• Shinespark428 - April 3, 2011 8:16 p.m.

Also Killer Instict and Cave Story, oh and please add an "edit comment button" Gamesradar. This didn't have to be 3 posts.
  • Shinespark428 - April 3, 2011 8:03 p.m.

And possibly Pokemon Silver and Timesplitters 2. Also, as much as I enjoyed Portal, it's the video game equivalent to an EP. It doesn't feel as long as most full length games. Same with Batman: Arkham Asylum. I'm long over those, and I had at least as much fun with Mass Effect 2, which laster WAY longer.
  • Shinespark428 - April 3, 2011 7:58 p.m.

Congrats, you just gained a new poster due to the incredible amount of fanboy rage this list caused me. Now, I don't know how many of these you COULDN'T put on the list, but here's a list of some of the games that were probably qualified enough that DIDN'T make the list. Metroid Prime, Legend of Zelda: OoT (it's more of an evolution than Twilight Princess), Nightshade (NES), Crystalis, Megaman X, Civilization IV,Banjo Kazooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Castlevania IV, Contra IV, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Super Mario World, Journey To Silius, Blaster Master, Mario Paint, Wario Land 3, Shantae, Crazy Taxi, SSX 3 and SSX Tricky, Final Fantasy IX, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Phantasy Star II and IV, Shining Force I and II, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy Adventure, Streets of Rage, Dead Rising, Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica, friggin' Goldeneye (how many people will still be playing Halo 3 15 years later), Dead or Alive IV, Earthworm Jim 2, Star Fox and Star Fox 64, Eternal Darkness, Sanity's Reqium, Jet Grind Radio, Revenge of the Shinobi, and Shinobi 3.
  • Jorw - April 3, 2011 6:13 p.m.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they just forgot about Metroid Prime. There's no way anyone would say that ALL of these games are better than it.
  • gmknoble - April 3, 2011 4:39 p.m.

Sexcellent
  • DateWithDensity - April 3, 2011 4:36 p.m.

Good article, but I don't agree with the number one spot at all. You argue about games that can still be played and enjoyed in this day and age, but considering the length of Portal, I'd bet you'd remember all the answers to the puzzles, therefore the feeling of satisfaction felt on the initial playthrough wouldn't be there anymore. Of course, this can be said for a lot of games, and since my favourite is amongst this list (Okami) I think I'll shut up now. XP
  • Mackly - April 3, 2011 4:29 p.m.

I'm glad many of my favorites liek minecraft, counter-strike, and tf2 got in this list.
  • kiba640 - April 3, 2011 3:57 p.m.

No Monkey Island? I am deeply saddened but I guess that there was a reason for it not to be put in....
  • sternparez - April 3, 2011 3:15 p.m.

man this took me a good hour and a half, I disagree with a lot of it (Halo, Gears, Assasins Creed and God of War ahead of MGS3 puh-lease!) but it was one hell of a read
  • sohaibifikhar - April 3, 2011 12:38 p.m.

Grawsome list GamesRadar... This list is what made me join you guyz!!!
  • Ulukai - April 3, 2011 12:14 p.m.

This list needs more: Thief II - One of the best stealth games of all time X-Com: Enemy Unknown - One of the best stratedgy games of all time. Monkey Island - When you think adventure games you think Monkey Island. Not forgetting: Timesplitters, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Unreal Tournament, The Longest Journey, Duke Nukem 3D, Wipeout HD, LittleBigPlanet, Dino Crisis, bla bla, bla bla bla, blaaaaa blaaa, etc, etc. But most importantly Outcast! No seriously it was quite the revolutionary title at the time... its just hardly anyone played it. It was the Okami of its generation. =(
  • pka4lif - April 3, 2011 6:56 a.m.

when is the podcast of the debate being posted. Very much interested in hearing that convo!
  • secretsearcher - April 3, 2011 5:26 a.m.

I lied. I have one more thing to say. I wish there was a Sly Cooper game on this list. Because there will never be another game protagonist, ever, as likable and genuinely funny as Sly
  • secretsearcher - April 3, 2011 5:23 a.m.

I have but one thing to say: Chrono Trigger, the best RPG of all time? FUCKING YES :DDDDD
  • Jayjay77 - April 3, 2011 4:23 a.m.

Kingdom hearts better be on this list.
  • lionmaru - April 3, 2011 4:12 a.m.

F**k yeah! I've lost the count of how many times I've played Chrono Trigger in my life, the best rpg ever made... From western developers, Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Mass Effect are the sacred triad...
  • cuorebrave - April 3, 2011 3:48 a.m.

I'm sorry, but if we're going all the way back to 1988 to pick some of these games, it's INEXCUSABLE that Star Control II doesn't get some love. And with a good chance Activision will give the original developers a shot at making a TRUE sequel, a mention in this Top 100 list would have been a huge bonus for fans of that masterpiece... so many of today's sci fi games get their cue from SCII, it's ridiculous to put Mass Effect on here without mentioning a game that DIRECTLY (in so many ways) shaped that space opera... do yourselves a favor, Star Controll II is freeware - search Google for THE URQUAN MASTERS and download the open source copy today - and lose the next month or so of your life!!
  • Zeipher - April 3, 2011 2:09 a.m.

WHERE THE FUCK IS GOLDENEYE?!? IT REVOLUTIONIZED FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS AND MULTIPLAYER GAMING, YOU BASTARDS!
  • infestedandy - April 3, 2011 1:44 a.m.

I ALMOST FORGOT! Alright, I did forget but that's beside the point. WHERE IN THE NAME OF THE HEAVENLY FATHER IS BALDUR'S GATE II? I demand answers. Now!
  • SOLAMON77 - April 3, 2011 1:40 a.m.

Great article, but Portal for the best game ever??? Really? It's a great game, but it's not the best ever. Still, good luck trying to figure out what that game is. This is a question that will keep gamers talking forever.