We Recommend

• GAYMER - July 12, 2011 11:18 p.m.

phhhh whatever, Battlefield and COD both suck! All us hardcore players know that Golden Eye is the best most realistic fps EVER!!!
  • Shanetexas - July 12, 2011 10:50 p.m.

Put it on GFWL. Nothing wrong with bots multiplayer offline with no subscription. Guess who had that? Unreal Tournament series.
  • silvereye - July 12, 2011 10:39 p.m.

@NucularBanana, Team Fortress 2 still does free DLC. In fact, now that its went F2P, I'm trying to get some of my COD loving friends to try it, half of them say it too cartoony and refuse to play it -.-
  • RicePuddingUK - July 12, 2011 10:34 p.m.

No, we don't want them! EA might want a blockbuster seller that beats CoD but as a lifelong fan of Battlefield I don't want it to, otherwise it will be annualfied and we'll have a mass immigration of CoD players who can't play BF for s**t
  • NucularBanana - July 12, 2011 10:34 p.m.

On a completely unrelated note...anyone remember when DLC was free, and it wasn't called DLC, it was called a PATCH.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - July 12, 2011 10:27 p.m.

All the preps at my school say that Black Ops is their favorite game of all time. If Battlefield 3 is bigger than MW3, they will migrate over to that game. Which, I agree with everyone else in saying that it sucks. The same goes for Halo though. I can't play capture the flag anymore because half my team is sitting in the back of the map with snipers. Really I had the flag in the middle of Blood Gulch (hemmorage) just waiting for someone to get off their ass and pick me up in a warthog. I do not want that happening in Battlefield 3.
  • D0CCON - July 12, 2011 10:27 p.m.

@GayforGilbert I've noticed there are more players ignoring objectives, which sucks since the game has been tweaked a bit to make control points far more important for victory than before. That doesn't necessarily mean the new players are migrating from COD though.
  • Zzombie99 - July 12, 2011 10:19 p.m.

Hopefully I'll have enough money to buy both MW3 and BF3, but there's no way I'm paying for CoD Elite. Hey, remember when you bought a game, and everything was actually included with the game? How times have changed.
  • GayforGilbert - July 12, 2011 10:04 p.m.

There has been an influx of CoD players migrating over to BC2 and playing it as though there were no objectives. Nobody guards the control points or M-Com stations, and everyone plays it like it's team deathmatch.
  • FalkonG4 - July 12, 2011 9:59 p.m.

Stat Tracking's always been free, also. That's always been in the game, so I don't see where people are getting the idea that you'll have to pay for that. It's always been there?..
  • FalkonG4 - July 12, 2011 9:58 p.m.

@joshschmitt Yeah, when I was talking about in regards to being similar to Bungie, I was referring to the rendering service. There's free rendering service in CoD as well! If you want more minutes, just like in Bungie's service, you can pay. All the same, no complaints on either. The tournament service is an added bonus, and is great for people that want to pay to play in them. The paid service DOESN'T AFFECT THE GAME at ALL. People are freaking out because for some reason they believe that you'll have to pay to play Multiplayer, which isn't the case at all.. Also, Stat Tracking is free. The ONLY things that CoD Elite charge you for, if you choose to do so, is the Rendering minutes, Tournament access, and you'll get all of the map packs included.
  • joshschmitt - July 12, 2011 9:54 p.m.

@FalkonG4 What do you mean tournament stuff? you dont pay tournament for bungie. Only thing you pay for is the bungie pro which lets you record and download footage of in games. Besides, its already free but the pro service gives you more game time. But this is cod, a horrible game that wants to charge for stat tracking? why? is it because they wanted to pay to play service then realized it would be franchise suicide?
  • FalkonG4 - July 12, 2011 9:48 p.m.

And your reasoning for why it sucks?... If you're going to try and disagree with my discussion at least give a reason for your disagreement, or don't say anything about it at all. Your comment about 'brain-dead' CoD fans is just about as mindless as you make them out to be.
  • MidianGTX - July 12, 2011 9:42 p.m.

Nah it sucks. I don't want loyal CoD fans spoiling BF3 for me though. There are enough brain-dead morons on BFBC2 already, obsessed with their K:D ratio, trying to play Team Deathmatch in Rush mode and doing absolutely everything they can to avoid walking within 50 feet of the objective. Idiots. Give them their crappy arcade shooter with the infinitely spwaning enemies and one hit kill assault rifles, leave us with the people who are genuinely interested in teamwork.
  • FalkonG4 - July 12, 2011 9:34 p.m.

Kind of sick about hearing the negativism surrounding the Elite service. It's really no different than Bungie's service or any other "Plus" service that most games or or companies put out. In regards to being exactly like Bungie, everything is free..The multiplayer, all the game stuff. It's still free and EXACTLY like it is now. Stat tracking, etc. The only PAID service is the subscription for the map packs and for the tournament stuff. Really, it's NOT different than anything else. In fact, it's a deal. You're paying your small subscription fee for the map packs at a lower price PLUS the tournament stuff. And I'm sure whenever you want to stop the service you easily can. Honestly, this is a good thing, it'll connect players with the tournament, let players get more rendering minutes for their videos, and get all of the map packs for one monthly price and you'll retain your maps even if you quit the service. It's great.
  • therawski - July 12, 2011 9:33 p.m.

I'm pretty sure this "new" service was already available to players free since "world at war" Now that I'm hearing they want to charge for this I think it's total bullshit. I'd like to be a fan of both COD and Battlefield, I think it's childish to pick sides when it comes to franchises, you are just limited yourself to fun experiences.
  • Manguy17 - July 12, 2011 9:32 p.m.

title is wrong, should be call of duty will drive "loyal" fans to BF3
  • tabuju - July 12, 2011 9:29 p.m.

awesome first?