• jacob-stan-blazkowicz-venable - October 28, 2013 7:45 a.m.

I can wholeheartedly agree with some of these games: Super Metroid Metroid Prime Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Chrono Trigger Final Fantasy Tactics Final Fantasy X Pokemon (though my personal favorite generation was Gen 2) League of Legends However, there was one very major error in this list and is SEVERELY disappoints me. There was one game you failed to put on here and anyone who calls themselves a true gamer would agree with me. Doom Nobody, I mean NOBODY, who calls themselves a true gamer could deny the fact that Doom needs to be on this list. I needs to be in AT LEAST the top ten, if not the top three. While it was not the first FPS game, it was certainly the one that made FPS popular and if it weren't for Doom (which is still religiously played and modded to this day), your precious Call of Duty would be non-existent. Do yourselves a favor and download GZDoom, the WADs for Doom, Doom 2, and Final Doom (about $10 -$15 on Steam), and the Brutal Doom mod pack, and play it. You will thank yourselves.
  • GodxGundam - October 30, 2013 1:57 p.m.

Felt like Chrono Trigger would be No. 1
  • grayson-snoeyer - October 30, 2013 3:31 p.m.

WHY WASN'T SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS ON THE LIST?! It is the best game I have ever played. This is an outrage.
  • Fantomas - October 30, 2013 4:03 p.m.

Well, true. It's only number 4 on the list. It's just like it wasn't even here, right ?
  • ejaket - October 31, 2013 10:25 a.m.

Excuse me, but why was Ocarina of Time not on the list at all? If you're going to drop two Legend of Zelda games in the top 10, one of them has to be Ocarina of Time
  • freeden - October 31, 2013 2:54 p.m.

I can agree to this. I may not like the Zelda series much, but I do recognize that this is one of the best games ever made.
  • freeden - October 31, 2013 2:53 p.m.

Of all the GTA's, GTA IV? It's easily the weakest of the series since III. Vice City and San Andreas top it in every way, except graphics. I'm also surprised to see Human Revolution top the original, which is still one of the greatest games ever made. There are a number of games here I haven't played, have no interest in, or are surprised to see here, a few of those surprises being pleasant, namely To The Moon, which I would also easily put in a Greatest Games Ever Made list. And so thankful there's none of the usual BS, like FFVII, included here.
  • Mdgeist316 - November 14, 2013 11:18 a.m.

I can agree with this. Even with the release of GTAV, I still think that Vice City is still the greatest GTA ever.
  • Zelam42 - November 3, 2013 2:25 p.m.

Where's The Neverhood? That was one of the finest and funniest point-and-click adventure games (right alongside Grim Fandango and the Monkey Island franchise) ever made.
  • Oujisama - November 6, 2013 10:18 p.m.

Ima go ahead and guess that Portal is number one right away.
  • skirmisher-phoenix - November 7, 2013 11:07 a.m.

Yeah, it was. Gamesradar is a sucker for Valve games, alright. I mean, Portal is not a bad game by any means, but the best game ever?, no.
  • debroize - November 6, 2013 11:07 p.m.

I think Mirror's Edge should be on this list. Regardless of whether you loved it or hated it, it did something genuinely innovative and daring with the first person template. And it gave us a great protagonist.
  • gilgamesh310 - November 12, 2013 5:47 a.m.

Just how exactly is Faith a great protagonist?
  • Justice98405 - November 7, 2013 7:28 a.m.

I love your site and many of your articles and reviews, but I have to say, this is a HORRIBLE list. There's a LOT of omissions (System Shock to say the least), but I'll give you three of the BIGGEST. Star Control II/The Ur-Quan Masters, quite possibly the best game ever made to this day, not even on the list. NOTHING from the Ultima franchise, and I would go with Ultima V: Warriors of Destiny, but others might go with Ultima VII. And Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, one of (if not outright) the BEST adventure games of all time. None of them anywhere on this list. I know it's very tough to make a list like this, and 100 seems like a lot, but I cannot stand by this list. At ALL. Still love the site, but this is a disappointment.
  • udUbdaWgz - November 7, 2013 2:58 p.m.

i am honestly stunned. i have never read a "best games" list that i disagree with more. i am currently speechless.
  • usmovers_02 - November 9, 2013 8:47 a.m.

Best games of all time to me implies that the games on this list should STILL play very well. So putting some of these older games like Half Life 2 on the list really doesn't make sense (seriously, go play HL2 unmodded right now. The gunplay is plain, the level design is lacking, the puzzles are terrible, there's nothing special about the story and Alyx doesn't bring anything to the table that hasn't been done much better since). I can forgive things like Burnout Paradise being listed above Forza 4 because that's a matter of preference but Burnout 3: Takedown doesn't even make the list? I AM glad to see that GR recognizes that GRID 1 is better than 2 though. Also, play Halo 3 and 4 side by side. There's no way in hell H4 is better. And how in the world is Mass Effect 2 listed above 3?!? ME3 improves the controls, the graphics, adds fun MP and the story is at least as good until the ending. But was ME2s ending really any better? I mean what was so special about ME2s ending? Love your pick for #1 though I do disagree.
  • rayjaymor85 - November 12, 2013 1:31 a.m.

Best games of all time suggests just that: of ALL time... not just what can be played right now. Half-Life 2 was a massive leap forward at the time. I largely agree with your other comments though. Still.... how the god damn f**k did Doom not make this list!?!
  • sephex - November 15, 2013 3:46 a.m.

"First, some ground rules. Our list ranks the best games to play today, and that's also why we refresh this list every year."
  • pathompong-danklai - November 12, 2013 10:05 a.m.

Prince of Persia Sand of time trilogy!!!!
  • Shnubby - November 13, 2013 12:37 p.m.

No Shenmue :(