Topics

Box Art

• Nocturne989 - December 4, 2012 1:15 p.m.

I don't really mind it. Its not the best, but definitely not the worst. As long as the game is awesome, who cares?
  • CitizenWolfie - December 4, 2012 1:31 a.m.

Yes he was. That's sort of what I mean in a general sense - I've always found it odd that the box art designers bother to put the protagonists on the cover of FPS games when they're the characters you never see (unless the cut-scenes show the characters). Godon Freeman on Half Life, Booker in Bioshock Infinite, Corvo in Dishonored, generic soldier in Call of Battlefield - it's pretty common.
  • CitizenWolfie - December 4, 2012 1:34 a.m.

Bah - meant to reply to a previous comment. Any chance of a "remove/edit" feature on our own posts?
  • Thedigitalg - December 4, 2012 1:01 a.m.

It's box art, who gives a shit?
  • Hobogonigal - December 3, 2012 7:24 p.m.

Yup, I agree with everyone here. Just a bit too generic for my liking. The background is alright but Booker is just plastered there in the middle to hopefully attract CoD / Battlefield fans I assume. They should have put in Elizabeth at least...
  • nickdudelgz - December 3, 2012 5:47 p.m.

Why not something cool, like Idk the motorized patriot or something with songbird.
  • brickman409 - December 3, 2012 5:34 p.m.

it looks like the Call of Duty box art
  • Meleedragon27 - December 3, 2012 4:38 p.m.

Kind of disappointed. I was hoping for something with more of a warped apple pie vibe... yeah, there's a flag burning and the logo's there in all its tattered glory, but... really, they went with the Uncharted posing? I mean, I'm still gonna buy it and all. I just wish the boxart gave off more of a "warped America" feeling.
  • alphakr3w - December 3, 2012 3:04 p.m.

Why isn't there an orange glow on his left side?
  • n00b - December 3, 2012 1:39 p.m.

But where's Elizabeth? I want her on my cover
  • 7-D - December 3, 2012 1:04 p.m.

Fear not.. the triple priced collectors edition with free bioshock toothbrush will probably have more aesthetically pleasing and less jarring artwork. Reminds me of MGS4. The US version (which I have) features this pants close up of Snake's face whilst the UK version (which I bought for my dad recently) has the gorgeously classic illustrated art by Yoji Shinkawa. There's no comparison. Feels a bit insulting to be honest. Maybe the Europeans will get a decent cover while we'll get lumped with this naffy UnchartedShock stuff.
  • 7-D - December 3, 2012 1:05 p.m.

This what i'm talking about: http://4playernetwork.com/blog/2008/06/cover-art-comparison-metal-gear-solid-4/
  • JamesRadar - December 3, 2012 12:54 p.m.

i wish his hair was goofier. can you fix this? can you make a game where i ride a motorcycle in the sky?
  • Redeater - December 3, 2012 12:29 p.m.

I preferred mustached Booker myself. It seemed to fit the time period and it was just kid of strange and refreshing to see someone who didn't look like a poor mans Drake.
  • Redeater - December 3, 2012 12:57 p.m.

Strange, after checking out that "wanted" promo art it seems like he didn't have a mustache. Regardless I'm not a huge fan of the Uncharted style here.
  • Ectoman - December 3, 2012 11:58 a.m.

who cares about the box art, all i want is a mother clucking kick ass game!
  • 7-D - December 3, 2012 11:49 a.m.

Hollywoooooood
  • code_r - December 3, 2012 11:44 a.m.

Horrible, right down the to generic "bro holds gun while fire sparks fade in from bottom half". Like another war shooter, only this time with some pseudo-Nathan Drake design mixed in. Hopefully this gets replaced by something nicer in PAL territories.
  • Clovin64 - December 3, 2012 10:46 a.m.

Like most commenters have already said, it looks a bit too generic with the macho guy holding a big gun. That said, the colour is great.