We Recommend

• Romination - April 2, 2011 8:25 a.m.

I'm a bit bummed that Metroid Prime couldn't make this, since it's such an amazing experience and does everything Super Metroid does, but in 3D, but I know there are people who aren't as fond of it and would fight it off for something like Super. I wish there was more of an explanation for why there was no prime though... Also, I hate Chrono Trigger. Seeing it rank at #3 is such an eye-rolling bother to me.
  • Spybreak8 - April 2, 2011 8:09 a.m.

I loved reading through this. I just have to say I'm sad not to see more strategy games on this list. From the boom, (spice boom maybe) of Dune 2 to the chaotic WW2 battles of Company of Hereos, you're missing some veeeerry important strategy games. Warcraft 3 might have the hero units but man oh man where would we be if Age of Empires didn't come out?! Rock, Paper, Scissors-Soldier, Archer, Calvary
  • Imthedoctor - April 2, 2011 7:26 a.m.

Portal? #1? ..can't say i agree, but that is a damn fine game indeed. Good choices. Suprised Ratchet and Clank or Crash Bandicoot wern't up there, but man am I glad Modern Warfare 2 wasn't up there! ^_^ thank god. Modern Warfare 1 was amazing though, the 2nd one though..bleh :P
  • ClassicCreation - April 2, 2011 7 a.m.

It makes me sad that Batman: Arkham Asylum didn't get placed higher. I thought that it was a masterpiece.
  • ichigoame - April 2, 2011 6:51 a.m.

I basically want to play chrono trigger because of this http://www.cracked.com/blog/chrono-trigger-2-benders-time-trippers-balls/
  • lovinmyps3 - April 2, 2011 5:35 a.m.

I am extremely surprised that I agree with almost this entire list. I would obviously rearrange the numbering according to my gaming tastes (put Assassin's Creed II much higher, move WoW much lower). There were many games I had no opinion on simply because I hadn't played them. There was only one game that I thought didn't deserve to be on this list: Minecraft. That slot, even at number 100, could have been taken by a better game, such as an entry of the sorely absent Devil May Cry series (probably 3), or Bayonetta (one of my personal favorites). Oh well, opinions! I'm surprised by GTA IV being at #4 though. While it is my favorite GTA game I don't see it being better than Red Dead or any of the top 10. I'm actually surprised at how upset I was that a great game like GTA was at #4. I personally don't think it deserves a spot in the top 10, maybe the top 25 though. And while I would put Twilight Princess over Wind Waker personally, I can see why it was placed where it was. You have persuaded me on that one GR. And just a personal pat on the back to me for this being my 1000th comment on GR! =P
  • spartan6431 - April 2, 2011 5:32 a.m.

@Tyler: Yeah well i guess, but Max Payne should have been there according to me, its responsible for much of the third person shooter mechanics in use today. But again, I am a Max Payne fanboy (if there is such a thing), so I'm probably biased :D
  • krebstar - April 2, 2011 4:58 a.m.

This list is silly
  • Solid_Gabriel - April 2, 2011 4:45 a.m.

I should've gonne sleeping two hours ago, before I decide to read this list. I'll consider this as an april fool's joke and pretend it's not for real.
  • Helios - April 2, 2011 4:08 a.m.

I wasn't sure I would fully agree with #1. But then I saw it, and I concur. Great choice.
  • Flashinthepan - April 2, 2011 3:59 a.m.

@FlashDancerElite I agree with both Link's Awakening being better than A Link to the PAst and Ocarina of Time being better than Twilight Princess, especially with the newer, more upgraded graphics coming out on the DS. Also, Prime is my fave Metroid game, though my Super Metroid ignorance could be the reason. Nintendo love to the rescue!
  • Flashinthepan - April 2, 2011 3:42 a.m.

Valve FTW. Though i think Tetris Blast for the Game Boy is a way better game than Tetris. If you're recommending a game for the modern gamer, something a little faster paced is ideal, don't you think. Plus, Tetris Blast is my favorite game of the original Game Boy era, which you neglected to put on your best Game Boy games list.
  • aang1050 - April 2, 2011 3:21 a.m.

While I agree with most of this list, I think that: 1. Portal should be a bit lower 2. Arkham Asylum should be a bit higher 3. Kingdom Hearts 2 should be on this list, because even though the first game is awesome, the second game is more playable now a days because it fixed many of the control and gameplay problem the first one had
  • GhostLightning - April 2, 2011 3:06 a.m.

Coming into this I knew I'd disagree with at least some choices. But Portal as the greatest video game of all time? That's completely ridiculous IMHO.
  • aequitas13 - April 2, 2011 3:03 a.m.

Where's Thief II ?!?!
  • TheWebSwinger - April 2, 2011 2:24 a.m.

Disagree.
  • SunniDee - April 2, 2011 2:11 a.m.

No "The world ends with you" why oh why it is an excellent game.Come on man. And i never Bitch about how my game didn't make it but come on.
  • HardMetalManiac - April 2, 2011 2:10 a.m.

Screw that poll last week, this is the greatest Gamesradar article ever
  • groovy3000 - April 2, 2011 1:22 a.m.

overall good list but its missing my two favourite games ever, mgs4 and fallout: New Vegas
  • DamnHippy - April 2, 2011 1 a.m.

I got worried When I didnt see portal on the list, but then i saw #1; Crisis avoided :p