• TheGreyWizard - March 4, 2014 11:02 a.m.

Cool list, but I would switch spots between MGS and SotN. Also the lack of Xenogears and The Legend Of Dragoon is puzzling...
  • avery78 - March 4, 2014 3:59 p.m.

I agree Xenogears and Dragoon were amazing games that should have been on this list.
  • gilgamesh310 - March 4, 2014 11:22 a.m.

Dino Crisis and Fear Effect really ought to have been here. Still a pretty good list overall though.
  • SagradongEkis - March 4, 2014 4:09 p.m.

I liked Granstream Saga, Legend of Dragoon, XenoGears, and many other RPGs. But then, due to the abundance of excellent games in the PS console, it's hard to narrow them up to only 50 games. Good list. Though I would swap 1 and 2.
  • winner2 - March 4, 2014 7:27 p.m.

God I fucking loved ripto's rage, that and year of the dragon were my childhood. Oh and digimon world, fuck yeah.
  • newmachine - March 5, 2014 8:42 a.m.

While I agree to the list, Xenogears and Dino Crisis 2 should be there :)
  • wade-harlan-crawford - March 9, 2014 7:23 p.m.

How is MegaMan Legends not on this list?
  • sandplasma - March 9, 2014 8:04 p.m.

Crash Team Racing should have been #5, FF Tactics is overrated as hell!
  • evilscripts - March 16, 2014 10:01 p.m.

No Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Legend of Dragoon and Breath of Fire? is this real life?!
  • mitchel-jake-kanton - June 1, 2014 8:16 p.m.

I have never seen a list include dragoon...apparently it has a small fanbase...:/ best game ever imo though
  • Relayer71 - March 27, 2014 5:45 p.m.

I love you guys for putting Lunar: SSC, FF IX and FF Tactics ahead of FF VII. But really, you could have left FF VIII off the list. Surprised Xenogears wasn't on the list instead.
  • james-r-woodell - March 27, 2014 7:29 p.m.

Am I the only person to have played and liked Nightmare Creatures?
  • harley-mills - March 27, 2014 7:58 p.m.

Why are you using screen shots from an emulator!? Let the chrns know what these games actually looked like.
  • NuAngel - March 28, 2014 7:20 a.m.

I doubt they were using an emulator, per se, but I do suspect they were using a PS3 allowing for easier capture.
  • harley-mills - March 28, 2014 2:09 p.m.

Naw, definitely an emulator. The PS3 doesn't upscale like that. All it really does is smooth out the image a bit. The PS3s that play ps1 games actually have the ps1 hardware in them (or PS2 hardware running a PS1 emulator, I can't remember). That's why they can't do much more than smooth out the image. Those images are crystal clear. Have you ever used a PS1 emulator?
  • NuAngel - March 28, 2014 7:20 a.m.

I would have 2 additions: 1) Warhawk was the first PlayStation game I ever saw in person. FMV cut scenes (reminiscent of Wing Commander III & IV on the PC at the time), huge open areas to fly in fully 3D space. Those stock rocket tails and sound effects that would appear in several other early PlayStation exclusives (Twisted Metal)... instant classic. 2) Speaking of Wing Commander III - the PlayStation version actually got higher resolution video cut scenes than the PC version, and included several minutes of missing footage that help explain why Hobbes turned on his Confederation pilots. The PlayStation version of WC3 has become the definitive edition for many Wing Nuts out there.
  • bigbaluchi - April 27, 2014 5:14 a.m.

No Legend of Dragoon= Flawed List
  • itherion - April 27, 2014 9:11 a.m.

Most of these games I've either played or owned :) I've played or owned most all of the rpgs in this list too :)
  • tedmanbro - June 1, 2014 2:59 p.m.

Super happy to see Soul Reaver. I miss those games
  • mitchel-jake-kanton - June 1, 2014 8:02 p.m.

Legend of the Dragoon NEEDS to be on this list...