Topics

WTF

• foxyexplosion - February 3, 2011 8:35 p.m.

HAHAHA this is awesome, I love the oreilly clip. How the moon was formed is literally learned in the first day of geology 101 (rocks for jocks) at pretty much any university taken as a shit easy general requirement credit. Its like he tries to fight facts with cynical negative speculation (<- not a real thing)
  • Lacerate - February 3, 2011 8:26 p.m.

This belief of non-existent moons is just that, at belief, if the person wishes, he can delude himself into accepting it as fact. Don't worry though, this man is just a remnant of a bygone age, he'll die soon enough along with his delusions of magical faeries, non-existent moons, and giant spaghetti monsters. I'm actually surprised some people on this site tried to defend this guy, however; you'll not see any of their arguments worth shit. Please do everyone a favor by doing some online research before posting any comments, lest you risk making yourself look like a fool in the process.
  • Markstone - February 3, 2011 8:17 p.m.

If I recall, the theory of the moon being unique is prevalent . . . if you lived before the 16nth century.
  • ventanger - February 3, 2011 8:16 p.m.

Did he seriously just say that? Ugh. On behalf of all Conservatives, the smartest ones are rarely on Fox news, at least not in their primetime slots.
  • Stridefizzel - February 3, 2011 8:15 p.m.

@kyle94: Look, from what I gather from your previous comments on this thread, you don't want to debate any more than I do, so I'll try and be as brief as I can in response, and then just shut up. And for the record, I appreciate you replying to my comment in a respectful manner, rather than just flaming like a douche. I agree that Bill's comment is incredibly stupid, I mean INCREDIBLY stupid. I laughed when I watched the video and everything. But, to correct you, Bill is not a news anchor, he's a commentator for a news station, not unlike Glenn Beck, Keith Olbermann, etc. These guy's jobs is to comment on the news and give their opinions about it. Sometimes their opinions are really stupid because most of them are too famous for their own good, and they really think that anything they say is automatically truth and when they crap in the woods, it turns to solid gold. I AGREE with you that Bill's comment is particularly dumb, and should be pointed out, but I DON'T think it should be pointed out on THIS website, because this is a gaming website. The next time Bill Maher or Al Franken or some other liberal news COMMENTATOR says something really stupid, even if it's as dumb as O'reillys comment, I don't wanna read an article on here about it, even if a weak tie-in to videogames is made. If Gamesradar DOES decide to do this in the future though, then I think they should balance things by posting articles from figures on the Right and Left sides of the scale. I don't want a political discussion, and I don't want Gamesradar commenting about something O'rielly said, OR about something that Biden said. That is my PERSONAL opinion, that's all. You were right to criticize me on my 90% comment, I will admit that 90% of the people who commment on this thread can't be assumed to be liberals. However, there were many comments made that claimed that EVERYTHING Bill says is stupid (which isn't true, sometimes he does say pertinent things regarding politics), or that fox news as a whole is retarded, and this is an example that proves it, or that people who watch Bill are automatically retarded because they 'obviously' believe everything he says. Bill is clearly very confused about science, but when it comes to politics, he has more knowledge, just like any other news commentator should, whether right or left, and he does make good points here and there. Everyone is wrong about some things, but that doesn't mean they're wrong about everything. This is what upset me about some of the comments I read for this thread. Sorry, this stupid post ended up being long anyways. Just giving my humble opinion, now I'm gonna go play starcraft 2.
  • Corsair89 - February 3, 2011 6:57 p.m.

Dear Gamesradar; I get more than enough unpleasant troll posts on Destructiod. Please refrain from doing it in the future. The internet is already over-saturated with trolls, and I don't want to read them on my favorite website. If you absolutely need to troll, next time do it on a subject that's actually related to gaming. Don't just try to shove in games so you can post it. We do still have forums where trolls are not only tolerated, but welcome. Please remember that for the next time. Yours truly, Corsair89
  • Sniped50 - February 3, 2011 6:50 p.m.

TBH, I can't really see the connection to games in the article. I mean, is he really saying that Doom 3 is c**p because Mars has no moons (in his mind) and therefore it does not represent reality (in his head) and therefore is c**p (in his psyche), or is that just something you artificially put in so you could post it on GR? Still, it is an amusing way to kick off the day, to see him fumble around things he can't understand in a way that proves he can't understand them. I'm sure his fans must be proud...
  • Turboash - February 3, 2011 6:30 p.m.

Haha, what an F-ing idiot... I love how commenting is disabled on the youtube side of the vid.
  • tuomotaivainen - February 3, 2011 6:29 p.m.

