• jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 9:19 a.m.

Interestingly I don't like a single game in the top ten other than Portal and Chrono Trigger. And Portal is over-rated. Chrono Trigger as number 1? Yeah I can live with that. My number 1 is Alpha Centauri.
  • Ausuri - December 24, 2013 11:57 p.m.

No Starcraft: Brood War? It has sold twice as many copies of Starcraft 2, became a country's national esport, and is still played competitively even 15 years after its release. I can't think of a game that has done two out of those three on this list, perhaps with the exception of Counter-Strike 1.6 even though this list has CS: Source. More people play 1.6 than Source though (check Steam's game stats if you don't believe me)
  • ProjectAlpha - December 30, 2013 7:34 p.m.

I hate Portal
  • ProjectAlpha - December 30, 2013 7:35 p.m.

This list is rubbish. Yea, stupid COD 4 definitely beats MGS3
  • joe-blows - January 17, 2014 12:51 p.m.

Hold on there, Metal Gear is a completely different type of game. Not shoot em up fast paced camping practice, it's more about the stealth and story. Oh and your portal comment has just been reported to the fanboy administration, expect a visit from your neighborhood bully (j/k) And yes, this list is rubbish.
  • TheGooseinator - December 31, 2013 4:55 p.m.

Even though the list is awesome right now, in the next update it'd be cool to see Mirror's Edge and Kirby Super Star included. Also, Lucas, fight for DKC! FIGHT FOR IT!!!
  • AiSiiJuu - January 1, 2014 6:22 a.m.

Tell me why is DOOM not in this list!
  • AiSiiJuu - January 1, 2014 6:34 a.m.

Also, if COD 4 is in this list, WHY NO F#CKING DOOM!!!
  • james-repass - January 1, 2014 4:53 p.m.

Baldur's Gate Series should have been in the top 10, and isnt even on the list. Every RPG today is judged by Baldur's Gate
  • Tesfai37 - January 10, 2014 5:03 a.m.

I think this list is missing a lot of vital games. Therefore my top 5 games. #1 legend of Zelda: ocarina of time #2 super mario brothers 3 #3 chrono trigger #4 super metroid #5 paper boy Other contenders for my top spots Super Mario kart Fable Castlevania Portal Call of duty 4 Assassins creed
  • joe-blows - January 17, 2014 12:35 p.m.

I like your version of the article a lot better..... It's a dick move to turn 100 things into separate pages when you could make a list and let us skim them. Also, there are a lot of good games missing from this list. I guess their list was created off what they could afford to play when growing up rather than what they've discovered in their adulthood.
  • FreyaFox - January 10, 2014 1:16 p.m.

WHERE THE HELL IS FINAL FANTASY 7???? No Skyrim? OK, I have no respect for this list.
  • emma-moreland - January 31, 2014 9:37 p.m.

Skyrim was on the list. It was higher up on the list. It was: "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim."
  • hfm - March 8, 2014 11:08 a.m.

Skyrim is in there representing the entire Elder Scrolls Series.. I see what they did with this list, but it ultimately is just click bait and comment fodder.
  • zpfi6 - January 10, 2014 4:25 p.m.

utterly pretentious crap, but then again opinions will always be subjective. See, I can use long words too, it was a hard read to be honest, regardless of the content
  • burnandbleed666 - January 14, 2014 8:46 a.m.

I actually extremely dislike this list coz it is missing sooooooo many amazing games and where the hell is Borderlands??
  • jordan-court - January 23, 2014 12:26 p.m.

Is this just a troll or did they actually just say the Portal series are the best games ever, that is something I like to refer to as a wild opinion.
  • john-blaze - January 29, 2014 12:30 a.m.

This is the worst top games list ever made.... although they've been repeatedly mentioned, I have to mention them again: Doom or Doom 3, Ocarina of Time, Madden 07, Golden-Eye, MORTAL Kombat 1 or 2, San Andreas, GTA 3 (prob the best of the franchise), NBA 2k5, MVP Baseball 2005, Donkey Kong Country 2, Banjo-Kazooie, Krash Bandicoot, Spyro, Marvel vs Capcom 2 (on the original release, MVC3 didn't even have Venom or Ken), Street Fighter 1, F.E.A.R., Fatal Frame 2, Dark Insanity 2, RE: Code Veronica, Gran Turismo 2, 3, 4, or 5, Smackdown Here Comes the Pain or Just Bring It, the WCW games on 64, and there are dozens more, but I'm so distraught these weren't on the list that I may have forgotten some to mention. But this list sucks and the people who made it obviously missed some moments in history.
  • sam-george - February 25, 2014 8:52 a.m.

So what you are saying is that your opinion is better than the person who wrote this?
  • hfm - March 8, 2014 11:06 a.m.

I agree.. they did preface it with some hacky comment about "if you had to play them TODAY" .. Doom was revolutionary but I'm not 100% sure it would still be as fun as some of the other pure action 3D shooters. It's hard not seeing the Doom (was Quake in there?) series represented somehow .. but I do agree if you have to pick 100 games and you wanted to still have fun with them RIGHT NOW perhaps Doom shouldn't be there.. The Title of the article should be "Top 100 games if you played them today, not all time"