• g1rldraco7 - September 19, 2013 4:53 p.m.

I've never been so happy and excited in my life, thank you Henry for making my life better with this list :)
  • Frieza - September 19, 2013 5:19 a.m.

Majora's Mask should be higher up on the list IMO. And I disliked A Link to the Past. It just wasn't that fun to me, and I didn't like the whole Dark World scenario. Most of the enemies in that game just looked silly as well. Can't see why people put it up so high on lists if it's not for nostalgia. :/
  • winner2 - September 18, 2013 8:04 p.m.

I'm so happy wind waker and twilight princess are in the top 3, I love those games to death. Even if they're the only zeldas i've played. I think I liked twilight just a little more than wind waker though.
  • Scoob - September 18, 2013 6:20 p.m.

I was fully expecting an entry for a CDi Zelda game, just as a troll.
  • g1rldraco7 - September 19, 2013 4:52 p.m.

HISSSSSS!!!! NEVER MENTION THOSE ABOMINATIONS EVER!!! THEY ARE NOT CANON!!!
  • shawksta - September 18, 2013 5:34 p.m.

The Zelda series is so vast and great that a lot of people will argue which is their favorite and there will never be a %100 list. Even the biggest have their flaws but we all love them anyway. With that said, for some reason, my brother just didnt like Minish Cap, whether it was the plot or what, he just didnt like it and he blames Capcom :P and as for me, Skyward and Majora are one of my tops. Of course, i didnt play Wind Waker so i cant say anything :P
  • Talvari - September 18, 2013 5:29 p.m.

I can appreciate putting OoT 3D over the original. Because it's pretty much just flat out better for the modern day gamer to play and appreciate. Nice list though!
  • JMarsella09 - September 18, 2013 5:09 p.m.

My favorite is Majora, but I acknowledge that my reasons are entirely personal and that the games not for everyone.
  • Hashbaz - September 18, 2013 2:52 p.m.

Aren't you about 3 games short of just listing all the zelda games? Should have just made an article "All The Zelda Games" and be done with it.
  • GR_LucasSullivan - September 18, 2013 3:03 p.m.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THAT RANKING YO
  • g1rldraco7 - September 19, 2013 4:54 p.m.

You're a Zelda fan? Well cover me in whip cream and chocolate syrup ;)
  • JarkayColt - September 18, 2013 3:09 p.m.

Off the top of my head, the games missing from this list are Four Swords (not to be confused with FS Adventures), The Legend of Zelda (original), Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, not including Crossbow Training and other spinoffs. So, yeah, only 5 that aren't here. But then that is still exactly one third of the games, which sounds more substantial when you put it like that. The problem is that putting Spirit Tracks on a best Zelda games list would imply that it's good. Hurr hurr.
  • shawksta - September 18, 2013 5:32 p.m.

To be fair, and i say this strongly as its subject to opinion and everyone will think different because thats how Zelda is Spirit Tracks is the better of the DS games, Phantom Hourglass's only highlight, is linebeck, otherwise Spirit Tracks blows it off the water in everything else.
  • Hashbaz - September 18, 2013 8:46 p.m.

How could i forget about the zelda CDi games?! That adds 3 more. They should be top 3....
  • megamanandkirby64 - September 18, 2013 2:46 p.m.

Is there no love for the first Legend of Zelda game?
  • RayPaw - September 18, 2013 4:16 p.m.

Seriously! Not only did the original LoZ make every other game on this list possible, it shows more imagination and artistry compared to most (if not all) of the later entries in the series, which have been increasingly formulaic & linear. Maybe you had to be around in '86 to appreciate this, but when you booted up the original LoZ you actually experienced being lost in a (seemingly) limitless fantasy land and had to wander around exploring until you understood ... anything! There was no hand-holding. Miyamoto has said he was inspired to create Zelda by being lost in the woods as a boy ... the original is the only one that captures that feeling.
  • IosDawn - November 22, 2013 11:34 a.m.

Man... I got LoZ for my 3DS with coin or what not... And it's so true. I'm working on a small project myself, and that sense of "oh shit, where the hell do I go now, there's nothing to go only, all that's left is to go explore" is totally what I'm going for now with this.
  • JarkayColt - September 18, 2013 1:32 p.m.

To be fair, this is like having to choose your favourite flavour of ice cream. You just can't. That said, I agree completely with this list... although IMO A Link to the Past is slightly overrated. I probably would have swapped it with TP or even put it behind Minish Cap. But that's just me, though. Most people do agree it's the best 2D Zelda but I just enjoyed Minish Cap more.
  • TheMcFinder - September 18, 2013 1:48 p.m.

can't be as overrated as ocarina of time. that game's clout is fueled almost entirely on nostalgia which is something that i, unfortunately, missed out on. in any case, Link to the Past is the best lol
  • JarkayColt - September 18, 2013 2:43 p.m.

Yeah, Ocarina is good but definitely not the best. I played the 3D games in a weird order (TP -> WW -> OoT -> MM -> SS) and IMO it ranks bottom of those 5 (my order would be WW, TP, MM, SS then OoT.) TP just does most of what OoT does better, so it felt kind of redundant if you play them backwards like that. I'm not saying the game is bad at all though but I would definitely recommend TP over OoT. I never really did get into Link to the Past either, but I can't think why...I should probably give it another playthrough.