• jdlee916 - June 19, 2013 11:11 a.m.

NO! You guys didn't even have Final Fantasy VII! Which should have been number 1! Come on! Make Portal number 2!
  • whatwhatnthebut - June 19, 2013 2:08 p.m.

Yeah.. How about "Ocarina of time" I mean the game was perfect!
  • Game_lover-1 - June 20, 2013 7:38 a.m.

But...but... what about Garrys Mod? Battlefield 3? Killzone 3? Heavy Rain? Portal 2? Fallout New Vegas?! I LOOOOOVED Fallout New Vegas!
  • ichimaru-gin - June 21, 2013 8:51 a.m.

what the hell is this list? (almost choked at number 23. Tetris DS (2006)) there is NO mario game that can be considered a game, all mario games are crap in gameplay, crappier story. the rest of the list is somewhat good, however they forgot a number of games: devil may cry 3 & 4 metal gear 4 tales of the abyss chaos legion crash team racing (and crash in general) Final fantasy 7 Vagrant story and if u want 2d games: disgaea 2 & 3 & 4 BlazBlue: CT / CS atelier iris 2 contra for famicom
  • Ives - July 13, 2013 11:57 p.m.

I'd argue the first disgaea instead of the following 3. 2 was decent, 3 and 4 were garbage in comparison. Also I'd throw in guilty gear x2 for the ps2 over calamity trigger, much better game overall. FF9, tales of phantasia, mgs 2 substance, and shadow hearts 1 Also, chaos legion is a very mediocre game
  • Heimdaahl710 - June 23, 2013 10:40 a.m.

WTF is tetris doing there an pacman, thier revolutionairy fo the game industry, but that's nothe same as being he best game oreven close. i'm glad that ME 2 was metioned, great story,shold be higher on the list. missME1 on th list tho. i do not understand why WOW is on th list,yeah it was the most plpayed game,in a period, but crappy story, engine nothin special, gameplay we hav seen that before, sondeffects/ background, wanna kill yourself after an hour and nw we shall not menion the design, ohh dear loooord. SWTOR is 10 timess better than WOW atleast, so lps remove WOW and put SWTORin instead. and wher is Dawn of war 1,my favorit stratagy game, for not mentining AoE 2, and wwhy is star craft that low. when i think about the best game i think aboout a game that exceles in ost of the categories, an portal 1? wtf, must sat graet engine, raelly great,but story bad, gameplay just fine, design is nothing biggy, sond nothing biggy ect. and i do not thnk it's pusle's is so good that al the rest dos'nt matter.let's take he new tomb raiberas an exampple,great design, gamplay, engine, sound, perfect AI for that kind of game, greatt graphics.it just dos'ntmak sens to me, when portal got so feew facttors wher the game exceles.
  • joshjet99 - June 26, 2013 8:09 p.m.

^^^^^Someone translate this please^^^^
  • joshjet99 - June 26, 2013 6:19 p.m.

everyone has their opinions, i know, BUT........ Come on, Where's Farcry 3? Portal 2?
  • manolo-dacasa - June 28, 2013 1:27 p.m.

This list is bullshit, no Ocarina Of Time, Twilight Princess, Tomb Raider, Super Mario.
  • veysel-fid - July 23, 2013 10:15 a.m.

Number 5. : Representing: The 3D Zelda games
  • john-blaze - January 29, 2014 3:58 a.m.

yet there are like 3 or 4 Final Fantasy's tho... so I guess one represents the Odd # FFs and one represents the even #s?
  • Rayman1995 - July 2, 2013 3:20 p.m.

This list is shit. Like seriously, where the fuck is Rayman (1995) and Crash Bandicoot and Spyro?
  • aidan-moran - July 3, 2013 1:05 a.m.

This list is very bad. Some of the Missing Titles: -Kingdom Hearts -Ratchet and Clank -Jak and Daxter -Civ 4 (much better than Civ 5) -Final Fantasy VII -Splinter Cell -LA Noire -Mass Effect -Super Smash Bros Melee -Thief 1 or Thief 2 -Two Worlds 2 -Oblivion -Morrowind -GTA: San Andreas -Bully -Far Cry 3 And I could go on and on. Also, some of the games that should not be there: -World of Warcraft. This is only included on the list because it was popular. Everyone knows that it is just a boring copy of Everquest 1 (the developers practically admit this) that doesn't even take the challenge or spirit of the original everquest. Not only that, but it looks extremely ugly and outdated in comparison to Everquest's predecessor, Everquest 2 (which actually came out several months before WoW). -Civ 5. It over simplified Civ 4, getting rid of the entire religion system, and so many other things. The only thing it improved on was combat, other than that it is worse in every category. -Skyrim should be much higher than 52 -Pokemon is a good game, but choosing Black/White is not a good choice. I personally prefer the Silver/Gold/Crystal (2nd) gen, but the first gen would have been acceptable as well. -Tetris DS at 26? haha. -Halo 4 is the worst in the series. The combat and over all experience of the world in the previous Halo games was better, and the series just feels like the story is being dragged out so that microsoft can continue the franchise longer than it was meant to. There are so many other things wrong with this list, but I am done for now.
  • TheDovahkiin - July 10, 2013 7:12 p.m.

