaper and play good its a computer on cyberpower pc but i would like to build my own if it will be cheaper CPU: AMD FX-9370 4.40 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo) Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology HDD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AMD 990FX Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable™ 3, Dual Bios, On/Off USB Charge & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 4 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card TOWER: X-Titan Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ Front USB 3.0, Built-in Fan Control, EZ-Swap HDD Dock, & Side-Window Panel i really want to spend less than 1000$ - 900$ would be great but i want it to be a little future proof for a bit and if you think things need to be changed just let me no and also try to post links if possible
  • vishnumithra-vishnu - November 10, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Try this: PROCESSOR:AMD FX-4170 4.2GHz Quad-Core Socket AM3+ CPU with AMD Virtualization Technology - FD4170FRGUBOX MOTHERBOARD:GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD MotherboardRAM:Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9) COOLING SYSTEM:Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i SSD:ADATA XPG SX900 64 GB SATA III 6 GB/sec SandForce 2.5 Inch SSD (ASX900S3-64GM-C)HDD:WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX GRAPHICS CARD:Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 DVI-I/HDMI/2x Mini-Displayport PCI-Express Graphic Card GV-R795WF3-3GD POWERSUPPLY:Corsair Professional Series HX 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX750) SOUND CARD:ASUS XONAR DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card This what I use it can play any games u throw it in at 1600p full hd and all maxed up in the settings at a plable framerate... and it only costs $957
  • ZachHile - January 21, 2014 12:50 p.m.

Here's a build I put together. The dual graphics cards in there will perform better than the R9 290x for less. The total overall cost for the build (without OS or any peripherals) is $964. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/zachhile/saved/3vin
  • I_Like_PI - October 6, 2013 7:14 p.m.

So I'm thinking about getting my first gaming PC this Christmas, so I was wondering if there are any compatibility issues. For example, I want the NVIDEA GTX 760 instead of the ASUS card in the article. Would this card still work with the CPU and Motherboard that are shown? Sorry if it's a dumb question.
  • SilkOrganic - October 15, 2013 8:24 p.m.

There is no compatibility issues if you install that card however, if you want to run 2 nVidia cards in the future the motherboard must be sli compatible. Email me if you have further questions: andeeswork@gmail.com
  • Gooop - October 3, 2013 7:37 p.m.

Wait a minute... I did some calc work, this turns out to be $1422 WITHOUT keyboard, mouse, and headset.
  • I_Like_PI - October 6, 2013 7:01 p.m.

Everything after the OS was optional, you don't NEED a new keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc. Those are all just nice extras.
  • Gooop - October 13, 2013 3:02 p.m.

Oh, didn't realize that (I'm a PC building noob) I thought the sound card and aftermarket fan weren't optional.
  • Kinnolo - September 25, 2013 8:20 a.m.

Why would I buy an i5, quad core for that much? You can get a Phenom FX 8 core for less at NewEgg. Not only that, for $99 you can get a 2TB 7200 RPM 6GB/s HDD. You can also get a GTX 760 for less than the 660ti. According to GPU boss the 760 outperforms the 660ti in gaming and compute performance. The 760 has a higher clock speed, higher memory bandwidth, uses less power and has a higher turbo clock speed.
  • 98piku - September 7, 2013 2:37 a.m.

Want all latest games releasing on steam? Are you a steam gamer? Then this site "http://steampoints.com" is the perfect site for you. Now you don't have to pay for your steam games. You can get all of the latest games 100% free from steampoints.com :) Join to Steampoints today and get your free game now!
  • Theonlyror - September 5, 2013 7:53 p.m.

I've got an ancient desktop and a really crappy laptop and was wondering if anybody knows how to convert them. If anybody responds I'll put up their specs, thanks for the help!
  • Kinnolo - September 26, 2013 6:44 p.m.

First question, what kind of tower is your desktop? If it's a micro just scrap it and start anew.
  • nachowarrior - September 5, 2013 11:37 a.m.

First problem... Never install an OS on a high density hard disk. It's asking for corruption and bad sectors. Second problem. Upgrades section: An IPS panel should never be used for gaming as the response time is ungodly slow. A 120hz+ tn panel or dlp projector setup is best if you don't want to go back to a CRT. Other than that, an 80+ efficiency psu is worth the cost in power savings over the life of the machine. :D
  • cj-kyaw - July 30, 2013 8:41 p.m.

Please Help! I don't know how to start building this.
  • jh4911 - July 18, 2013 7:58 a.m.

I've recently upgraded my laptop (desktop isn't really an option as I'm travelling alot) and my advice to anyone thinking of going for a gaming laptop is cooling. Make sure your laptop has at least two large cooling vents on the back or side to keep the CPU and GPU cool, overheating can be a serious issue on a laptop not designed for gaming. I don't mind spending quite a lot of money since I use it for work and I hope to keep it for at least 5 years, in terms of money for hours spend enjoying it - it really makes sense. Finally it's worth going to custom builders (smallish in size companies), shop around and look for reviews your investing a lot a money and passion and you should spend a good amount of time before settling. My laptop: I7 (mobile) 4700QM Nividia Geforce GTX 780M 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz (Corsair vengeance) 500Gb HDD (I intend to use external back-ups) Gamut display (a bit more expensive but I really notice the difference) Oh and if going custom ALWAYS upgrade the thermal compound. A brief description of my laptop and will happily offer my experience of buying laptops if anyone wants it.
  • TheRubicon - July 19, 2013 12:32 p.m.

What kind of laptop do you have? I'm looking to get a gaming laptop, but I don't know which one to go for. Thank you.
  • jh4911 - July 20, 2013 6:05 p.m.

Well I went with Utopia computers in the end. There's alot of choice out there and plenty of reviews, so a day or two google searching builds you're interested in is definitely worth it. Really I would say work out what your budget is, work out what is really important to you (I.e. screen size/GPU/RAM/overall appearance), and try to find a model that ticks all (or at least most) of your boxes for the price you can afford. Be sure to decide what you want first though as the cost of customs can shoot up if you just max out everything!
  • TheRubicon - July 22, 2013 8:10 p.m.

Thanks for letting me know! Yeah, there are so many laptops out there, but should I mainly focus on the graphics card and memory card on laptops? I have external hard drive for memory. Can graphics card be replaced if a new game comes out like Crysis 4, which requires high-definition graphics?
  • jh4911 - July 27, 2013 3:33 a.m.

Sure you can replace your graphics card on your laptop. You'd need to know the motherboard used and you'd need to know if there was sufficient cooling available. If you're looking to max out games' settings then spend a bit more on the GPU (graphics card) and RAM. A solid processor is normally fine (I7 or something). Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I also would say that it's probably not worth replacing the GPU for the sake of one game, you'll still be able to play it at relatively high specs.