• Romination - April 1, 2011 5:26 a.m.

Wow, that assessment of Killer7 is unfair. As someone who's currently playing through it, the controls aren't terrible, they're just strange, and the combat is actually very good and has a strange amount of strategy and timing in it. If you just go through as Mask de Smith it'll seem like garbage, but going through as Dan or Coyote gives you the ability to strategically dismember enemies for their blood before offing them in their weak spot for more. Though the puzzles are kinda lame. By the way, I'll be counting the use of the word "nuance" in here. I feel like I've seen it a lot and I'm only on 91.
  • Anderstmnt - April 1, 2011 5:26 a.m.

umm.... Super Castlevania 4? & Sly 2?
  • ItBurnsWhenIWii - April 1, 2011 5:24 a.m.

no crash bandicoot, jak and daxter, little big planet, or marvel vs capcom? darn i am disapointed gamesradar.com. now you owe me cookies.
  • Crimmy - April 1, 2011 5:17 a.m.

I forgot for a second that I'm a MNC fanboy. WHERE'S MY GODDAMN MNC?! flame flame flame lol ???? Profit.
  • IveGotTheGlow - April 1, 2011 5:15 a.m.

Good article. I don't agree with it 100%, especially number 1, but the arguments are valid. IMO- Wind Waker= #1. I was literally lying in bed earlier this week thinking about starting the game again.
  • Crimmy - April 1, 2011 5:10 a.m.

At first I was like "no Portal... WHAAAAAAT?" but then I was like "oh wait it's #1. WHAAAAT?... Yes." Captcha: insoluble hedmicen
  • Larinah - April 1, 2011 5:05 a.m.

There is really no way to objectively declare the greatest game of all time. If it were me, I'd put Chrono Trigger as #1 with Professor Layton 1 as #2. Both games took genres that were becoming watered down and blew the competition away. To this day, Chrono Trigger is very well remembered, and trust me, it's not with tinted lenses. Meanwhile, Professor Layton to me is a great combination of story and gameplay, bringing back the fun of point and click adventure games we remember from when LucasArts used to be the big man on campus.
  • InGen88 - April 1, 2011 5:04 a.m.

The lack of Metroid Prime and Rogue Squadron II is disappointing. I would give anyone either game considering they look better than 90% of Wii games still, play perfectly, and are amazing. I'm probably biased in that Metroid Prime is my favourite game period. Great to see KOTOR on the list even though I think it could be higher up especially considering that the universe, in game lore, and dialogue is better than Mass Effects in my opinion. It should at least beat Sonic CD and maybe Prince of Persia. Of course this is coming from someone whos listening to the Imperial March as I type this so I might be a little biased.
  • OrionOnyx - April 1, 2011 5:01 a.m.

And Portal should not be the best game ever made... It's not even close. I thought that it was a joke for a second. There are so many better games out there than Portal.
  • OrionOnyx - April 1, 2011 4:59 a.m.

Booooooo! FFVII is AT LEAST on the top 5 best games ever made!
  • AlSwearengenHatesCocksuckers - April 1, 2011 4:56 a.m.

Agree completely on Portal being number 1. It's the most perfect video game I ever played. Nothing about it was short of excellent. Nothing to point to and say, "This was a bad mechanic/plot point/gameplay sequence/etc"
  • juicenpancakes - April 1, 2011 4:55 a.m.

In #28 for Oblivion, it says, "Developer: Bethesda Gameworks." It should be "Bethesda Softworks." I don't mean to be a jackass internet nerd, but I love Bethesda and thought I should point it out. Again, rats off to you guys for this massive undertaking.
  • ChiChiRocket - April 1, 2011 4:52 a.m.

While I would rather Chrono Trigger be #1, I will settle for top 3.
  • BoobleDrop - April 1, 2011 4:47 a.m.

well shit, that's about ten more games that i really need to play. honestly, the best and most convincing list of this sort i've ever seen. it's clear that you guys really poured some blood into this one. and since i feel obligated to point out some game that isn't in here, whaddabout limbo?
  • Wazzle - April 1, 2011 4:44 a.m.

NO MADDEN?!?! But in all seriousness I think Portal is just a giant training level game and does not really bring thaaaaaat much to the table. I would probably not be as upset if Tetris was 1 and Portal was 2. I mean come onnnnn. It's Tetris.
  • Corsair89 - April 1, 2011 4:43 a.m.

Awesome list. I agree with most, err, some of it. I would have added Persona 4 and Valkyria Chronicles.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - April 1, 2011 4:40 a.m.

You're all WRONG! ...OK, I didn't actually read all 109 comments.
  • codystovall - April 1, 2011 4:36 a.m.

like always there will be disagreement, this is why prefer silly lists-how bout next best robots?
  • ice_sneasel - April 1, 2011 4:35 a.m.

yes chrono trigger #3 i loved that game so much on the ds never beat it though. LAVOS IS AN ASSHOLE!
  • g4m3rk1dd - April 1, 2011 4:29 a.m.

i believe that The World Ends With You deserves to be on this list :( even if it is #100 :( it was (as previously stated on a recent article) one of the best games for the DS