I agree with all the points you made except for 1. Halo 4 was not the worst in the series, in my opinion it'd be between halo 2 and odst.I understand that microsoft is dragging the story out for money, but this is nothing new, this has been going on since odst.
  • josh-pay - July 5, 2013 2:03 p.m.

um... Legend of Dragoon?
  • Dan58462 - July 14, 2013 2 a.m.

So glad to see Shadow of the Colossus right up thhere, epic game! And to all you idiots saying that Ocarina of Time isn't there or Civ4 is better than Civ 5, if you look underneath the article on each game it says, for example, "Representing the 3D Zelda series". Just because the people who made the list might have rathered Wind Waker to Ocarina, it's still representing the whole epic series.
  • Kresmarine - July 16, 2013 8:09 a.m.

So...By that logic...There shouldn't be more than one Final Fantasy game on that list yet there are several.
  • Kresmarine - July 16, 2013 8:29 a.m.

Okay, this list, while it is allowed to be personal, it misses out some great games. Here are just some that need to be thrown in there somewhere (They're my personal top 3, in no particular order I might add, so I'm exaggerating a little in some people's eyes) Kingdom Hearts 2: Oh Sora...You're such an idiot sometimes yet you're such a BADASS!!! I mean seriously, Sora is the dumbest character out of the main trio of Kairi, Sora, and Riku but you just can't help but love him. He never wants to do the wrong thing, he's kind beyond belief and even considers Roxas, an empty husk made from Sora himself, to be his own person. Besides our loveable idiot of a protagonist, the gameplay, OH THE GAMEPLAY! I've logged 100 hours into this game and I'm still going just because of the rush I feel when I rush through a group of enemies in Master or Final form and absolutely annihilate them. The combat is fast and fluid, Sora can jump around and chain together combos on enemies as easy as hell and it is a great game for those who are new to the beat-em-up genre of games as it isn't too harsh on the casual gamer in terms of difficulty. Crash Team Racing: Hilarious gameplay, the racing was smooth and it allowed for some serious fun. Each track was unique, featuring a different theme and character for each one (Barring two courses which have a stadium setting.). It's also the only real racing game that I decided to complete twice over just because I loved how goofy some of the characters looked. Final Fantasy XII: Man, the number of hours I've thrown into this game. I'm still playing it as I write this. This game has had me hooked for years just because of how vast and beautiful the worlds are. Go to Giruvegan and just marvel at the stone work around you, go further and find the Great Crystal, I spent about 30 minutes just staring at it when I first saw it. The combat is great, you can flow from exploration to battle and vice-versa, you can speed it up or slow it down to suit your play style and the amount of things to experiment with... I could go on for hours about this game and still not do it justice. The Superbosses in this game, while massive tests of your patience, are quite satisfying in the end. I fought the Hell Wyrm (Roughly the 3rd strongest boss in the game) for over an hour and when I was done I felt like running outside and screaming to the world that I HAD JUST BEATEN THE HELL WYRM!
  • jodine7 - July 22, 2013 3:31 a.m.

"Incredible" Arkham Asylum? Yeah because {spoiler} repetitive boss battles, awesome combat, and Joker turning into a monster are factors that make a game "incredible", right? Metal Gear Solid 3 is LOWER on the list than City.......and no Ocarina Of Time? Don't kid yourself.
  • pukka-pie - July 23, 2013 8:01 a.m.

Sigh... Uncharted 2 is the single most overrated game of ALL TIME. The characters were shit; Chloe was an annoying twat, 'Nate' was a sarcastic, genocidal cunt, I mean he went on a killing spree because.... errr... because some bland English guy betrayed him and 'Nate' wanted his grubby mitts on the treasure. The plot was dire, I mean what the hell were those Goat men you have to fight half way through? It's like they wanted to inject a supernatural edge, just like Indiana Jones does so well but it fell absolutely flat because it made NO SENSE. And the bad guy? A bald, scarred Russian... Oh it must have taken so so long to come up with that! It all felt like a terrible rip off of Tomb Raider (which is ironic considering the new Tomb Raider is a terrible rip off this bilge). Now lets talk about the gameplay... there is NO variation... at ALL... you are literally on a 20 hour slog, you clear one area, you move on, clear another area, move on, clamber around like a shaved chimp for 2 minutes, clear another area, clear another area, clear another area, clear another area, clear another area, clamber around, clear another area, clear another area, solve some "puzzle" (of course the solution is SHOWN to you in that book he carries around). I mean there are no boss fights, there are no interesting weapons, there are a very very very limited type of enemy (some have armour! Hmmm, how inventive!). Not to mention those half arsed sneaking sections, I mean what an appalling bore they were. And the way when you enter a new area Chloe will whisper 'Nate... lets try and sneak through', but wait a minute...! YOU CANNOT GET THROUGH BY SNEAKING! You WILL be seen! And the pithy little grenades. And the way he stands up out of cover when you aim to the side. And the fact that Nathan can absorb bullets like a sponge. Pure and simple, Sony wanted a Gears of War of their own so hyped this junk up as much as was physically possible and you're all so so so gullible that you take what the critics say as bona fide fact, ignoring the fact that this game did NOTHING well (except graphics). Rant over. Shit game.