• BladedFalcon - April 18, 2012 2:07 p.m.

No arguments whatsoever about the top 3 on the list! I would replace FFIX with FFVIII myself, but that's just a personal preference of mine XD Also, Crash team racing makes it to the list, but not an actual Crash Bandicoot game? *Raises eyebrow*
  • Hydr0ponicK - April 18, 2012 2:33 p.m.

Yea that is odd...
  • shawksta - April 18, 2012 3:23 p.m.

Crash Team Racing but no Crash games? Odd. Nice to see Parappa, I loved that game.
  • SumthingStupid - April 18, 2012 2:15 p.m.

spyro 2 ripto's rage was the first game that i bought with my own money and its still is one of my favourites
  • Brutalicus - April 18, 2012 2:30 p.m.

FFIX represent. I think I played through that game six or seven times. Never got old, and I don't think I ever 100% completed the game either.
  • Asmodean - April 18, 2012 2:33 p.m.

WOW, no FF VII (thank god), Chrono Cross or Xenogears very surprised, but all in all a good list, really good choice on the Top 3.
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 18, 2012 2:54 p.m.

Really glad I didn't see FFVII. I'm still trying to get into it, it's been years but I just can't enjoy it. The Legend of Dragoon IS the game that FFVII should have been.
  • heyitsmarcus - April 18, 2012 2:34 p.m.

Saw Final Fantasy Tactics, then thought man I remember that game. Then I saw the comment about sitting in a circle hitting each other to farm exp, then thought man I LOVED that game...hours spent in an essential circle jerk with no complaints.
  • TheInvincibleDragon - April 18, 2012 2:48 p.m.

One the greatest systems of all time. Enough said.
  • fish94 - April 18, 2012 2:49 p.m.

Probably my personal favourite PS1 game was Digimon World, many a fond memory of that game. Unlike many "open world" games now, which are essentially a few corridors strung together to create the illusion of freedom (I love FF13-2, but even I can't deny that it's no less linear than 13), it actually gave you freedom. There was no proper quest, no "do this, do that", just solid gameplay and the chance to play as you like. Also, you could get a goddamn Skullgreymon.
  • taokaka - April 19, 2012 12:30 a.m.

digimon world 2003 was better in my opinion but I loved the tense moments when a rookie was digivolving and I was like "please don't let it be a numemon, please don't let it be a numemon......." Also digimon rumble arena was pretty fun but it was outdone by 2 in every conceivable way.
  • fish94 - April 20, 2012 1:15 p.m.

I had that problem until I realised having a Numemon meant you could get a Monzaemon, who was pretty badass (: And yeah, I loved 2003 too but I felt it a bit too RPG-ish. Also as a kid I got stuck on it really easily and so got pissed off with it quickly :P
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 18, 2012 2:52 p.m.

This is actually the first Love list I am disappointed in. Replacing Crash Bandicoot with CTR? No mention of Monster Rancher, Tomba, Dino Crisis, Mega Man Legends, and most of all, THE LEGEND OF FUCKING DRAGOON? Dropped the ball on this one, I'm being harsh I know... You guys must have been N64'ers :P
  • metalgatesolid - April 18, 2012 2:52 p.m.

Metal Gear Solid is the greatest game of all tiime. Every character has suck in my mind and for me they are the best in any videogame. Every boss was amazing, the story epic and i actually cared about the ending. Love it so much.
  • AlbVega - April 18, 2012 3 p.m.

As non-PSX-gamer in its original days at least, I can say that FF IX is indeed the best. If you don't take Tactics intou account, that is.
  • AlbVega - April 18, 2012 3:03 p.m.

I still play the original tactics to this day. It is one of the 10 best games ever.
  • Lionsheadbeer - April 18, 2012 3:04 p.m.

not sure why ff7 wouldn't make the list
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 18, 2012 3:06 p.m.

I think it's because it's a REALLY over rated game. There were so many better games of the genre, like FFIX for instance :)
  • BladedFalcon - April 18, 2012 5:31 p.m.

Mainly because it has aged TERRIBLY. I mean, I know most PSN games all look dated, but the polygons in VIII and IX ARE much more easier in the eyes than the ones in VII, same goes for the backgrounds and FMVs. Secondly, FFVII WAS a important and beloved game in it's time, but it really wasn't THAT good. The combat system wasn't the best it could be, the Materia system was shit. And the story goes from great to "meh" halfway trough. And the actual charisma of the characters is pretty debatable.
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 18, 2012 3:07 p.m.

So here's some news for anyone that gives a shit, The Legend of Dragoon will be released on PSN on May 1st. I can't tell you how stoked I am.