Vageta: Nappa! What is his stupidity and ignorance power level?! Nappa: *gasps* IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!1!1!!1111!!1!!!1!! Common.... Seriously? Why would any company let someone like him talk? Oh wait, Activision lets Bobby Kotick do this shit on a regular basis..
  • oryandymackie - February 3, 2011 6:05 p.m.

I applaud this man's ability to ferret around difficult questions.
  • Ultima - February 3, 2011 5:58 p.m.

@Stridefizzel roll a fat one and chill out articles like this are precisely the reason I love Gamesradar, long may they continue
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - February 3, 2011 5:50 p.m.

This wasn't about politics or religion - it was about a hugely popular person with thousands of followers saying Mars has no moons.
  • Mvilhel - February 3, 2011 5:42 p.m.

I'm actually feeling sorry for you amercans. To live in the same country as people like him...
  • kyle94 - February 3, 2011 5:40 p.m.

@Stridefizzel: Yes, there are stupid people in every ideology. But I don't really know of any liberal news reporter on a major news channel, or even any other conservative news reporters on a major news channel who is so stupid that they think that only the Earth has a moon. It's a special case of stupidity that deserves to be pointed out and ridiculed. Also, 90% of the people who commentated are pathetic? Really? Just because of a single comment they made about a stupid thing that Bill said, you're going to assume that everyone who commented are extremely biased and only pick on Bill? At least with Gamesradar you had a point, even if I disagree with it. But a single comment by someone you don't know on a website is no reason to make such a leap of logic to assume that they're a leftist who only makes fun of conservatives and forget about others. This article was about Bill O'Reilly. So people talk about Bill. It would make NO sense whatsoever if someone said "Yea, well, Bill is stupid. But did you hear what Biden said!". If you want a full political discussion, look elsewhere. Don't expect people to bring up non-related subjects in response to an article, especially when you think that doing that makes them pathetic. TL;DR version: Stop insulting people you don't know for a single comment on an article not about stupid people everywhere, but a specific thing Bill said.
  • Stridefizzel - February 3, 2011 5:18 p.m.

Ummm... This seems like a really pointless article. Why the hell is a gaming sight taking the time to make a political slam against someone who has different political beliefs then them? I'm an independent, so naturally while I don't agree with everything O'reilly says, there are plenty of liberals who say even more retarded things, yet gamesradar doesn't post any of THOSE idiotic moments to go along with this one and balance things out. If you're going to make some weird random attack on someone with one political bent, then why don't you attack someone else on the OTHER side of the political scheme of things (Al Sharpton, Al Franken, the list goes on) who make stupid comments all the time as well? I'm sorry, I try and stay out of political stuff, but this article just pissed me off. This is an incredibly one-sided way of approaching politics, and just proves that Gamesradar should stick to games and keep their bias to themselves. I'm also appalled that over 90% of the people who commentated on this article are obviously just as biased as the people they make fun of. It's PATHETIC. Quit going with the popular flow of politics and carve your own path.
  • BarbwireTino - February 3, 2011 4:47 p.m.

I like that Talkradar took a half an hour to make fun of the news for reporting the non-story of the Moscow Bombing being tied to Call of Duty and then in the same week created a non-story by somehow tying Bill O'Reilly talking about moons to videogames. This is both very classy and a great way to unnecessarily piss off a chunk of your readers. I for one always hope that I can read more about political views when I go to any game site. Next week can we talk about religion?
  • CaptainSalmon - February 3, 2011 4:42 p.m.

Also, remember that TalkRadar interview with Shirley Phelps-Roper, i.e. the mum of The Most Hated Family in America? How about a Bill O'Reilly interview? Or even better... Glen Beck. He did once say that all gamers were mindless losers once.
  • CaptainSalmon - February 3, 2011 4:38 p.m.

"How'd the moon get there. Was it luck?" Yeah, pretty much. Except the concept of luck is a human invention which obviously didn't exist back in the hay-day of lil' amoebas (which I'm certain wouldn't have walked). So, um, no? Great now I'm confused.
  • Aletheon - February 3, 2011 3:23 p.m.

The moon was put there long ago by aliens.
  • presc1ence - February 3, 2011 2:56 p.m.

Re: Japanman OR.............. it could be that there is this 'habitable zone' around most stars that IF it has planets in it, the planet will most likely have liquid water and therefore has a higher chance to evolve life. And IF a planet is in this zone..it might evelove life, who will one day be able to pose questions about why there plante is so special...........and instead fo investigating HOW they came be on this little ball of rock. They will be amazingly disingenious, and say it was there speacial invisible buddy in the sky.